CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

Damaged book during grading19562

Collector Buzbe private msg quote post Address this user
Well I waiting to see how this comes out before finish my submissions
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector S10angler private msg quote post Address this user
Update….. Courtney from customer service replied to me and asked for info regarding a return label for a return to “see what they can do” 👍🏼
Post 27 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by S10angler
Update….. Courtney from customer service replied to me and asked for info regarding a return label for a return to “see what they can do” 👍🏼

thats something. unless they find another daredevil #1 signed by stan lee. they should either pay you a lot of money, or send a replacement better grade copy and another stan lee signed comic if they cant find one

cbcs makes mistakes but this is a crime. unless they rectify the issue in some way. this could warrant a lawsuit.
Post 28 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55
Quote:

thats something. unless they find another daredevil #1 signed by stan lee. they should either pay you a lot of money, or send a replacement better grade copy and another stan lee signed comic if they cant find one

cbcs makes mistakes but this is a crime. unless they rectify the issue in some way. this could warrant a lawsuit.

settle down....this is not a crime by any means...this is a possible outcome when handling/slabbing comics. Obviously, this is not an ideal situation but I guarantee this is addressed in CBCS's T&C and CBCS will act on their T&C.
Post 29 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:

settle down....this is not a crime by any means...this is a possible outcome when handling/slabbing comics. Obviously, this is not an ideal situation but I guarantee this is addressed in CBCS's T&C.

Agreed, and it sounds like the difference is between a 2.5 and something just a bit south of that.

That said, it indicates sloppiness across the board. The damage itself, completing the encapsulation, making it past final QC checks, etc.
Post 30 IP   flag post

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:

settle down....this is not a crime by any means...this is a possible outcome when handling/slabbing comics. Obviously, this is not an ideal situation but I guarantee this is addressed in CBCS's T&C.

Agreed, and it sounds like the difference is between a 2.5 and something just a bit south of that.

That said, it indicates sloppiness across the board. The damage itself, completing the encapsulation, making it past final QC checks, etc.

For sure QC will have to answer for letting that one get through.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Agreed even my wife that knows nothing about comics or grades mentioned how This could have gone by quality control . I’m sure there’s a human being that gathers the books after slabbing and inspect them to ensure that it was a clean seal or something … reminds me of
The meme of the guy from the Adam Sandler movie character …”looks good to me “ lol
Post 32 IP   flag post
Quote:
Agreed even my wife that knows nothing about comics or grades mentioned how This could have gone by quality control . I’m sure there’s a human being that gathers the books after slabbing and inspect them to ensure that it was a clean seal or something … reminds me of
The meme of the guy from the Adam Sandler movie character …”looks good to me “ lol

Post 33 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
hope they resolve this in some way that pleases you. it was an accident (hopefully) but such a great comic with that signature.

i hope this doesnt stray you from cbcs.
Post 34 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
This was one of the biggest of my complaints

You and everyone else.
Post 35 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
Mistakes definitely happen and this one sucks, but this really should not get through quality control.
A 3-5 second inspection is more than enough to catch that.
If quality control isn't even giving every slab a 3-5 second once over, why have the department?
Their job is literally to catch obvious errors like this.
I hope it gets resolved for you to a satisfactory conclusion.
Post 36 IP   flag post
any update?
Post 37 IP   flag post
Hello Everyone, book is enrt back to cbcs to assess the issue. I will keep up with updates and outcome soon as they take possession of book next week. As of now assigned customer service tech seems to be on top of issue and will personally take possession of book and walk in trough every step and claim.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Hello Everyone, book is enrt back to cbcs to assess the issue. I will keep up with updates and outcome soon as they take possession of book next week. As of now assigned customer service tech seems to be on top of issue and will personally take possession of book and walk in trough every step and claim.

The slab will be cracked open, graded again and you will receive a check for the difference in FMV between the two grades.

This is unfortunate but you’ll be made whole.

Unlike the poor SOB who subbed a rock solid 9.8 raw Ultimate Fallout 4 1st print to CGC, and received a different copy, a very loosely graded 9.6 in return.

He called it out on CGC’s board and got a payout, but from the sound of it, it wasn’t nearly what was owed to him.
This happened with
Post 39 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicHoarder
Quote:

The slab will be cracked open, graded again and you will receive a check for the difference in FMV between the two grades.

This is unfortunate but you’ll be made whole.

Fingers crossed.
Post 40 IP   flag post
mistakes do happen by anyone and any company. its making up for it is what matters. yes they damaged the comic and would now a get a worst grade than before. but its a still a verified stan lee autographed 1st daredevil. if they rehold with new grade...and pay you back the difference in fmv. you can use that to get another great comic
Post 41 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
If grading companies are going to treat all books the same regardless of value, why charge a premium to encapsulate high value books?
Post 42 IP   flag post
601466 42 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?