Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Silver AgeFor SaleGrading Help Needed

Need some guidance here.19376

Collector MikeyLee26 private msg quote post Address this user
Not experienced in comic marketplace. Help me not get ripped off here. Had these for a while time for them to find a home

Post 1 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
id first give better photos of each comic so experienced people can give a rough estimate on grade which helps with value. though that tales of suspense despite being a huge key would have a very low grade due to missing part of cover
Post 2 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@MikeyLee26 What exactly is it that you are asking for?
Post 3 IP   flag post
ok great advice. I have no expectations of value or grading. will a front and back pic in good light be sufficient? and it's a shame on the TOS because all other aspects are very high quality
Post 4 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@MikeyLee26
Welcome to the forum!
Post 5 IP   flag post

Post 6 IP   flag post

Post 7 IP   flag post

Post 8 IP   flag post

Post 9 IP   flag post

Post 10 IP   flag post
Hope those are better. Ide like to know what they could be generally graded for. I'm trying to find them a better home. They should be seen and and displayed, appreciated
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector grapeape private msg quote post Address this user
ST 108 maybe a 7.5 beautiful $400-$600
TTA 42 maybe a 4.5-5.0 $300
Action 342 maybe a 5.5-6.0 $60
SPJO 37 maybe 4.0 $30
TOS 39 maybe 1.5-2.0 what a shame looks like a box cutter was used.... approximately $3,000-$4,000 if no restoration I don't like the look of the tear or weird color break above the S to top of cover....

These are simply approximations especially the values.... market has cooled lately.

I would get the Strange Tales, TOS and TTA graded but not the action or the Jimmy Olsen.They will all find a good home and you will make a little money:-)
Post 12 IP   flag post
wow. grapeape what a thorough and detailed reply. very thankful. I'm currently talking to a couple guys about a sale so this is great to know. These oldies should be appreciated. THANK YOU
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Iā€™d recommend getting the Tales of Suspense 39 graded before selling.

Even at 1.0, you would make more selling it graded.

The others you could sell ungraded.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I was never into comic book collecting. I've always enjoyed the stories and characters. In the process of getting knowledge of these few I got, I've learned what an incredible community this is Y'all are some really great people seriously. Before the movies came out i was a big IronMan fan so having his first appearance is pretty cool. But they should be with a real fan.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
ive seen far worst grades and covers than you TOS. be graded (heck seen without cover). get it graded. the others. will help with value. but tos as grapeape said. its still worth thousands.
Post 16 IP   flag post
hey guys update: Sold all 5! Give me your guesses!!!
Post 17 IP   flag post
ST 108 $480
TTA 42 $300
Action $60
SPJO 37 $30
TOS 39 $4,000

$4870 for all is my guess
I hope you got more of course
I would have put these at auction. But if you feel you got a good price and feel happy that's what counts. šŸ‘
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapeape
ST 108 $480
TTA 42 $300
Action $60
SPJO 37 $30
TOS 39 $4,000

if he is right. get TTA and TOS graded.
Post 19 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
TOS39 for $2,800
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user
Shame about TOS.. according to Overstreet best it would grade is a 1 if everything else was perfect. My guess is probably a .5. Something in the 1 to 2 thousand range. Other posters are right in my opinion get it graded sell the others raw.
Post 21 IP   flag post
When will we find out what you got for each book? The Tales of Suspense is killing me. šŸ˜‚
Post 22 IP   flag post
601204 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?