Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1619608

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson it only counts tomorrow…
Post 2 IP   flag post
I'm afraid you've lost me.
Post 3 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson

I think he is referring to the comic cover. Yesterday quest.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Ah, I've used up all my neuronic energy for the day.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector El_Dub13 private msg quote post Address this user
My Zombie Tramp 58 Kickstarter rewards. Joe Chiodo cover set, McComb “Janey the Clown” cover and Mendoza HOS 92 homage.

Post 6 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
@El_Dub13 zombie tramp is such a.. um niche(maybe) series, but that chiodo cover is cool. And you can totally tell the top on one version was added later; just saying.

@DrWatson Scarlet Witch is always good 👍🏻
Post 7 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
@HAmistoso Very nice. Though I have to say, I'm not sure I'd ever really stopped to look at that X-Men 32 cover before. That Juggernaut may be Exhibit A on why there are relatively few hard-core Werner Roth fans.
Post 9 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
Another copper age key issue for my Rogue run (since it is the first appearance of her "Outback era" costume). And one I have wanted, on an off, since the day I first read it.

Plus, Annual 10 had Mojo de-age the X-Men so he could reboot them into being his X-Men team. With a member of the New Mutants using the "X-Babies" name as a way to claim they'll never become X-Men.

Post 10 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers
@HAmistoso Very nice. Though I have to say, I'm not sure I'd ever really stopped to look at that X-Men 32 cover before. That Juggernaut may be Exhibit A on why there are relatively few hard-core Werner Roth fans.

Agreed @CatCovers, truly terrifying!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
I won these in an auction, I'm surprised that I was just 1 of a handful of bidders. Granted these books aren't big keys or high grade, but still. Now to collect the other super-pets!

Post 12 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
When something upgrades my day to melancholy.

I truly miss the copper age era of comics...

Post 13 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user

Not bad for 12 bucks and change. Gradually working on G.I. Combat keys. The ones I can afford, anyway.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve had my eye on this book for a very long time. Finally found an affordable copy.

Post 15 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant_Subtitles

Killer!
Post 16 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant_Subtitles

Killer!

Thanks. The best part was that I got it for less than what I was willing to pay.
Post 18 IP   flag post
More copper age keys for my Rogue run!

The label doesn't say it up issue 246 had Nimrod be forced into fusing with Master Mold. That issue 247 had Nimrod talk through Master Mold. And issue 275 has Zeladane be killed off by Magneto.

Plus, issue 246 had Rogue be forced into wearing Carol's Ms. Marvel costume in the issue.

Post 19 IP   flag post

Post 20 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user

Post 21 IP   flag post
@Bronte Nice book! Looking at that one always bums me out remembering I sold my (easily 9.4 or better) copy signed by Bissette for chump change about 15 years ago. I don't know what I was thinking.
Post 22 IP   flag post
@CatCovers

Yeah I have a 9.8 but it's the fact thst this is a Canadian variant that makes this one special. The CPV versions are rare as hens teeth.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user

Post 24 IP   flag post

Post 25 IP   flag post

Post 26 IP   flag post

Post 27 IP   flag post

Post 28 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I picked these up at a recent MCS auction. I always liked Darkman as a kid and now that I've discovered there are 3 movies, I might have to do a movie and comic marathon one of these days.

A relative of mine happened to be dating Smiley around the time the movie came out and I was star struck after I recognized him. He was nice enough to give me a signed headshot, but unfortunately I no longer have it. I might have to try to pick one up on ebay (if they exist), just for the novelty of being able to say, "I have a signed headshot of Smiley from Darkman!!".

Post 29 IP   flag post
I had no idea the Martian Manhunter also wrote pulp stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii

Post 30 IP   flag post
614861 999 30