Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1619608

You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
In 1977, Schomburg and a few of his fellow Golden Age comic book artists collaborated on the Invaders Annual #1, written by Roy Thomas. Schomburg penciled and inked a six-page chapter featuring the Golden Age Human Torch as well as the cover.

This book is a great way for collectors to own a Schomburg cover without spending too much cash. Plus it's just a cool cover anyway. πŸ™‚πŸ‘
Post 251 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@DWeeB1967 Totally agree...super cheap book and great cover from a master artist. I think it was @Flanders that brought this book to the forums attention.
Post 252 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
In 1977, Schomburg and a few of his fellow Golden Age comic book artists collaborated on the Invaders Annual #1, written by Roy Thomas. Schomburg penciled and inked a six-page chapter featuring the Golden Age Human Torch. Alex Schomburg cover and art, his first Marvel work in 30 years.

what's also cool is that invaders annual 1 was Schomburg's last work. I'm fortunate enough to have a copy verified sigs from Schomburg and Lee. His signature on a comic book is very scarce, I've been offered $3500 for this book but wouldn't be able to replace it

Post 253 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
In 1977, Schomburg and a few of his fellow Golden Age comic book artists collaborated on the Invaders Annual #1, written by Roy Thomas. Schomburg penciled and inked a six-page chapter featuring the Golden Age Human Torch. Alex Schomburg cover and art, his first Marvel work in 30 years.

what's also cool is that invaders annual 1 was Schomburg's last work. I'm fortunate enough to have a copy verified sigs from Schomburg and Lee. His signature on a comic book is very scarce, I've been offered $3500 for this book but wouldn't be able to replace it

I thought this might be true....I was trying to find something on this but couldn't.....thanks for confirming this!!!

EDIT: It would be nice if the label noted this.
Post 254 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 255 IP   flag post

Got a decent deal for this....it's an upgrade to my PGX 9.2...my sole PGX book.

Post 256 IP   flag post
Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
This is my 4th copy. I have a problem

I want one.
Post 257 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNotSoNice
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
This is my 4th copy. I have a problem

I want one.

They're out there
.It's just I don't sell and if I see a copy at a nice price and well...
Post 258 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Three books that aren't Fantastic Four #186 or Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane #106:

Post 259 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Bernie and 2 mcfarlane signed books

Post 260 IP   flag post
The USPS surprisingly came through today:

Post 261 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Three books that aren't Fantastic Four #186 or Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane #106:

Never known @DrWatson to have an X-Men book graded as low as 9.6. 🍻
Post 262 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Late to the party, but @HeinzDad hooked me up with these a while back.

Post 263 IP   flag post
@Cli4dR3D0g Don't drop your teeth, but...

Post 264 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
@Cli4dR3D0g Don't drop your teeth, but...

Mind blown.
Post 265 IP   flag post
The good Dr's collection is out of this world. Super high grades but also great examples of each book....no miswraps, sharp corners...awesome!!
Post 266 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I crazily paid close to $500 for a 6.5 of this about two years ago. I couldn't pass up the chance to own a higher grade for less than half that price.

Post 267 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these yesterday

Overpaid a bit for both, but overall happy.
Post 268 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
The good Dr's collection is out of this world. Super high grades but also great examples of each book....no miswraps, sharp corners...awesome!!

There are times when I'd trade it all for your stash. There are a lot of great books out there if one can see past the label. Not all graded book are created equal.
Post 269 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders What would a raw looking 8.2 Strange Tales 169 be worth? Anyone have any ideas?
Post 270 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Strange tales 169

Post 271 IP   flag post
@Bronte thanks mate πŸ‘
Post 272 IP   flag post

Post 273 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for the inspiration @GAC!

Post 274 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders I'm still considering the FF #186, have a RIPPED bill coming due shortly. Perhaps after...
Post 275 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
#2 son showed up with this one. Thanks kid!

Post 276 IP   flag post
@HAmistoso Great book!!!!
Post 277 IP   flag post
This one arrived today.

Post 278 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 279 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
From the Covington, KY Collection (no pedigree). This is the last issue in the series, with White Pages. It’s my first graded Charlton. πŸ‘πŸ™‚

Post 280 IP   flag post
615415 999 30