New to Your Collection #1619608

I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I've never seen the book guys.
Post 226 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
I've never seen the book guys.

Click on the link flanders provided a few posts above. Fantastic Four 186 CBCS 9.4. It's a great deal.
Post 227 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross Man...I wish I had your connections. Those Demons are really nice!!
Post 228 IP   flag post
@drmccoy74 I don't collect multiples either. This obsession is strictly psychological trauma caused by my sister at an early age.
Post 229 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user

Post 230 IP   flag post

Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these back on yellow labels. Bought them from Bob Hall at a convention, picked up by the CGC witness. Love original art. Wish I picked up more. It’s interesting how they sealed it. The case isn’t the hard, rigid plastic. It’s flexible like the inner well.

Post 231 IP   flag post
@multi007 It is inner well material.
Post 232 IP   flag post
A 9.8 blue label copy graded by the cgc end up selling for $100 in the last MCS auction. I stopped bidding when it went over $90. I went searching on eBay and found a seller willing to part with this for $75. I feel special.

Post 233 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson I suppose @Hamistoso will have to stop with the "CGC Shill" comments.
Post 234 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Somebody rang? I did it all for the Wookiee...
Post 235 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@DrWatson I suppose @Hamistoso will have to stop with the "CGC Shill" comments.

I have several CBCS books. I actually prefer them to the cgc. However, lack of availability or competitive pricing isn't going to stop me from purchasing a book I would like to buy.
Post 236 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
I am surprised the FF #186 is still available...
Post 237 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up a small box yesterday on a can't pass it up deal. Some are pretty rough but still cool

Post 238 IP   flag post
This one also arrived today from Sparkle City Comics. The bottom right hand corner is missing about 1/3 of the front edge of the holder and has an impact dent on the right corner. The pieces aren't in the box or the bag, and the box shows no signs of damage. Therefore, one has to assume that it was shipped that way. We'll see what happens. I messaged them with pictures. I posted it sideways for effect, but also for @flanders. I know how he loves a sideways book.

Post 239 IP   flag post
@DrWatson have you tried reaching out to Blackstone or Jay-Z directly for assistance?
Post 240 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds like being an ass and being a clown are very much the same thing. 🙂 j/k 🍻
Post 241 IP   flag post
What? Just a simple question...
Post 242 IP   flag post
@HAmistoso lol!!!
Post 243 IP   flag post
Maybe you can help out and send the email @GAC...
Post 244 IP   flag post
@flanders how much is the FF #186? I'm getting interested now.
Post 245 IP   flag post

Post 246 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Nothing special about this book. I just liked the colors and the grade for the price:

Post 247 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Forgot I had this. Found it when I was organizing the storage unit and brought home for a read.

The Finder by Bad Idea. They gave a copy to each of their “Stop Bad Idea” Kickstarter backers. Still waiting on my Hero Trade TBP.

Tomás Giorello’s art never disappoints

Post 248 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up the X-Men today at a great price and picked up the Spider-Man, Disney/Iron Man homage, a couple of weeks ago.

Post 249 IP   flag post
In 1977, Schomburg and a few of his fellow Golden Age comic book artists collaborated on the Invaders Annual #1, written by Roy Thomas. Schomburg penciled and inked a six-page chapter featuring the Golden Age Human Torch. Alex Schomburg cover and art, his first Marvel work in 30 years.

Post 250 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
In 1977, Schomburg and a few of his fellow Golden Age comic book artists collaborated on the Invaders Annual #1, written by Roy Thomas. Schomburg penciled and inked a six-page chapter featuring the Golden Age Human Torch as well as the cover.

This book is a great way for collectors to own a Schomburg cover without spending too much cash. Plus it's just a cool cover anyway. 🙂👍
Post 251 IP   flag post
@DWeeB1967 Totally agree...super cheap book and great cover from a master artist. I think it was @Flanders that brought this book to the forums attention.
Post 252 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
In 1977, Schomburg and a few of his fellow Golden Age comic book artists collaborated on the Invaders Annual #1, written by Roy Thomas. Schomburg penciled and inked a six-page chapter featuring the Golden Age Human Torch. Alex Schomburg cover and art, his first Marvel work in 30 years.

what's also cool is that invaders annual 1 was Schomburg's last work. I'm fortunate enough to have a copy verified sigs from Schomburg and Lee. His signature on a comic book is very scarce, I've been offered $3500 for this book but wouldn't be able to replace it

Post 253 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

what's also cool is that invaders annual 1 was Schomburg's last work. I'm fortunate enough to have a copy verified sigs from Schomburg and Lee. His signature on a comic book is very scarce, I've been offered $3500 for this book but wouldn't be able to replace it

I thought this might be true....I was trying to find something on this but couldn't.....thanks for confirming this!!!

EDIT: It would be nice if the label noted this.
Post 254 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 255 IP   flag post
615415 999 30