Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeFor SaleRaw Comics For Sale

RIPPED...the Deuce!19480

CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
The Kickstarter signup for RIPPED #2 will begin as soon as the project gets approval.
I'll share the link here as soon as the signup is live.
I can't wait for everyone to read this issue! This story is about to get fun!

In the first issue, Gary Growler, a mild-mannered manager at Spiffy Jiffy cleaners, discovers he has superpowers. Powers he recklessly uses without proper training.

Gary must learn to control his powers if he wants to avenge the "Worlds Greatest Unique", Friendlyman, who was murdered by the mysterious , El Monte, the Master of Dim Mak.

Can Gary save Summerville from the chaos caused by the events that unfolded in our last issue? Can he become the hero he always wanted to be?
Heck... can he just gain the courage it takes to poop in a public restroom?

Stay tuned for these answers and MORE, when the Deuce Drops!

Until then, here's a preview of Cover A.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
The Deuce?

Can’t wait!
Post 2 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
The Deuce?

... is loose!!!

Post 3 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts there has been a teaser of Cover B as well as rumors of Cover C - any more surprises for us like hmmm...a sketch cover? Also, will there be 3 versions of each cover (base, holofoil, metal) in this Deuce-a-Paloosa Kickstarter round?

Just want to have some idea of how many boxes of mac & cheese I need to stock up on for the coming months...
Post 4 IP   flag post
@HAmistoso Good questions.

There will be three covers. My theory on variants is I want a base version, an homage variant of a popular cover that seemingly everyone else does, and an additional homage variant of a classic cover that has rarely, if ever been done before.

Each will have a base and a holofoil. There will probably be a third version but I'm not sure what I want to do yet. It may not be metal because those were expensive and took too long to get made. I'll make that decision when we get closer to launch. If I do metals they'll be more limited in the 3 to 5 copy range. I'm thinking about maybe a black & white option as well. I'm certainly open to suggestions.

I will also offer a limited number of first printing of #1 and may also offer a second printing if those sell out. We'll see closer to launch.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
The clown has no idea what's coming.

The answer is MANY boxes our good @HAmistoso, I have a feeling you're going to want to clean him out, but you better save one for me!
Post 6 IP   flag post

Post 7 IP   flag post
@figment Oh hell, I didn't even think of the conundrum @HAmistoso is about to be in.

Oh, yes. There will be many limited and very...expensive variants of one cover in particular. Oh, man! 🤣
Post 8 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
@figment Oh hell, I didn't even think of the conundrum @HAmistoso is about to be in.

Oh, yes. There will be many limited and very...expensive variants of one cover in particular. Oh, man! 🤣

The Mac & Cheese 1:100 Batman #49 homage cover for @HAmistoso
Post 9 IP   flag post

Post 10 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts Beavis & Butthead homage.. you won’t…

Post 11 IP   flag post
@HulkSmash it has been leaked Cover C features Tommy's Mom and been suggested it will be a homage variant of a classic cover that has rarely, if ever been done before. Hmmm...
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cli4dR3D0g
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts

The Mac & Cheese 1:100 Batman #49 homage cover for @HAmistoso

A targeted book at a targeted audience? Steve would never! I mean... would he? For that special price of only $199.95?!? The Mac & Cheese variant... Now THAT cracks me up!!!
Post 13 IP   flag post
@figment I already dared him on B&B. Triple Dog Dared; the mother of all dares! The dare to end all dares!

there’s no turning back; the ship has sailed; it’s set in stone; it’s finished; the rooster has crowed; the fat lady sang; the sun has set; we’re mopping up; the line has been drawn; it’s settled; it’s put to bed; we’re packing it up even.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Post 15 IP   flag post
Those Verne Troyer videos are awesome!
Post 16 IP   flag post
Also note, I am going to put in a "letters" page in Ripped #2. If you have questions or even comments about the first issue, email them to ripped@imaginationinx.com and you may see it in the pages of the Deuce.
Post 17 IP   flag post

Post 18 IP   flag post
@HAmistoso Thank you, sir. I appreciate it.
Post 19 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts
Happy bday
Post 20 IP   flag post
@Bronte Thank you!
Post 21 IP   flag post
Ripped #2.
Evil is in the air...

Post 22 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Do I see a little Bill Ward (illustrating Nanny Dickering) influence in that reporter? Or maybe it's just me.

Post 23 IP   flag post

Post 24 IP   flag post
I am going to be on a live creator podcast tonight at 8:30 central time. We'll be talking about comic variants and Kickstarter projects, if anyone is interested.
Here's a LINK

Post 25 IP   flag post
The pre-launch page is live! Please go to this page and sign up to get an email when the RIPPED #2 Kickstarter campaign launches! I am planning on a June 15th start!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iicomics/ripped-2-potty-training

The three cover variants will be revealed TOMORROW!
Post 26 IP   flag post
Welcome to the second issue of RIPPED!
The superhero comedy that will leave you gasping for air.

In the first issue, Gary Growler, a mild-mannered manager at Spiffy Jiffy cleaners, discovers he has superpowers. Powers he recklessly uses without proper training.

Gary must learn to control his powers if he wants to avenge the "Worlds Greatest Unique", Friendlyman, who was murdered by the mysterious , El Monte, the "Master of Dim Mak".

Can Gary save Summerville from the chaos caused by the events that unfolded in our last issue? Can he become the hero he always wanted to be?

Heck... can he just gain the courage it takes to poop in a public restroom?

Stay tuned for these answers and MORE, when the Deuce Drops!
Post 27 IP   flag post
Cover A

Post 28 IP   flag post
Cover B

Post 29 IP   flag post
Cover C

Post 30 IP   flag post
601196 157 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?