Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1619608

How do I know this? Because I've done it myself. lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC not sure if the Tavour app ships to Canada, but it’s a great way to get beers that aren’t local. Consider yourself warned though, that app is almost as addictive as this hobby 😉
Post 551 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

happy to finally add a visions 1 to the collection, hard mag to come by. Got them all for a little over the last sale for a visions 1 6.0. These books probably won't or don't appeal to most collectors, love the obscure stuff
Post 552 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
happy to finally add a visions 1 to the collection, hard mag to come by.

Count me among the group of collectors that can be impressed by some of the obscure stuff. Visions #1 is one of the few books that can actually make me envious. Not as an investment book, but purely on a Personal Collection level.
Post 553 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
happy to finally add a visions 1 to the collection, hard mag to come by.

Count me among the group of collectors that can be impressed by some of the obscure stuff. Visions #1 is one of the few books that can actually make me envious. Not as an investment book, but purely on a Personal Collection level.

same here - think that's the only Carrot book still on my want list!
Post 554 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

Yeah, I've got all the other Visions books and 3-4 copies of the 1981 Summer-Fall Special.
Post 555 IP   flag post

Collector Stonecollector private msg quote post Address this user
Came in today

Post 556 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Didn’t expect to win the auction for this guy today.

Post 557 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

I'm a sucker for these simple sketches. Love the Doom and Galactus. By far my favorite is the more fun with the Spector and Dr Fate
Post 558 IP   flag post
Collector Stonecollector private msg quote post Address this user
Came in just as I was leaving for work
The MAXX #2

Post 559 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

Yeah, I've got all the other Visions books and 3-4 copies of the 1981 Summer-Fall Special.

unfortunately I don't have any of the other Vision books but I do have most of the Carrot comics and a few ashcans and a sketch or two - might have to add the other early appearances to the 'want' list?
Post 560 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I'm a sucker for these simple sketches. Love the Doom and Galactus. By far my favorite is the more fun with the Spector and Dr Fate

Very cool! Is there a backstory to these sketches? Are they of the time of the book or much later? Were the sketches done by an artist or an owner of the book?
Post 561 IP   flag post
@GAC I'm sure it was done by a kid who owned the book. Just think it adds to the history of the book, like a date stamp but much more unique, just love it
Post 562 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
I pre-ordered a 9.8 copy of this for fifty bucks, plus shipping. The vendor contacted me and told me that he had not been able to get enough 9.8 copies to fill the orders, and offered the options of a refund, a 9.8 of the "A" cover, or 9.6 copies of both. I countered with the 9.6 and a partial refund. Not sure what I was expecting, but the vendor gave me $43 back. A very pleasant surprise.

Working on my GI Combat run. Whenever I find a decent copy for a good price that I don't have, I pick it up. As long as it's complete, anyway.

Post 563 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@GAC I'm sure it was done by a kid who owned the book. Just think it adds to the history of the book, like a date stamp but much more unique, just love it

That's one of the many reasons why I collect golden age books! The fact that a kid bought this book, read/used it and it survived the ravages of time to be enjoyed now. The concept of monetizing that book didn't cross their minds in the golden age.
Post 564 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Uncut 1954 Jim Solar mini giveaways. These would have been cut into 3 individual comics.

Post 565 IP   flag post
In that sketch I see a dog who pee'd on the carpet being scolded by an angry owner. Probably just my conditioning from having a puppy. Quote:

Post 566 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Agreed! very cool indeed!
Post 567 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Speaking of sketches...

I think little Johnny probably has some 'splainin to do. Or maybe little Mary does?
Post 568 IP   flag post
@Gaard Seems pretty on-brand for Namor.
Post 569 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I’m not really a figure collector, but Target had one in-stick & I’m a sucker for anything ‘Creature’. Plus, the box is awesome and serious bonus points for it being in black & white.

Post 570 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
More Peach Momoko books for her NYCC signing

Post 571 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim Those NECA monster figures are nice. I have most of them (in color though).
Post 572 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I don't understand all the Peach Momoko fuss.
Post 573 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
I don’t either, but as long as they keep funding the war chest for the silver and Bronze Age books I’m chasing I won’t complain.
Post 574 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I also don't understand the need to buy a new cell phone ever year if there's nothing wrong with the one you have.
Post 575 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
I don't understand all the Peach Momoko fuss.

I really like her art style, although her pieces with the disembodied eyeballs wig me out a bit. She's one of the artists where I collect her covers because I like them, not because I care overmuch about the contents.

Also, since she lives in Japan, it makes it more difficult to get signed items or original art. So scarcity drives up demand.
Post 576 IP   flag post

eBay package arrived today. Not bad shape for a little over 3 bucks each.
Post 577 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by James42

Quote:
Originally Posted by James42

That's an awesome deal, congrats!
Post 578 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I finally sealed the deal on a project that was supposed to be done last year. It still took 6 months once I started but now it just needs little things. I had trees and brush removed by one company, had a dozen stumps ground, moved over a dozen wheel barrows of mulch from said stumps, backfilled with two trucks of soil, had an old fence removed that was tied up, and new boundaries set with a new fence. Also, I changed my split rail to chain link.

This will be the reason I don't post on new to my collection for a while.

Edit: the fence inspired this weeks cover contest.
Post 579 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
At first I was going to say it looks good. But it looks almost exactly like the one I just had installed, so I'm going to say it looks awesome!

I think I'm much more lazy than you, however. Sadly, my days of doing as much work as you did are just a memory. I just paid a guy.

Post 580 IP   flag post
615415 999 30