Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

Damaged book during grading19562

Collector S10angler private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everyone im new here , I just got my submission back from cbcs today and it was damaged during grading . What steps do I take in order to fix this issue? will purchased insurance cover this ? Thanks …

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Element_Lad private msg quote post Address this user
Wow. Never seen one where a tear is flapped over like that and not corrected before heat sealing. Good thing you had that photo of it during actual submission. Start with an email with the photos to Customer Service. customerservice@cbcscomics.com
Post 2 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
That’s nasty.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
That's terrible...what the hell CBCS? There's been two of these posts in the last day. As said above, contact customer service. The insurance will cover the difference in the new and old market value after it's regraded (up to the amount of insurance you purchased).

Also, @S10angler welcome to the forum. I'm envious of your composed response.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Jgwalters100 private msg quote post Address this user
Daredevil #1 it makes me cry. Unbelievable
Post 5 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@S10angler

Good thing you took that picture.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Element_Lad
Wow. Never seen one where a tear is flapped over like that and not corrected before heat sealing. Good thing you had that photo of it during actual submission. Start with an email with the photos to Customer Service. customerservice@cbcscomics.com

Who's book was this? @Batman66 ?

Post 7 IP   flag post
This is only my second submission and this happens smh . The graders notes don’t reflect that tear so im sure sure it happened after it left grading and entered the sealing stage .
Post 8 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Element_Lad

Who's book was this? @Batman66 ?

yes that's my book and it was damaged more, there was a tear but ripped more and folded. The book was a low grade and sold the book as it was.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
How does something like this even leave the CBCS facility? Do you think there's a group of employees that just choose to look the other way when they mess something up, so the company doesn't know who made the mistake and no one in particular has to risk being disciplined or possibly lose their job? I can imagine it's pretty tough to go to your boss and say you just effed up an expensive book. I've definitely made multiple mistakes that have cost companies I've worked for thousands of dollars, but I've never been in a job of this nature.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by S10angler
This is only my second submission and this happens smh . The graders notes don’t reflect that tear so im sure sure it happened after it left grading and entered the sealing stage .
That's terrible Bro. I would be inconsolable
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Buzbe private msg quote post Address this user
At least you got you correct book back that’s a smaller win
Post 12 IP   flag post
But in both cases I would cry are planning to get rid of the DD1 let me know maybe we can trade or something
Post 13 IP   flag post
Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user
@S10angler I'm curious to know how customer service responds, and the situation is handled, especially with the pic provided. Welcome to the forum @S10angler!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by makahuka
@S10angler I'm curious to know how customer service responds, and the situation is handled, especially with the pic provided. Welcome to the forum @S10angler!

+1
Post 15 IP   flag post
Good morning everyone … emailed cbcs Friday and again today , have yet to hear anything regarding this issue . I will post an update as I get further Info . It’s sad that we submit these books, in my case a book that I wanted to Conserve best I can due to sentimental value and it’s damaged . Now I’m
Afraid to send it back and risk it getting lost or damaged further .
Post 16 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
isnt this kind of thing why cbcs insures the comics. in case they damage it? its a shame. 1st daredevil appearance and signed by stan lee.

Im trying to figure out how that tear happened? if it was a corner. couldve been due to how it was place in slab and corner was weak. but that had to have been diliberate for that kind of tear (based on placement.) like someone tore it. no indication on the submission photo that such a pre exitisting problem.

get it regraded would be like a 0.5. unless you can find a replacement copy with a verified signature of stan lee from the money they owe you (again insured)

this makes me want to take photos of my upcoming submissions at their table when I do it next month. to be safe
Post 17 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Good morning everyone … emailed cbcs Friday and again today , have yet to hear anything

Weird, because I heard CS was so much better now.
Post 18 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros
Quote:
Good morning everyone … emailed cbcs Friday and again today , have yet to hear anything

Weird, because I heard CS was so much better now.

This was one of the biggest of my complaints that I entered into the survey. Customer service can be great at times but horrible at others. It should be good all the time. The other complaint was Quality Control or lack there of.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55
isnt this kind of thing why cbcs insures the comics. in case they damage it? its a shame. 1st daredevil appearance and signed by stan lee.

Im trying to figure out how that tear happened? if it was a corner. couldve been due to how it was place in slab and corner was weak. but that had to have been diliberate for that kind of tear (based on placement.) like someone tore it. no indication on the submission photo that such a pre exitisting problem.

get it regraded would be like a 0.5. unless you can find a replacement copy with a verified signature of stan lee from the money they owe you (again insured)

this makes me want to take photos of my upcoming submissions at their table when I do it next month. to be safe
Quote:

Post 20 IP   flag post
I have attempted to get a hold of anyone in customer service, on social media platform company sites , and here via email and there has been no answer , nothing! Not even an generic “we have received your email “ . It’s a shame because I wanted to utilize them more on other signature series books . This was only my second and probably last . At this point I guess I’m eating my submission cost plus I’m out the damage .
Post 21 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I have attempted to get a hold of anyone in customer service, on social media platform company sites , and here via email and there has been no answer , nothing! Not even an generic “we have received your email “ . It’s a shame because I wanted to utilize them more on other signature series books . This was only my second and probably last . At this point I guess I’m eating my submission cost plus I’m out the damage .

Hang in there....they will eventually respond....send a PM to @SteveRicketts with a link to this thread asking him to step in. Good luck!
Post 22 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
I could not find their Customer Service phone number on their website. They must have removed it or hidden it, but here it is (844) 384-4777. Good luck and don't give up. They will (maybe reluctantly) get back to you.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:

No you're not. You'll be compensated. Keep at it. They should be making claims like yours a priority. And I guarantee you a bunch of forum members like me are pissed off about how this happened and especially at CBCS's lack of response. There's only so much we can say on the forum without getting suspended.

Edit: It's actually only been 4 calendar days and 1 business day since you contacted them. I may have had a bit of an overreaction. Give it some more time.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Not even an generic “we have received your email “ .

If you haven't done so already, I'd suggest you check your spam folder. Sometimes their automated emails to me have ended up in my spam folder even though I look at every email from CBCS.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Well I waiting to see how this comes out before finish my submissions
Post 26 IP   flag post
Update….. Courtney from customer service replied to me and asked for info regarding a return label for a return to “see what they can do” 👍🏼
Post 27 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Update….. Courtney from customer service replied to me and asked for info regarding a return label for a return to “see what they can do” 👍🏼

thats something. unless they find another daredevil #1 signed by stan lee. they should either pay you a lot of money, or send a replacement better grade copy and another stan lee signed comic if they cant find one

cbcs makes mistakes but this is a crime. unless they rectify the issue in some way. this could warrant a lawsuit.
Post 28 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

thats something. unless they find another daredevil #1 signed by stan lee. they should either pay you a lot of money, or send a replacement better grade copy and another stan lee signed comic if they cant find one

cbcs makes mistakes but this is a crime. unless they rectify the issue in some way. this could warrant a lawsuit.

settle down....this is not a crime by any means...this is a possible outcome when handling/slabbing comics. Obviously, this is not an ideal situation but I guarantee this is addressed in CBCS's T&C and CBCS will act on their T&C.
Post 29 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:

settle down....this is not a crime by any means...this is a possible outcome when handling/slabbing comics. Obviously, this is not an ideal situation but I guarantee this is addressed in CBCS's T&C.

Agreed, and it sounds like the difference is between a 2.5 and something just a bit south of that.

That said, it indicates sloppiness across the board. The damage itself, completing the encapsulation, making it past final QC checks, etc.
Post 30 IP   flag post
597868 42 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?