Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedQuestions

What are the smallest size comics CBCS grades?19487

Collector RareComics private msg quote post Address this user
I have looked all over the CBCS website and can't find a simple chart or description of what small size comics CBCS grades. Of course I could have missed it, as I mostly looked for something like "What size comics can CBCS grade?"

I did find details on maximum sizes, but not minimum sizes.

In the population report, CBCS has graded a Yankee 7 (about 5" x 7), and an Amazing Spider-Man vs the Prodigy (about the same 5x7, maybe a little smaller).

I also saw CBCS has graded some Cheerios Premiums (abt 2.75" x 7).

Does CBCS still grade those sizes (i.e., those sizes weren't discontinued for grading)?

If CBCS does still grades those sizes, does CBCS also grade all the other small size comics from about 2" x 2" up to normal comic size?

I know what CBCS can grade is limited by having the correct size "inner well."

Please let me know exactly what sizes can be graded. I would not want to send an obscure comic book in an unusual size, only to waste CBCS time, and eventually have the comic returned to me ungraded.
Thank you!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector radd76 private msg quote post Address this user
They do the inner well custom on smaller items is my understanding so as long as you aren’t over the max size you should be fine.

The competitor slabbed a tiny corner of an Action Comics #1 that later sold for $10,000. And I have had mini / Ashcan editions slabbed by CBCS.

Post 2 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Post 3 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Post 4 IP   flag post
Post 5 IP   flag post
Done
Post 6 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
For some of these it almost seems a card holder would make more sense.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
For some of these it almost seems a card holder would make more sense.
c
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
No minimum size; if it fits, it gets slabbed.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
how do they even grade tiny comics? with tweezers because they have to check each page
Post 10 IP   flag post
@RareComics
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector radd76 private msg quote post Address this user
@power_struggle55 you didn’t know Stuart Little works for CBCS… I mean what do you think he’s been doing all these years after the movies were done?

Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector SidTheSquid private msg quote post Address this user
Do you guys prefer comics to be centered in the holder or placed up high, near the label?
Post 13 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I got somewhat burned with my last small comic submission. The heat seal failed so the book broke out of the inner well and got damaged.

CBCS pressed and regraded it for free and threw in a nice store credit but it was still something of a bummer

Post 14 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
really there should be small slabs to accomidate small comics. not talking teeny bitty ones for the smallest but for like that spiderman 3 or normal width just small in height.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
They look horrible with all of that blank space in the slab.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite aww yuck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
They look horrible with all of that blank space in the slab.
I agree, but it does keep collection storage uniform.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Spaceguy private msg quote post Address this user
What are the smallest size comics CBCS grades?
I think I have the answer you're looking for-
1). The Atom
2). Ant-Man
3). Dollman
4). The Atom- Golden Age
Post 18 IP   flag post
600642 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?