CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature VSP

VSP: $10 off 4/19-5/319468

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Must be shipped by 5/10


Post 1 • IP   flag post
Collector Element_Lad private msg quote post Address this user
And again I just shipped out a box today that would have benefited from this.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Nice! I have a few books with sigs that I'd like to get verified.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
I have a problem with fattening women up. Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I need magazines with this coupon. Any idea what would happen if I mail it in as is with coupon?

I know some folks are playing guinea pig. Do you think they will put book aside to encapsulate when they are available?
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Collector Ryan4421 private msg quote post Address this user
If I have books in a slab from another company, does CBCS need to take it out to pre-screen for VSP? Basically, if they don't want to authenticate then I'd want to just keep it in the existing slab...is that possible?

<Image removed>
Post 5 • IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Ryan4421 I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic with your post or not, but please don't send that to CBCS. It's not a 9.6, EGS isn't a credible grading company or signature authenticator, and you'd be spending a bunch of money to be disappointed. I'm not sure what's going on in the bottom left but it looks more like a 4-5 grade.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
I have a problem with fattening women up. Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Ryan4421

Do the Beckett pre screen for verification.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Ryan4421 You will want to remove the image since CBCS only allows pictures of CBCS or CGC graded books.

To your question: I do believe they would normally check the signature before cracking the book open, just be sure “Do not encapsulate if verification fails” is appropriately checked
Post 8 • IP   flag post
CBCS Head Grader SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
To clarify, the promo is not $10 off of a VSP comic. It is $10 off EVERY VSP signature, even if it's on the same book.
Quite a savings for people with books signed by a lot of different people.

Just know that when you do the invoice the code will only apply $10 off on the book. It is a limitation on our backend system. We will honor the $10 off for every signature when the order is received.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
I have a problem with fattening women up. Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts

Aby word on magazine grading?
Post 10 • IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Ryan4421 I have to agree with @flanders. That book wouldn't be a 9.6 if it was a goldenage book....as a modern book it's closer to a 4/5 for sure.

If you want accuracy, send it in but brace yourself for the possible results.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
CBCS Head Grader SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@SteveRicketts

Aby word on magazine grading?


Yes.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
I have a problem with fattening women up. Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts

Thanks. I'll be sending in a few then.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
CBCS Head Grader SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte Sorry, I had to do it. lol

Yes, expect something official to be announced very, very, very soon.
Sorry I can't say any more than that. I've been sworn to secrecy.

I'm not good at secrecy. lol
Post 14 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
To clarify, the promo is not $10 off of a VSP comic. It is $10 off EVERY VSP signature, even if it's on the same book.
Quite a savings for people with books signed by a lot of different people.

Just know that when you do the invoice the code will only apply $10 off on the book. It is a limitation on our backend system. We will honor the $10 off for every signature when the order is received.


Wow! This might be my best chance to get those 4+ signature books crossed over!




Post 15 • IP   flag post
Collector Ryan4421 private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders @GAC I was just showing an example of what I was asking about. I appreciate everyone's inputs and I only give credibility to respected grading companies. I have zero faith in EGS or the grade on that book...in fact it feels like an uncertified signature inside a nice case really. I just picked it up because it does look legit and it was a unique item. Hopefully it is real and I can see it in a respected slab. If it doesn't pass certification then I'm happy to keep it in its current case..I know it isn't perfect.
Post 16 • IP   flag post
I have a problem with fattening women up. Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Ryan4421

https://www.beckett-authentication.com/services/signature-review
Post 17 • IP   flag post
CBCS Head Grader SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite It really is a good deal for multi-sig books. They told me the promo a few weeks ago in a meeting and I immediately thought of the customers with large numbers of signatures on books. I can't imagine ever offering a better deal than this one. It's solid.
Post 18 • IP   flag post
Collector Element_Lad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
To clarify, the promo is not $10 off of a VSP comic. It is $10 off EVERY VSP signature, even if it's on the same book.
Quite a savings for people with books signed by a lot of different people.

Just know that when you do the invoice the code will only apply $10 off on the book. It is a limitation on our backend system. We will honor the $10 off for every signature when the order is received.


@SteveRicketts good to know. Thank you.
Post 19 • IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Good to know, cause I just put in an order with 3 VSP books and when I put the code in it only showed $10 off total, not $30.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
To clarify, the promo is not $10 off of a VSP comic. It is $10 off EVERY VSP signature, even if it's on the same book.
Quite a savings for people with books signed by a lot of different people.

Just know that when you do the invoice the code will only apply $10 off on the book. It is a limitation on our backend system. We will honor the $10 off for every signature when the order is received.
Post 20 • IP   flag post
Collector SidTheSquid private msg quote post Address this user
Is this good for "Slab Only" submissions? Or are $8 slabs just wishful thinking? ;P
Post 21 • IP   flag post
It gets old smelling it everytime I go outside my door. Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite I haven't done signature verification before, only witnessed sigs.
How much is the normal rate before the 10.00 off promo?
Post 22 • IP   flag post
It gets old smelling it everytime I go outside my door. Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
I just saw 30.00 for the 1st signature and 25.00 for each additional sig.
So with 10.00 off would be 20.00 for the 1st & 15.00 for each additional sig.
4 signatures would be 20.00 + 45.00 = 65.00 plus grade fee, is that about right?
Post 23 • IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte - Send the magazines under a separate submission number than and standard comics.
Post 24 • IP   flag post
I have a problem with fattening women up. Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator


I'm going to try and wait to last minute to see if magazines officially pop up. The last thing I need is for the books to be returned ungraded and verified.
Post 25 • IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
I just saw 30.00 for the 1st signature and 25.00 for each additional sig.
So with 10.00 off would be 20.00 for the 1st & 15.00 for each additional sig.
4 signatures would be 20.00 + 45.00 = 65.00 plus grade fee, is that about right?


Correct
Post 26 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Nearmint67 That sounds correct to me
Post 27 • IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte - FYI, I sent in a Mag submission at the end of March. As referenced in my DM, it got accepted and correctly re-invoiced. I would only wait if you think that they may offer a grading special before 5/3. Otherwise, their may be a rush of VSP's ahead of you.
Post 28 • IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
I have several Bernie’s and Len’s; this VSP coupon is a wonderful thing!
Post 29 • IP   flag post
Collector enaz13 private msg quote post Address this user
Has any one else tried the coupon? I had 4 VSP comics and when added the promo code only took $10 off...think it would get corrected later or is it not working correctly?
Post 30 • IP   flag post
657131 107 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?