Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1619608

I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
@drmccoy74 for some reason I have an affinity for SA 6.0's ... primarily raw. I love the feel.
do they feel like something between a 5.0 and a 7.0? 🀣
Post 476 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmccoy74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
@drmccoy74 for some reason I have an affinity for SA 6.0's ... primarily raw. I love the feel.
do they feel like something between a 5.0 and a 7.0? 🀣

Very distinctive, actually.
Post 477 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross wow, that is concerning. This is my copy, it came back from cbcs a 9.6 with color touch. One spine tick someone hit with a marker. Eventually I'll have it removed and regreded
Post 478 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 strange how my original is dark blue on the cover while the reprint and your original copy is almost black in color. Shame to hear the CT and hope it doesn't drop the grade for you too much.
Post 479 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
here's mine:

Post 480 IP   flag post

I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross what's weird is the reprint on the right looks like it has tanning on the spine. And your right, your copy is definitely more blue than black
Post 481 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Mine is a little more beat up lol!

Post 482 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Here's a better look at the replica Strange Tales 115 that came with the Doctor Strange hardcover slip case.
It doesn't have glossy interior pages it has paper quality between newspaper and non gloss.

The interior is off so if wouldn't get easily passed as a original. But if one had a original coverless copy and slipped this cover over. It still could be detected but I think not easily.
Post 483 IP   flag post
Batman day today so

Foil Batman 1

Picked up this Doctor Hargraves because I really like the coloring on this cover and it's in pretty good shape for a Charlton.
From the same collection of bronze books that were bought and stored and never read.

And also these two Phantom Strangers from the same collection. These have corners so sharp you could poke your eyes out. And I'm glad these copies have white pages.

Post 484 IP   flag post
Collector Retired_11B private msg quote post Address this user

Just received these back. I am glad I had them sent in, the ASM's and Silver Surfer were the first comics I bought while my wife and I had just started dating.
Post 485 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by cesidio
Overpaid for this one. Oh well can't win them all

@cesidio why do you feel like you overpaid?
Post 486 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

It's a 9.2. Old cgc slab. Last 3 ebay sales and last three mcs sales with fees averaged 55 shipping ect. Granted one was a cbcs slab which took down the average.

Doesn't much matter. My g.i. joe 1-10 run complete now.
Post 487 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's a 9.2. Old cgc slab. Last 3 ebay sales and last three mcs sales with fees averaged 55 shipping ect. Granted one was a cbcs slab which took down the average.

Technically you did not over pay...the book is worth exactly what someone is willing to pay and you did just that....you paid the fair market value.
Post 488 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Technically you did not over pay...the book is worth exactly what someone is willing to pay and you did just that....you paid the fair market value.

You are correct. I stand corrected
Post 489 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You are correct. I stand corrected

Congrats on your complete GI Joe 1 thru 10!
Post 490 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Just go this recently.

Post 491 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@earthshaker01 What the hell is a "monkey doodle boy???" πŸ˜„
Post 492 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
I had the same question. Lol.
Post 493 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
Quote:

I think it's an old movie, "The Adventures of Monkey Doodle Boy and Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier".
Post 494 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
I think it's an old movie, "The Adventures of Monkey Doodle Boy and Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier".

Oh OK. That clears it up. πŸ˜„
Post 495 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure who we just picked this up from, but THANK YOU!

Post 496 IP   flag post

Post 497 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
It still is beneficial / positive for me to purchase books that have terrible (and I mean really terrible) listing pictures.
I bid at a price that is for low grade, but hoping for high grade.
If it's low grade, at worst I only paid the FMV.
If higher, which often is, I get a great deal like this.
Ebayers avoid bad pictures.
I target bad pictures.
And It may sound crazy not to ask for more pictures, but often if you do, then they put the new ones up in place of the old ones and the entire world can see how nice the book is.

$22 with no other bidders.
Three of the tiniest color breaks. Razor sharp corners and no other flaws I can detect.

I'm happy with this and remain happy with my approach as it has had far more successes than downers. And even when there are downers I just sell it off for roughly the price I paid. Win / Win imo.

Post 498 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111, one of my favorites.
Post 499 IP   flag post
Collector Stonecollector private msg quote post Address this user

Came home to a new issue but was a little freaked out when opening it because the corners were bent and there was a tare at one end.
After close inspection 🧐 the boards corner had the faintest crease but comic was ok
Post 500 IP   flag post
Collector XMYTHICxAtlas private msg quote post Address this user

This was one of my first submissions. It was a shock getting a 9.8. It was cool getting to me Eastman and the cover artist Sult at a con to get the signatures.
Post 501 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Noah sult used to frequent these forums. He did an awesome cover sketch of a turtle. He does great work
Post 502 IP   flag post
Collector XMYTHICxAtlas private msg quote post Address this user
That's cool to hear. He was awesome to talk to. That cover I got was my favorite from The Last Ronin series.
Post 503 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah. This was last ronin as well.

Post 504 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
I love finding these early Image Aschans.

This one is a sealed one with a sticker. Wish it was one of the unsealed ones as I don’t trust myself pulling off a 30yr old sticker.

Post 505 IP   flag post
619265 999 30