Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1619608

Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I'm pretty much making an effort to stay away from the hobby while I recover from foot surgery, because the more time I give it, the more chance there is that I spend money. That said, I saw a recent post about the recent MCS auction. Being very bored that day, I popped over to see what was still available, and luckily there wasn't much left (for me). I found this with minutes left. This upgrades my raw copy.

Post 776 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 777 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte

Only in my dreams.
Post 778 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort

Only possible due to a friend with deep pockets and a loan.....
Post 779 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@sportshort

Only possible due to a friend with deep pockets and a loan.....

I'm just envious. Congrats!!!
Post 780 IP   flag post

Thank you
Post 781 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user

I had been wanting one of these for a while, and I managed to get this one for a good price (less than buying a raw copy and having it graded).
Post 782 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by James42

I had been wanting one of these for a while, and I managed to get this one for a good price (less than buying a raw copy and having it graded).

Wow!! Turkish edition...don't see that everyday. Congrats!
Post 783 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
They actually graded this submission properly. Go figure.
Must be the seasoned vets grading pre-1974 books.

Four Color 169 (Woody Woodpecker #1)
Two copies of Bonanza #1 (Four Color)
1st Lady and Tramp in comic books
A nice Unknown Soldier 1st app.
And the absolute prize of them all - the Mad Monster Party from Rankin Bass which was (and is) one of my all time favorite movies ever.

Post 784 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
And the absolute prize of them all - the Mad Monster Party from Rankin Bass which was (and is) one of my all time favorite movies ever.

Nice! I have the DVD but I do not have a copy of the comic. What a copy, too. Wow! Congrats!
Post 785 IP   flag post
Splotches is gettin old!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
but I do not have a copy of the comic. What a copy, too

This had been on my watch list for probably around 7 - 8 years. Nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing in high grade year after year after year.
Then finally a hit. πŸ˜€

It's incredible how one can purchase almost any superhero bronze/silver in high grade if one has the funds.

But the silver/bronze Dell, Gold Key, Charlton & Others - sometimes one has to wait years for a high grade candidate to even show up (regardless of price). It's frustrating, and yet it's fun too
Post 786 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
It's incredible how one can purchase almost any superhero bronze/silver in high grade if one has the funds.

But the silver/bronze Dell, Gold Key, Charlton

Agreed 1000%.

I'd love to find a high-grade copy of the first Dell Four Color "Twilight Zone" issue in high-grade. I own two copies (both low-grade pence copies). High-grade copies (US or UK) just never show up.

It's the same way with the ACG Truevision books that collect (from the early 50s). High-grade (really any grade of many of them) so rarely shows up that I'm ecstatic any time I find one. And, to be clear, very high-grade on those books tends to be in the 7.0 (F/VF) range. Lower for some of them.

I know that the largest demand is for Marvel keys and, to a lesser extent, DC keys and I completely get that. I'm a DC silver and bronze collector myself. However, assuming I had enough money, I could buy high-grade Marvel keys every day of the week. To a much lesser extent, DCs as well. That can't be said about high-grade Dells or Charltons or Gold Keys... or ACG Truevision issues. That's what makes the hunt for them so rewarding. πŸ™‚
Post 787 IP   flag post
Splotches is gettin old!
@DWeeB1967 Bingo!
Post 788 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user

Post 789 IP   flag post
Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
I know this is an obscure item to get graded, but there's something about a teenage girl in hotpants running around the jungle with a pistol. Nice grade for a 73-year-old book.

Post 790 IP   flag post
Quote:
They actually graded this submission properly. Go figure.
Must be the seasoned vets grading pre-1974 books.

Four Color 169 (Woody Woodpecker #1)
Two copies of Bonanza #1 (Four Color)
1st Lady and Tramp in comic books
A nice Unknown Soldier 1st app.

Great haul!!!!! Congrats man!!!
Post 791 IP   flag post

Post 792 IP   flag post
Collector XMYTHICxAtlas private msg quote post Address this user

These are a couple I got back a couple days ago.
Post 793 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
God darn I love Eastman Leather heads!
Post 794 IP   flag post
Ya, when I seen that cover it was a must buy.
Post 795 IP   flag post

Post 796 IP   flag post
That's an awesome print!
Post 797 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad very very cool!!!
Post 798 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

received this beauty yesterday, pairing it up with a couple of other books. So happy to add this classic to the collection
Post 799 IP   flag post
@Batman66 killer!!!
Post 800 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Not part of my comic collection but instead something for my fountain pen collection. Just fun rather than vintage or gold nib or anything.

Features... That's no moon....its a space station!! written on the barrel

I should count - probably close to 100 fountain pens with my oldest from the 1930's - and still writing beautifully (after a little restoration on my part - new rubber bladders and the like - nothing too crazy!)

Post 801 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Trying to go with quality over quantity lately. The art piece needs a good massaging in the lab to flatten it out.

Post 802 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cli4dR3D0g
Trying to go with quality over quantity lately. The art piece needs a good massaging in the lab to flatten it out.

I think you inspired me to open an MCS package. It was supposed to be a Xmas gift but someone was being a grouch so I just bought it…….

Edit: I could start a trend where I gift myself a comic or two on Thanksgiving.
Post 803 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad Do it! Only YOU can prevent forest fires!
Post 804 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Edit: I could start a trend where I gift myself a comic or two on Thanksgiving.

Absolutely! It would be a Thanksgiving miracle!
Post 805 IP   flag post
615415 999 30