Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1619608

Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
just completed the order from MCS - will be in hand in a few weeks?
This was not the grail I was hoping for
I was selling books the last year and leaving the credit to save for an Iron Man #1 in 9.0 to pair with my Sub-Mariner #1 in 9.0 and my signed Iron Man/Sub-Mariner #1 in 9.0

BUT....the price on this was too good....and after my credit it was even better
I let a 7.5 and 8.0 slide back in 2019/2020....figured I needed to jump on this? even with all the issues at CGC right now - most I've ever spent on a book!!! (by like a factor of 3 and a bit even with the credit )
gonna get nailed with duties too!!!!....oh well

it will pair nicely with this ($100 book back in the day!)

and this?

Post 876 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
@JazzyJeffie Thank you.
Post 877 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I just bought this book, but the pages didn't add up. Anybody know where their is an online copy i can compare to?

Post 878 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I just bought this book, but the pages didn't add up. Anybody know where their is an online copy i can compare to?

@HeinzDad gonna have some questions.
Post 879 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte 64 page book
Post 880 IP   flag post

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@drmccoy74
I didn't count 64 pages. Hence the question of an online book to compare it to.

@Cli4dR3D0g
I told heinzdad about the book before I made an offer on it.
Post 881 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte how many pages did it have? 15 pages inside the cover before the staple?
Post 882 IP   flag post
@drmccoy74

I had my brother count the pages, and he came up with 32. I guess I need to go back to school and learn to count.
Post 883 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
GCD says it has 68 pages. Inside outside front and back covers would account for eight of those pages. so, I'm guessing that would leave 30 pages front and back for the inside.
Post 884 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
GCD says it has 68 pages. Inside outside front and back covers would account for eight of those pages. so, I'm guessing that would leave 30 pages front and back for the inside.
correct. The cover wrap would count as four so 16 pages before and after the staple it should be legit
Post 885 IP   flag post
My brother counted 32 pages not including covers. So I'm assuming that's 64 after doubling it.

Sorry for the stupid question. I hate touching old books. I damaged another rare book and I have a intense fear of doing it again. The fact my hands tremble is a bad combination. Lol
Post 886 IP   flag post
@Bronte Yes, even though I messed up the math in my last post. It's 68 pages total. The front and back covers count as four with 32 interior pages front and back. 4 + 64 = 68.
Post 887 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 888 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cli4dR3D0g
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte

@HeinzDad gonna have some questions.

Post 889 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Really nice Mark Jeweler insert copy of Thing #14. I might get this one graded.

Post 890 IP   flag post

Post 891 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
My daughter-in-law picked up a stack of comics for me yesterday. She doesn't know anything about them besides I collect them 🙂

I think she got a great pickup for $10 👍

Post 892 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 893 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user

Post 894 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania
My daughter-in-law picked up a stack of comics for me yesterday. She doesn't know anything about them besides I collect them 🙂

Great deal for ten dollars, for her. Even better for you, free. Very nice of her.
Post 895 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania

Great deal for ten dollars, for her. Even better for you, free. Very nice of her.

She bought them for me but I paid her back the $10. So not free but still a great deal 👍
Post 896 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111

Wow. I wonder if there would be any chance of getting Julie Andrews to add a signature.
Post 897 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Wow. I wonder if there would be any chance of getting Julie Andrews to add a signature.

Oh believe me when I tell you I've done more research than a brain surgeon on this. I even started following her on Facebook! LOL.
Nothing I can move on, but I have my ears on the ground with Julie
Post 898 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111 Good luck!
Post 899 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Grabbed some dollar bin covers to play with.

A couple more Joe's working on my complete set.

And some childhood classics for cheap.

Post 900 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Got an unexpected surprise from Shortboxed this morning.

Not sure if this is a thank you for buying the ASM #3 from them, or an apology for the book needing a re-holder upon arrival?

Either way, I love the minimalist design. While I’m not normally a beanie guy, I’ll definitely wear this.

Post 901 IP   flag post
Signed by Anthony Daniels "C3PO"

A big thank you to Jon Jespersen, JJ's Comics, order_66 on eBay.

Post 902 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys. Been a while. I hope you all had a great Holiday and Wonderful New Year!

Thought I'd share a few recent comics I got for my personal collection.

GI Joe #1 Signed by Larry Hama and Bob McLeod

Magnus Robot Fighter #1 Signed by Jim Shooter, Bob Layton, and Janet Jackson.

First Appearance of Zartan.

First Appearance of Destro.

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.

Post 903 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
just completed the order from MCS - will be in hand in a few weeks?
This was not the grail I was hoping for
I was selling books the last year and leaving the credit to save for an Iron Man #1 in 9.0 to pair with my Sub-Mariner #1 in 9.0 and my signed Iron Man/Sub-Mariner #1 in 9.0

BUT....the price on this was too good....and after my credit it was even better
I let a 7.5 and 8.0 slide back in 2019/2020....figured I needed to jump on this? even with all the issues at CGC right now - most I've ever spent on a book!!! (by like a factor of 3 and a bit even with the credit )
gonna get nailed with duties too!!!!....oh well

Looks even better now that it is in hand...even arrived while my wife wasn't home - win!!!!
Duties were less than I thought too!!

Post 904 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics massive book!! congrats!!!
Post 905 IP   flag post
619265 999 30