Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeQuestions

G.I. Joe A Real American Hero #1 BAGGED19554

Collector DrJohnDisco private msg quote post Address this user
I had read on here that someone had came across some G.I. Joe #1 June 1982 that were in clear, sealed bags, no writing printed on the bags, but they did have a hole in the top of the sealed bag to be displayed on a peg. The one mentioned on here was from Target. I found my bagged issue at a local that has long since closed their doors. The only thing on my bagged issue was a plain orange price sticker, but no store ident.
My question is, is it possible that these bagged Direct Market #1 issues are more of a collector’s item simply because it is still in its original bag, or would it bring the same value as a regular DM issue?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Here's the archived post. Maybe this will help.

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/9149/gi-joe-1-bagged-from-target/
Post 2 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
My assumption would be it’s the exact same book. Unless the indicia provides a different print information. Personally I don’t like polybagged books; those bags get nasty and 80s- 90s bags have long exceeded life expectancy. Too each their own.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Im in the @HulkSmash camp with the bag deterioration.

I don't believe the bag adds any kind of premium at all, In fact I think it detracts from the book.

If Im a buyer of a Key book like GI Joe #1, My interest would be in the actual condition of the book itself without the bag.

If I owned bagged copies I would remove them from those dirty old bags and have them cleaned, pressed and Graded.
Post 4 IP   flag post
600893 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?