Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Man I have a whole stack of romance comics that someone can have once I find them...
Post 76 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@MutantMania
I'll pay shipping. =)
Post 77 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
I've cleaned out all dealers in the Northwest of romance books, even Hawaii where a shop had put some aside from a collection waiting for me to holiday there again to pick them up. Like this

Post 78 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector Surf75 private msg quote post Address this user

Damn marker on the cover but some sweet Rolling Stone action inside.
Post 80 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
I think these are the last of my few.

Sweet, really nice copies as well. Nearing end of the run books here. This one here is extra for me, #weddingdresses, hadn't ever seen it before. Great, now I'm gonna have to find one.šŸ¤Ø
Post 81 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Surf75 - send me a PM if you are interested.
Post 82 IP   flag post
I collect any Karen covers.

Post 83 IP   flag post

Love the handful of big block Young Love's.
Post 84 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

That's a King Karen there... very cool. Now that I think about it, I have Kirby's from bout every phase. Crime, Marvel capes, DC 4th world capes on down to Topps and Silver Star. No romance though.
Post 85 IP   flag post

Post 86 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania
Man I have a whole stack of romance comics that someone can have once I find them...

Iā€™ll buy them all at fair prices, just shoot me a DM whenever you find them.

Or Iā€™ll trade you for them, I have about 30 short boxes of silver thru copper books and about 40 CGC and CBCS slabs available for sale/trade.

Hereā€™s a stack of slabs I have at hands reach in my guest/storageroom ( actually took a few pics but I have to load each individually so I stopped but yeah, just DM me when you find your romance books

Ten n Stimpy 9.8 newsstandā€¦ā€¦

Killing Joke 3rd print UK newsstand not a book youā€™ll see on eBay.

50ā€™s war , PCH (have a decent amount of 50ā€™s war books (75-100) in raw and maybe 20 raw PCH and 1 PCH slabā€¦.

Just a small exampleā€¦..

m and a couple raws I have lying out (had a sheet of copy paper over each to keep dust off them) to be dry cleaned and pressed šŸ¤·šŸ»

Post 87 IP   flag post
Quote:

Just curious why?

Is your name Karen or your significant otherā€™s name Karen?

Or is it based on the ā€œKaren memeā€™sā€ that started circulating on the internet a couple years back?

I love collecting romance books, across the board.

Most silver/bronze romance books can be found cheaply- some not so cheaply and are tough to find, at all

But if you do the leg work, which is very time consuming, I have found that most SA/BA books are indeed out there, waiting to be picked up at decent prices.

I gravitate towards Romita and Pike covers, but there are a handful of other under appreciated SA romance era artists who deserve much more recognition than they receive.
Post 88 IP   flag post
Quote:
I've cleaned out all dealers in the Northwest of romance books, even Hawaii where a shop had put some aside from a collection waiting for me to holiday there again to pick them up. Like this

Same here, but the northeast.

Over the past 2 years,I have switched more over to 40ā€™s-70ā€™s romance as my rabid collecting focus.

For the 2 yearā€™s previous to that, I relegated my main focus towards DC Universe logo variant books, Timely & Atlas western books and 50ā€™s war books.

I still hunt them down but switching my main focus up every 2 years or so is more fulfilling.

Timely western keys are a MFā€™er to find, hereā€™s one I finally scored for a song off eBay a couple months back.

A 1.0 or 1.5 copy popped up in my mycomicshop want list last month, it sold within the first hour or so of it being listed at the asking price at $150 or so.

About the same grade as my copy.

I think itā€™s just a matter of time until Marvel , and the MCU films, start rebooting their 1940ā€™s-50ā€™s western characters- as well as Matt Hawk- Gun Kid 60, which is a book that has already become pretty pricey and if you get lucky, you can get a raw beater for $75-100 but thatā€™s unusual.

The title was mislisted, and it was an auction. IIRC, the starting bid was $19.99.

I was the only bidder,

Post 89 IP   flag post

Post 90 IP   flag post

The Charlton nurse books are my #1 jams. Betsy Crane, Cindy Doyle šŸ”„, even the flying ones. Wasn't a great deal of them on the DC side.
Post 91 IP   flag post
Collector CoryC private msg quote post Address this user

this is a romance issue in my mind all day lol.
Post 92 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Arrived today. I know, I know ... I already have one. But c'mon, can a guy really have too many spanking covers?

Post 93 IP   flag post

Post 94 IP   flag post

Post 95 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
I have a love/hate relationship with Romance comics writing. The endings are often predictable, just so many bad decisions, like my grandmotherā€™s soaps. Yes, I watched the whole Luke & Laura saga, even the amnesia story arc šŸ«£

In general, I do like the humor and the artwork. It is good for the variety and breaks up the action stories.

Here are a couple of Bakerā€™s and Millie when the title became a romantic adventure series with all the same characters (#113ā€“153). Millie was a Humor book with Romance sandwiched in between.

Post 96 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Been doing a little research on the Harvey romance books lately. I was surprised to learn that Harvey did use female writers and editors for the romance titles. It definitely speaks to the pre-womenā€™s lib culture of the 1950s with regards to the portrayal of the role of women in society.

Post 97 IP   flag post

Post 98 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user

Post 99 IP   flag post

Post 100 IP   flag post

Post 101 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross nice!

Here's a few of recent pickups...

Post 102 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user

Post 103 IP   flag post

Post 104 IP   flag post
Quote:

My mans white fit though.šŸ”„šŸ˜…
Post 105 IP   flag post
601257 137 30