CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature VSP

VSP: $10 off 4/19-5/319468

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Must be shipped by 5/10

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Element_Lad private msg quote post Address this user
And again I just shipped out a box today that would have benefited from this.
Post 2 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Nice! I have a few books with sigs that I'd like to get verified.
Post 3 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I need magazines with this coupon. Any idea what would happen if I mail it in as is with coupon?

I know some folks are playing guinea pig. Do you think they will put book aside to encapsulate when they are available?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Ryan4421 private msg quote post Address this user
If I have books in a slab from another company, does CBCS need to take it out to pre-screen for VSP? Basically, if they don't want to authenticate then I'd want to just keep it in the existing slab...is that possible?

<Image removed>
Post 5 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Ryan4421 I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic with your post or not, but please don't send that to CBCS. It's not a 9.6, EGS isn't a credible grading company or signature authenticator, and you'd be spending a bunch of money to be disappointed. I'm not sure what's going on in the bottom left but it looks more like a 4-5 grade.
Post 6 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Ryan4421

Do the Beckett pre screen for verification.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Ryan4421 You will want to remove the image since CBCS only allows pictures of CBCS or CGC graded books.

To your question: I do believe they would normally check the signature before cracking the book open, just be sure “Do not encapsulate if verification fails” is appropriately checked
Post 8 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
To clarify, the promo is not $10 off of a VSP comic. It is $10 off EVERY VSP signature, even if it's on the same book.
Quite a savings for people with books signed by a lot of different people.

Just know that when you do the invoice the code will only apply $10 off on the book. It is a limitation on our backend system. We will honor the $10 off for every signature when the order is received.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@SteveRicketts

Aby word on magazine grading?
Post 10 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Ryan4421 I have to agree with @flanders. That book wouldn't be a 9.6 if it was a goldenage book....as a modern book it's closer to a 4/5 for sure.

If you want accuracy, send it in but brace yourself for the possible results.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@SteveRicketts

Aby word on magazine grading?

Yes.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@SteveRicketts

Thanks. I'll be sending in a few then.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@Bronte Sorry, I had to do it. lol

Yes, expect something official to be announced very, very, very soon.
Sorry I can't say any more than that. I've been sworn to secrecy.

I'm not good at secrecy. lol
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
To clarify, the promo is not $10 off of a VSP comic. It is $10 off EVERY VSP signature, even if it's on the same book.

Just know that when you do the invoice the code will only apply $10 off on the book. It is a limitation on our backend system. We will honor the $10 off for every signature when the order is received.

Wow! This might be my best chance to get those 4+ signature books crossed over!

Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Ryan4421 private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders @GAC I was just showing an example of what I was asking about. I appreciate everyone's inputs and I only give credibility to respected grading companies. I have zero faith in EGS or the grade on that book...in fact it feels like an uncertified signature inside a nice case really. I just picked it up because it does look legit and it was a unique item. Hopefully it is real and I can see it in a respected slab. If it doesn't pass certification then I'm happy to keep it in its current case..I know it isn't perfect.
Post 16 IP   flag post
@Ryan4421

https://www.beckett-authentication.com/services/signature-review
Post 17 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite It really is a good deal for multi-sig books. They told me the promo a few weeks ago in a meeting and I immediately thought of the customers with large numbers of signatures on books. I can't imagine ever offering a better deal than this one. It's solid.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Element_Lad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

@SteveRicketts good to know. Thank you.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Good to know, cause I just put in an order with 3 VSP books and when I put the code in it only showed $10 off total, not $30.

Quote:

Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector SidTheSquid private msg quote post Address this user
Is this good for "Slab Only" submissions? Or are $8 slabs just wishful thinking? ;P
Post 21 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite I haven't done signature verification before, only witnessed sigs.
How much is the normal rate before the 10.00 off promo?
Post 22 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
I just saw 30.00 for the 1st signature and 25.00 for each additional sig.
So with 10.00 off would be 20.00 for the 1st & 15.00 for each additional sig.
4 signatures would be 20.00 + 45.00 = 65.00 plus grade fee, is that about right?
Post 23 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte - Send the magazines under a separate submission number than and standard comics.
Post 24 IP   flag post
@Scifinator

I'm going to try and wait to last minute to see if magazines officially pop up. The last thing I need is for the books to be returned ungraded and verified.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
I just saw 30.00 for the 1st signature and 25.00 for each additional sig.
So with 10.00 off would be 20.00 for the 1st & 15.00 for each additional sig.
4 signatures would be 20.00 + 45.00 = 65.00 plus grade fee, is that about right?

Correct
Post 26 IP   flag post
@Nearmint67 That sounds correct to me
Post 27 IP   flag post
@Bronte - FYI, I sent in a Mag submission at the end of March. As referenced in my DM, it got accepted and correctly re-invoiced. I would only wait if you think that they may offer a grading special before 5/3. Otherwise, their may be a rush of VSP's ahead of you.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
I have several Bernie’s and Len’s; this VSP coupon is a wonderful thing!
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector enaz13 private msg quote post Address this user
Has any one else tried the coupon? I had 4 VSP comics and when added the promo code only took $10 off...think it would get corrected later or is it not working correctly?
Post 30 IP   flag post
600848 107 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?