Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@ComicHoarder There's a few copies of this book as I'm lead to believe a warehouse was found that had a few uncirculated copies of this book.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
This is the only real Romance Comic I have left from the 1950’s. The one I regret parting with was a copy of Diary Secrets #29 with a Matt Baker cover.

Post 27 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Surf75 private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross I was thinking the same thing. Couldn't believe there wasn't one. I've been on them tough for several years now. That and GA Crime but they are not found as easy or affordable as the Romance. Still that doesn't mean they havent heated up nicely last 8 years or so.

This was the first one I got. The Romance titles were the first comic titles to put African-Americans on the covers, rarely out front like this one but usually as a couple in background. Lobo was 1965 and they followed in tne early 1970's. This Young Romance is '73. Luke Cage was '72.

Also into the Nurse books, the Charlton titles, the Romita's on the Marvel side, DC went into the late 70's with theirs as did Charlton, several of those. Wedding dresses yes, oddly enough, the weird ones lol. Got a couple Neal Adams, not really into the photo covers but I have a couple. Some GA when I find them, No King Romance books though, crime yes but none of his Romance. And Baker's are out of my orbit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
The stories and advice were funny and sometimes a little disturbing. Not as much as a letter I found in a 70s book that I'll eventually show.

This. Most of the stories were basic but the fraction of them I've read can be hilarious.

Quote:
As long as the books don't have baker covers and are not deemed as iconic covers. They are cheap and have very little information about a lot of the issues as they are not highly sort after.

Ha, there are a bunch of those though.
Post 29 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Extremely difficult book to find in high grade, but then I guess they all are from the GA. "Cinderella Love" #10(#1) 1950.

Post 30 IP   flag post

Owned this less than 2 weeks. First of the DC takeovers from Prize. Usually like 'em a little nicer than this but it was a steal and I wouldn't have ran into it again anytime soon.

Post 31 IP   flag post
Wedding dresses. This one has Sekowsky and Gil Kane pencils, 1956.

Post 32 IP   flag post

Post 33 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01

Wow!

Great book.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

There is an even harder to find follow up to this book. True Life Secrets 25. I have a high grade 23, but have yet to track down a 25.

Romance comics are not a main focus of my collecting, but I have started to appreciate them more the last couple of years.

Post 35 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I purchased these from one of Mike Royer's garage sales.

Post 36 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 37 IP   flag post
#34(#1)Rarely see this one.

Post 38 IP   flag post
There is an even harder to find follow up to this book. True Life Secrets 25. I have a high grade 23, but have yet to track down a 25.

Romance comics are not a main focus of my collecting, but I have started to appreciate them more the last couple of years.

If there's a Mt. Rushmore of Romance True Life 23 is definitely there. I've never seen this 25 here. Thank you. There are a handful of anti-Romance Romance covers lol.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
I purchased these from one of Mike Royer's garage sales.

Yes. The master. They re-used the cover for that My Love 2 for an Our Love story down the line, I have that one. These are pretty sought after no doubt. That Mary Jane prototype is definitely on my list, very nice.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAmistoso

Sick. Baker's batting average for books you could just stare at is highest in the field.
Post 41 IP   flag post

My only Demetrio.
Post 42 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos

This books just sold yesterday.

Guessing it is someone who saw it in this thread.
Post 43 IP   flag post

This issue had a very disturbing letter published in the advice page.

And the reply.

Post 44 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 45 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Here's a few of mine.

Post 46 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
And a few more.

Stan Lee File Copy

Post 47 IP   flag post

Colletta
Post 48 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
He's 34 and she's 12? Icky!
Post 49 IP   flag post

Post 50 IP   flag post
Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
Not particularly valuable, but the highest graded copy I think.

Post 51 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
My first name is not Jonnie ... but I am a superstar.

Post 52 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 53 IP   flag post

Gonna have to find an upgrade at some point but she'll do.
Post 54 IP   flag post

Don't quite remember if this is the reused or the OG, but babe in the back makes it for me.
Post 55 IP   flag post
600737 137 30