Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Out of curiosity, what book do you find yourself stumbling upon most often?19457

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
What key issue do you find most frequently? Either in the wild, or when buying collections?

Not a huge book, but I find ASM 361 pretty often.
Post 1 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Those freakin' death of superman issues. No matter where I go or where I am I find those damn books. And that white polybag superman issue is like a cockroach in manhattan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
I see a lot of ASM 361, but I keep bumping into GL 2, JLA 10 & 12, and FF 26.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
All variants of X-men 1 (1992)
Batman 497

If only there were ASM 361s
Post 4 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Death of Superman black polybag by far the most..however 1 of them was the Platinum version which I sold

New Mutants 98
Shazam 1
Spawn 1
Uncanny X-Men 282
Just off the top of my head
Post 5 IP   flag post
@Nuffsaid111 I feel ya there. And not even the black bag version, most of the time.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
For me, mostly books I don't want.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Those freakin' death of superman issues. No matter where I go or where I am I find those damn books. And that white polybag superman issue is like a cockroach in manhattan

i know what you mean. people thought those would become investment comics. But when everyone has with a large run of copies and only a few months later he was brought back. they are worthless. I know there was a very limited edition platnum variant (like a few hundred made) but I feel adventures of superman #500 (his return) has more value as its first appearance of Superboy, Steel and Cyborg Superman (well first as the character)...all recent pillars in superman lore.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@power_struggle55 I thought the platinum “death of” had a print run of 10,000? I could be wrong. Still far less than the other versions.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
@power_struggle55 I thought the platinum “death of” had a print run of 10,000? I could be wrong. Still far less than the other versions.

you are right. thought a much lesser run
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Jgwalters100 private msg quote post Address this user
Xmen 2099 I have 5 of them. Got them for a dollar each. Every comic store I go to I find them.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55
I feel adventures of superman #500 (his return) has more value as its first appearance of Superboy, Steel and Cyborg Superman (well first as the character)...all recent pillars in superman lore.

I've honestly been to garage sales where there are stacks and stacks being offered for a $0.25 each. Not an exaggeration. I just leave them there as I don't even want to bother putting them in my car and having the grief of having to get rid of them while occupying space in a box.
Post 12 IP   flag post
598065 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?