Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1619608

Collector Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 751 IP   flag post
I'm sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user

Post 752 IP   flag post
Collector Stonecollector private msg quote post Address this user

Post 753 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Some recent pickups. The ASM #94 was an auction win, the others were purchases. I needed both the ASM #94 and #104 for my ASM run. The Adventure Comics #380 was a upgrade and the Adventure Comics #317 is like my fourth copy of that issue (because it’s the first Dream Girl).

Post 754 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
These arrived today. pretty stoked about the X-Men, Swamp thing and Space Adventures! I really wanted the Swamp Thing 10 when I read that it was the last Bernie Wrightson issue of the series.

Post 755 IP   flag post

Collector JazzyJeffie private msg quote post Address this user
Back from the dead hauls, thanks Tim for the help!

Post 756 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys! It’s been a while.

Been dealing with a lot lately, but I just won this guy on fee-bay & wanted to share.

Post 757 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim

Been dealing with a lot lately, but I just won this guy on fee-bay & wanted to share.

Always enjoy seeing this issue. Nice score!
Post 758 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim

Hey! Did you get that grail copy 9.6 you were selling books for?
Post 759 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad Unfortunately, no. I lost by a HUGE margin.

If it ever hits e-bay, I’ll probably just bite the bullet.
Post 760 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 761 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user

I'm a copycat and had to get this.
Post 762 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967

Nice piece...
I used to get a private showing of Boston copies about 3 or 4 times a year from my pal Bechara who brought that collection to market. He would have 2 or 3 copies of each book. It was great to be able to cherry pick though that collection. Those books were pristine. Would like to still have them.
But they all went the way of Jim Kramer....

Post 763 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks, @Nearmint67.

I've got a couple of books from the Boston Collection although, right now, I can't remember the others. I'll have to dig through my boxes and find them.
Post 764 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I've been wanting the "Popeye meets Bigfoot" mini comic for years now. I finally decided to get a copy and bought this set off of ebay. They are neither rare nor expensive, but adding a Bigfoot comic to my collection is fulfilling for me.

Post 765 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 766 IP   flag post
How do I know this? Because I've done it myself. lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Been on a Steranko kick lately.

Post 767 IP   flag post
How do I know this? Because I've done it myself. lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Had to use my credit on my account and grades were what I expected, so that was nice.

Post 768 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawguy1977
Had to use my credit on my account and grades were what I expected, so that was nice.

Am I wrong in thinking this is a unique pose by Batman?
Post 769 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 770 IP   flag post
@Gaard I think it’s considered a “classic” cover by Adams. Alex Ross recently did a nice homage to it for Batman 900.
Post 771 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Got this today from my sons as a birthday gift. Love the Michael Keaton movies.

Post 772 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
New Halloween stuff.

Post 773 IP   flag post

Post 774 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I've been wanting the "Popeye meets Bigfoot" mini comic for years now. I finally decided to get a copy and bought this set off of ebay. They are neither rare nor expensive, but adding a Bigfoot comic to my collection is fulfilling for me.

I have #3 and 4. Here is #3

Post 775 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I'm pretty much making an effort to stay away from the hobby while I recover from foot surgery, because the more time I give it, the more chance there is that I spend money. That said, I saw a recent post about the recent MCS auction. Being very bored that day, I popped over to see what was still available, and luckily there wasn't much left (for me). I found this with minutes left. This upgrades my raw copy.

Post 776 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 777 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte

Only in my dreams.
Post 778 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort

Only possible due to a friend with deep pockets and a loan.....
Post 779 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@sportshort

Only possible due to a friend with deep pockets and a loan.....

I'm just envious. Congrats!!!
Post 780 IP   flag post
619265 999 30