Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Auction Wins - Post em here1942

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
This thread is for books won in the Comic Link an Comic Connect auctions ending this week.

Here are my wins from the last two days at Comic Connect:

Post 1 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Nice! Well at least now I know who I was getting out-bid by.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Here are the rest for now:

Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector DertyComix private msg quote post Address this user
Is that the miss print of the Edge of Spider-verse?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DertyComix
Is that the miss print of the Edge of Spider-verse?

No, just the regular issue with the first appearance unless you see something that I don't.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I think it might, but not to sure the back ground on the miss print was all black, when it got recalled they changed the back ground to a lighter shade.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
I think it might, but not to sure the back ground on the miss print was all black, when it got recalled they changed the back ground to a lighter shade.

I think it is the misprint, check the link out:

clickable text

Misprint vs Regular in picture below

Post 7 IP   flag post
Thats what i thought, they are very rare. You got a good find on that one. Ive been looking for a raw one my self.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Thats what i thought, they are very rare. You got a good find on that one. Ive been looking for a raw one my self.

GPA has prices for the regular cover and for the variant but does not separate the misprint. Ebay doesn't have any listings for the misprint either. I will have to do my homework to figure out what it is worth.

Thank's for the heads up.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Last time i saw a missprint on ebay they wanted a pretty penny.
Post 10 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

One of a kind d here? If you can tele anything about it, that would be great. Won it. No one knows anything about it. Year? Publisher? Etc?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01

One of a kind d here? If you can tele anything about it, that would be great. Won it. No one knows anything about it. Year? Publisher? Etc?

The back cover says "Published in London by Polytint".
We have never used cents in England so it was possibly for the Canadian, South African or more likely Australian market, but this is purely conjecture on my part.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector rckstr1253 private msg quote post Address this user
That EOS is definitely the black error print. I have 3 myself....so I am sure of it. What is wrong with the bottom right hand corner though? I don't mean to sound rude but it looks like the corner is damaged so how did it get a 9.8?
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstr1253
That EOS is definitely the black error print. I have 3 myself....so I am sure of it. What is wrong with the bottom right hand corner though? I don't mean to sound rude but it looks like the corner is damaged so how did it get a 9.8?

I don't have the book in hand so I do not know what is going on with the corner. Weird.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector rckstr1253 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:

I don't have the book in hand so I do not know what is going on with the corner. Weird.

Looks like its damaged.....kinda like it was nibbled on
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshade
Quote:

The back cover says "Published in London by Polytint".
We have never used cents in England so it was possibly for the Canadian, South African or more likely Australian market, but this is purely conjecture on my part.

Quote:

Just found this:Found this : http://www.pbagalleries.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/157/lot/43529/Ten-Children-s-Painting-Books-with-paint
Post 16 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
@Redshade well that's cool. Atleast I know it was 1950 and atleast I have the number one. Now I need to track down a number two from that lot. Thanks
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Redshade well that's cool. Atleast I know it was 1950 and atleast I have the number one. Now I need to track down a number two from that lot. Thanks

...and the magic paints!
Post 18 IP   flag post
@poka the paint is in the I side cover already. You just add water
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
To try - or not to try - ether the magic paints works after all these years - that is the question - 😎
Post 20 IP   flag post
@poka no try. Going to see if it can be graded
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:

Looks like its damaged.....kinda like it was nibbled on

Perhaps CGC should start to give their graders two bowls of gruel at meal time.
Post 22 IP   flag post

Post 23 IP   flag post
601212 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?