CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
CBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSPComics Copper AgeQuestionsSignatures

Miracleman #1 "Gold Variant" Club19327

Collector BartAllen private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone else on here have any of the /400 that Alan Moore signed? :3




Post 1 • IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
Nice!!!!
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Collector Josh7945 private msg quote post Address this user
Nope, but I’m jealous. That’s an awesome book!
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Collector BartAllen private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh7945
Nope, but I’m jealous. That’s an awesome book!


Aww Thanks! Just trying to catalogue as many as I can :3
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Woah!! That is exceptionally cool! I may not have one of those, but I do have a few of these:

Archive edition blue foil 62/99




I also have #4 blue 9/25, #5 platinum 48/99, #8 red 15/25, and #17 blue 12/99 & red 7/25. Both #17's are signed by Neil Gaiman (and, IMHO, Alan Moore trumps Neil Gaiman - sorry Neil!). Sadly, the only one I have a scan of at the moment is the 3-D.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
That Miracleman looks like this Marvelman I have from 1955. L. Miller publishing. Must be some correlation.





Post 6 • IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@earthshaker01
Those are fantastic! Gorgeous copies.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Collector BartAllen private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Woah!! That is exceptionally cool! I may not have one of those, but I do have a few of these:

Archive edition blue foil 62/99

I also have #4 blue 9/25, #5 platinum 48/99, #8 red 15/25, and #17 blue 12/99 & red 7/25. Both #17's are signed by Neil Gaiman (and, IMHO, Alan Moore trumps Neil Gaiman - sorry Neil!). Sadly, the only one I have a scan of at the moment is the 3-D.


Great stuff! Those were created by New Dimension :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
That Miracleman looks like this Marvelman I have from 1955. L. Miller publishing. Must be some correlation.

Miracleman is a revision of Marvelman ~

I have three of those but HOLY FUDGE! There's a fourth one, too ~

In the spirit of your post (sadly the Young Marvelman #28 has no cover and the last advert page is missing) :


Post 8 • IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@earthshaker01 you should list what you don't have, the list won't be very long that way. Awesome collection
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@BartAllen
Those Young Marvelman are beautiful! Incredible covers! I'm so jealous...
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Collector BartAllen private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@BartAllen
Those Young Marvelman are beautiful! Incredible covers! I'm so jealous...


Thanks, but yours are great!
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
non of those but I do have several of these:




Also the Watchmen portfolio French version that he signed and the promethea issue that also comes signed by him.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Collector KMiracleman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
That Miracleman looks like this Marvelman I have from 1955. L. Miller publishing. Must be some correlation.







OMG I'm DROOLING over these...I wish I lived in the UK so I could have some chance of getting these without having to pay massive shipping costs & eBay fees. It looks like you have multiple copies...if you ever want to sell to a poor, rabid Miracleman/Marvelman fan in the USA...
Post 13 • IP   flag post
Collector KMiracleman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim
non of those but I do have several of these:




Also the Watchmen portfolio French version that he signed and the promethea issue that also comes signed by him.


Yes, I also have the French Watchmen portfolio with the signature plate. I also have a signed copy of the Annotated From Hell hardcover, a copy of the "AAAARRGGHH" TPB from his Mad Love publishing days, and a few other odds and ends (including Miracleman pogs - LOL).
Post 14 • IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@KMiracleman
I feel your pain!!
Post 15 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMiracleman
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
That Miracleman looks like this Marvelman I have from 1955. L. Miller publishing. Must be some correlation.







OMG I'm DROOLING over these...I wish I lived in the UK so I could have some chance of getting these without having to pay massive shipping costs & eBay fees. It looks like you have multiple copies...if you ever want to sell to a poor, rabid Miracleman/Marvelman fan in the USA...
I'm in the USA
Post 16 • IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
I'm in the USA

Dude taunts us...
Post 17 • IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
@KMiracleman @SpiderTim That French Watchmen Portfolio is a diamond in the rough that not many are aware of its existence.
I have one myself and it is a prized piece

There are giant size French Hardcover editions as well that reprint the Watchmen series. They are, as well, absolutely gorgeous
Post 18 • IP   flag post
Collector BartAllen private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
I'm in the USA
.

How did you get those
Post 19 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BartAllen
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
I'm in the USA
.

How did you get those
I met a woman in the UK that was advertising them. Apparently her father worked for the publisher and had a bunch of these uncirculated. So, I bought them all.
Post 20 • IP   flag post
Collector BartAllen private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
I met a woman in the UK that was advertising them. Apparently her father worked fir the publisher and had a bunch if these uncirculated. So, I bought them all.


Incredible!

But hopefully more people will post their gold variants ~
Post 21 • IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BartAllen
But hopefully more people will post their gold variants ~


Odds are slim if there are only 400 of them.
Post 22 • IP   flag post
Moderators handing out titles: Boom. Roasted. Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
I have 214




And I’ll raise you a regular Miracleman 1 UK copy. Only difference is the back cover.


Post 23 • IP   flag post
Collector BartAllen private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
I have 214

And I’ll raise you a regular Miracleman 1 UK copy. Only difference is the back cover.

Great stuff! Do you have your CoA? Or is it lost? As I realise quite a few have lost theirs.

A UK edition? WOOP WOOP! I've got quite a few UK editions, but here's my only CGC type:


Post 24 • IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
@BartAllen I've never seen Gary Leach at a Con.
Post 25 • IP   flag post
Moderators handing out titles: Boom. Roasted. Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BartAllen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
I have 214

And I’ll raise you a regular Miracleman 1 UK copy. Only difference is the back cover.

Great stuff! Do you have your CoA? Or is it lost? As I realise quite a few have lost theirs.





Yea it’s in the bag with the slab
Post 26 • IP   flag post
Collector BartAllen private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
Yea it’s in the bag with the slab


Aw super! Just wanted to clarify whether your COA was signed or blank ~
Post 27 • IP   flag post
Collector BartAllen private msg quote post Address this user
My second Miracleman Eclipse badge:


Post 28 • IP   flag post
657131 28 28
This topic is archived. Start new topic?