Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1619608

I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
I don't understand all the Peach Momoko fuss.

I really like her art style, although her pieces with the disembodied eyeballs wig me out a bit. She's one of the artists where I collect her covers because I like them, not because I care overmuch about the contents.

Also, since she lives in Japan, it makes it more difficult to get signed items or original art. So scarcity drives up demand.
Post 576 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user

eBay package arrived today. Not bad shape for a little over 3 bucks each.
Post 577 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by James42

Quote:
Originally Posted by James42

That's an awesome deal, congrats!
Post 578 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I finally sealed the deal on a project that was supposed to be done last year. It still took 6 months once I started but now it just needs little things. I had trees and brush removed by one company, had a dozen stumps ground, moved over a dozen wheel barrows of mulch from said stumps, backfilled with two trucks of soil, had an old fence removed that was tied up, and new boundaries set with a new fence. Also, I changed my split rail to chain link.

This will be the reason I don't post on new to my collection for a while.

Edit: the fence inspired this weeks cover contest.
Post 579 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
At first I was going to say it looks good. But it looks almost exactly like the one I just had installed, so I'm going to say it looks awesome!

I think I'm much more lazy than you, however. Sadly, my days of doing as much work as you did are just a memory. I just paid a guy.

Post 580 IP   flag post

Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
New arrivals after facilitators got some sigs for me...

Post 581 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Got this suprise in the mail today.

Very poor quality (0.5 - 1.0), but I now have the book.

Post 582 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdoes10
Got this suprise in the mail today.

Very poor quality (0.5 - 1.0), but I now have the book.

So so envious...
Post 583 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 584 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
I went to the first annual Bedrock City Comic Con in Houston yesterday. It's being put on by Bedrock City Comics, the largest dealer around these parts. For those of you in the area, I'd highly recommend going (it's still going on today). It's a mid-size show but there are many quality dealers.

I picked up a Canadian version of Two-Fisted Tales #35 to go with my graded US version.

One more True-Vision book that I had never seen in person before.

A couple of high-grade "Dial H" books. Love those Newton rings 🙂.

And last but not least, this one is pretty much the grail of grails for me. While this is not his first appearance, it is the third appearance of the Spectre. More importantly, IMO, this cover is the best from the More Fun Spectre issues. I was able to work a trade/$$$ deal for it so I'm pretty happy this morning.

Disclaimer: I don't work for Bedrock City. I just like a good comic show.
Post 585 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
@DWeeB1967 I’ve always loved that Spectre cover too makes me think of the big Dr. Manhattan in the Watchmen movie.
Post 586 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murm
@DWeeB1967 I’ve always loved that Spectre cover too makes me think of the big Dr. Manhattan in the Watchmen movie.
Yep it does. It looks kind of like the scene when he's walking through the rice paddy/battlefield in Vietnam talking out the enemy soldiers.
Post 587 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
1943 Columbia Comics #1 (1943)
Post 588 IP   flag post
Collector imcnok private msg quote post Address this user

Post 589 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@imcnok - Nice copy! But it is mislabeled; that’s not a newsstand edition.
Post 590 IP   flag post
Have wanted this for a long, long time. I bought a place holder quite a while back, a raw 2.0, on a good day (if the light is just right, you squint and tilt your head a bit).

I dig Steranko art, a lot!

Post 591 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@imcnok - Nice copy! But it is mislabeled; that’s not a newsstand edition.

You're right...never even noticed the label said that. I bought the book...not the jacket 😁
Post 592 IP   flag post

Post 593 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user

Post 594 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Have wanted this for a long, long time. I bought a place holder quite a while back, a raw 2.0, on a good day (if the light is just right, you squint and tilt your head a bit).

Scorpio is Nick Fury's brother, Jacob.
Post 595 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort

Scorpio is Nick Fury's brother, Jacob.

@DrWatson, you should have said "spoiler alert" - Joking

I did not know that. Thank you!
Post 596 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
That's Jake Fury's first appearance as Scorpio even though it isn't noted on the label.
Post 597 IP   flag post
Quote:
That's Jake Fury's first appearance as Scorpio even though it isn't noted on the label.

That begs the question, "shouldn't it"?
Post 598 IP   flag post
Some neat auction wins.

Post 599 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Latest acquisition:

Post 600 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

just picked up 31 copies of super dooper 7( note: there is about half that has 2 books in the bag and board), only 25 on the CGC census and none on cbcs population report. Does have an appearance by hitler. My wife seen the books and asked if it was Homer Simpson, definitely looks like a prototype
Post 601 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user
My last comic grail achieved. Only took 10 years.
Post 602 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user
Let's try this again.

My last comic grail achieved

Post 603 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by cesidio
My last comic grail achieved. Only took 10 years.
I have a grail I haven't found yet. Been looking for 20 years, one day maybe I'll find a nice copy. Only seen one and it was a poor condition. So, I feel your pain. Congratulations
Post 604 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66

Any chance a copy for sale? If yes how much?
Post 605 IP   flag post
615415 999 30