Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkFor SaleMemorabiliaMovies TelevisionPop Culture

Beavis and Butthead #1 Legends & Lore Signed Slipcase Ed. + Rick Parker OA19469

Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Available for purchase on this board only:

BEAVIS AND BUTTHEAD #1 LEGENDS AND LORE SIGNED EDITION WITH SLIPCASE & COMPLIMENTARY ORIGINAL ART RICK PARKER SKETCH

$90 shipped via USPS Priority within the US

Post “claim” or “I’ll take it” to reserve the set, first to do so gets it.

Shipping in a cardboard box via USPS PRIORITY is included.

Int’l shipping would be at cost, package weight will be 1 pound and 12 ounces (shipping from zip code 08035) , at cost minus a $15 credit but I can only accept Zelle from an int’l buyer, in US funds.

Int’l shipping options are USPS First Class International (plus $5 insurance) or USPS Priority (insurance included).

Slipcase with bagged & boarded sketch will ship in a polybag bag on a sheet of thick cardboard, bubble wrapped in a box.

I will include a SA/GA Mylite2 and a SA/Standard Mylite2, placed in a separate magazine size polybag for display purposes.

No flimsy envelopes.

Payments accepted are check, money order or Zelle.

Book appears to be NM, slipcase is still sealed at the top. The circular sticker looks like the previous owner may have opened the slipcase once or started to open it and decided not to- the sticker is still tightly attached and I have no desire to break the seal, so to speak.

Slipcase is free of tears, bends, dents etc…if I had to grade the slipcase itself, I guess it’d be “VF/NM 9.0 Or Better”

Rick Parker sketch of Beavis is in black sharpie on a backing board….. the previous owner had Parker draw the sketch at a comic convention (or a store signing, I can’t remember which) back in the 1990’s.

I bought this on eBay about a year and a half ago from a seller who titled the listing incorrectly and I was the only bidder at IIRC, $9.99 + priority shipping.

5.000 were made, they don’t pop up on eBay often.

I haven’t removed the comic from the slipcase, nor have I removed the backing board sketch from its bag & board.

IIRC, the last one of these sold at $125+ a few months ago from a mycomicshop consignor,around the time the movie premiered on Paramount + (minus the Parker sketch)…….may be able to find a precise sale or 2 on watchcount.com or pricetracking.com if you look, I am not bothering with researching sales that much.

Linked below is another slipcase copy for reference, without the original art sketch by Rick Parker, that my signed copy with the slipcase will be included with:

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ivitems=55711377#55711380

Post 1 IP   flag post
Forgot to add:

Set will ship within 2 business days of receiving payment, I won’t wait for a check to clear- this isn’t a large sum of money.

Returns accepted within 14 days of receipt of delivery, buyer responsible for return shipping cost and set must be in same condition as pictured above.

I have had 1 sale on this board about a year ago @multi007 bought a slab from me and can attest to how anal retentive my packaging is, I don’t cut corners.

My eBay seller feedback is 100% positive since 2014:

https://www.ebay.com/usr/polaris_nuclear_submarine2020
Post 2 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicHoarder
Forgot to add:

Set will ship within 2 business days of receiving payment, I won’t wait for a check to clear- this isn’t a large sum of money.

Returns accepted within 14 days of receipt of delivery, buyer responsible for return shipping cost and set must be in same condition as pictured above.

I have had 1 sale on this board about a year ago @multi007 bought a slab from me and can attest to how anal retentive my packaging is, I don’t cut corners.

I can confirm ComicHorder. He shipped my book in bomb proof packing. 👍. But I’ve bought 2 books from him, not just one. You didn’t know but I picked up that Defender 84 book from MCS 😁. Lol
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicHoarder
Forgot to add:

I can confirm ComicHorder. He shipped my book in bomb proof packing. 👍. But I’ve bought 2 books from him, not just one. You didn’t know but I picked up that Defender 84 book from MCS 😁. Lol

Thanks, and yeah- I had no idea that you got the Defenders MJ variant.

Curious how it looks in hand and what do you think a press will bring it up to?

I bought it directly from MCS for (on the cheap) and had it held for consignment so I have never had that book in hand.

It looked like it was probably an 8.5 going off the FC scan, assuming the BC condition mirrored the FC’s condition.

There’s a fugly CGC 7.5 on eBay but it’s overpriced imo.

It probably is worth slabbing,IIRC I recall thinking it would pull a 9.0/9.2 pressed, if no surprise like a corner crease on the BC.

The spike in demand for that book is much less than it was before the last BP movie came out so I just flipped it as is.

But I hope you press it and pull a 9.2 on it
Post 4 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@ComicHoarder it looks good. Here are some better photos for you. Only minor thing I can see is a manufacturing crease. (See pic)

When I get a free moment, I’m gonna take a white eraser to the borders try to do some self cleaning. Then I’m sending it off to Avery for a good cleaning and press. I might actually keep it for my own. This is literally the only book I’ve ever owned with a Mark Jewelers Insert. Thanks for putting it up for sale.

As for grading it, Ive come to the conclusion that I suck at self grading. I bought a raw Ms Marvel #1 off ebay - advertised as NM. I looked at photos - asked for more - he sent me more photos. I said "Ok a solid 9.0 at the least". Bought it. Just got it back from grading - it got a 7.0. Only comment was "staple detached bottom staple". It looks nice too. I guess a staple detached gets a big hit like that... OH well. Win some lose some. Putting up for sale if anyone wants it. No need for a 7.0. Asking $55 free ship to USA addresses, add $10 to ship to Canada ($65).. If no takers - going on ebay for one penny...

https://www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/4236068001/

Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
@ComicHoarder it looks good. Here are some better photos for you. Only minor thing I can see is a manufacturing crease. (See pic)

When I get a free moment, I’m gonna take a white eraser to the borders try to do some self cleaning. Then I’m sending it off to Avery for a good cleaning and press. I might actually keep it for my own. This is literally the only book I’ve ever owned with a Mark Jewelers Insert. Thanks for putting it up for sale.

As for grading it, Ive come to the conclusion that I suck at self grading. I bought a raw Ms Marvel #1 off ebay - advertised as NM. I looked at photos - asked for more - he sent me more photos. I said "Ok a solid 9.0 at the least". Bought it. Just got it back from grading - it got a 7.0. Only comment was "staple detached bottom staple". It looks nice too. I guess a staple detached gets a big hit like that... OH well. Win some lose some. Putting up for sale if anyone wants it. No need for a 7.0. Asking $55 free ship to USA addresses, add $10 to ship to Canada ($65).. If no takers - going on ebay for one penny...

https://www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/4236068001/

I would not dry clean this spine with an eraser intil after the book is pressed; there is a slight stacking curl on the front of the covers spine- pretty much impossible to apply pressure to the BC along the spine without causing spine tics, even if 2 boards or a board and sheets of copy are placed in the interior to protect the spine.

The production crease you pointed out won’t affect the grade, once dry cleaned and pressed, I’d expect an 8.5- maybe a 9.0.

A presser should dry clean the book properly, the only (eraser with pressure) dry cleaning I do on books prior to pressing is areas away from the spine.

That said, I have gotten 9.8’s on copper books that had stacking dirt along the length of the spine- but not to the degree of stacking dirt on this BC’s spine.

That said, the BC spine area should only be lightly dry cleaned post pressing.

Your presser should do that for you.

Far as your grading skills go …not sure how you thought that Ms Marvel 1 could pull a 9.0 with a popped staple??!??

But yeah, pop it on eBay at a BIN/best offer at a conservative price, the movie is coming out in November you’ll get 75 + shipping on it pretty easily via BIN.

Personally, I would put it out at media mail in a box for $5 shipping or priority shipping at $10 as the 2nd shipping option- figure media and a box/ bubble wrap will cost you $5, cheap slabs should not be sent via priority unless the buyer opts for that, as that eats into margins too much.

That, or send it to MCS with your next batch of consignments- they only charge $6.60 for shipping a slab on eBay via regular shipping.

That puts $10 into your profit margin off the bat, over priority shipping.
Post 6 IP   flag post
598062 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?