Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
For Sale

Help with consignment pricing19342

Collector JC600 private msg quote post Address this user
Consignment Opinions Please.

I picked up several books from CBCS in Plano on March 15th and drove them straight over to MCS to have them list them on consignment. I have logged into their system and listed prices for 4 out of 5 but I am stuck on the last one. It is Kirby's Black Panther No.1, signed, verified, received a 8.5.

Please view the screenshot below in its entirety. Any opinions are welcome. I am stuck. I spent half the day at Wondercon speaking with people from Heritage, CGC, local comic guys, and have found no resolve. Then I came back home and viewed the high res photos I have thinking those would help the average person make a decision, but I am still wavering on a price point.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Post 1 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
The book is worth about 100bucks without signature. With signature is up to you. I would say price what you think the signature is worth to you and seeing what happens. If it doesn't sell, lower price. If you are looking for a hard and fast number, do a search on ebay for sold books with kirby signature and sell accordingly.

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector HooperSchaefer private msg quote post Address this user
You might wait another 12 hours and see where this auction lands:
clickable text

It seems like the recently sold Kirby VSP books on eBay have gone for $500-$600 obo. Granted, they are books at grades that don’t have much value without the signature.

Maybe around $750-1000 could be a good starting point?!? It is a tough decision.

**Coincidently, there is an active Black Panther #2 CBCS 8.5 Kirby VSP (with photo of signature) on eBay for $600 obo that has not sold yet. Current listing is about 10 days old.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
maybe $650 range?
Post 4 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Let the market decide and auction it off.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC600
Consignment Opinions Please.

I picked up several books from CBCS in Plano on March 15th and drove them straight over to MCS to have them list them on consignment. I have logged into their system and listed prices for 4 out of 5 but I am stuck on the last one. It is Kirby's Black Panther No.1, signed, verified, received a 8.5.

Please view the screenshot below in its entirety. Any opinions are welcome. I am stuck. I spent half the day at Wondercon speaking with people from Heritage, CGC, local comic guys, and have found no resolve. Then I came back home and viewed the high res photos I have thinking those would help the average person make a decision, but I am still wavering on a price point.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A 9.0 CGC blue label with “signed bulyvJack Kirby” sold at $499 5 years ago- this book was hotter 5 years ago than it is now, it’s in a post movie slump.

A Lee CGC SSVsold for about $200 less around the same time.

I’d price it at $545, if it doesn’t sell in 2 weeks drop it by 5%.

You can try higher like 750 or best offer but if you do, remember the mirrored eBay price would be around $900 or so- sticker shock may inhibit offers.

Tbh, I think it’s a $500-$550 book.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector JC600 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks ComicHoarder, I appreciate all the information I can get.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector desslocktx private msg quote post Address this user
How many people have that issue on their Want List? I’ve found that metric useful when pricing a book on MCS.

Good luck!
Steve
Post 8 IP   flag post
601210 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?