Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

possible stolen comics from FedEx19318

Collector ExpI0sioN private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone,

I've been waiting for almost two months for FedEx and CBCS to try and rectify the problem/not problem with my shipment since early February, after talking with many people and basically getting the run around from FedEx and slow updates from CBCS as to the whereabouts or problem with my package, i got the sad update from CBCS today, saying that FedEx may have lost them.
Even though they where sitting in Woodbridge, Ontario, Canada, FedEx Wearhouse since February 2nd, due to an apparent shipping label issue.

Now i just wanted to post this here, to let you guys' know and to possibly keep an eye out, as i will be once and while. But I'll also try and keep you posted as much as I am keep up to date.

As many know when we submit we do an insurance pricing for CBCS, for situations like this, but what sucks is when a book climbs up in price and stays high, Like the Wolverine #1(1982) I got as a 9.8, was a newsstand edition, and now goes for about $2600, but when i sent it in was less then $1000.

This is just a precautionary Post, as I'm awaiting more info and will be contacting FedEx again shortly.

I know the comic Community is great for all situations, hope something can come from this post. Eventually. As I said Above I live in Ontario, Canada. And am Awaiting more info from CBCS as of right now. "Fingers Crossed" It turns out to be a better outcome then what they say.

sorry about photo, I couldn't fix it to be bigger or not slightly blurry.

Post 1 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Do you have collectors insurance by chance?
Post 2 IP   flag post
@drmccoy74 I don't, but also my collecting and collection only of slabs just started, when it comes to Slabs not many are higher priced items. And any Raws i own are around $150 and/or less, as my collection is mostly from the 90's, 2000's and 2010's along with new stuff from the past few years. not a huge collection, but it's stuff i Enjoy and like. Besides the books seen in this post/photo, I don't have a ton from the 80's and beyond.

and currently with this situation I now have less.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
If you have not yet; starting a claim with FedEx should get that ball rolling faster. They will find your books or pay you thousands of dollars and they don’t want to pay you thousands of dollars. If there is not an official loss claim then there is no incentive for them to put urgency (for lack of a better word) into your inquiry.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@HulkSmash CBCS has told me they have put in a claim, Should I as well?

I have spoken with another FedEx rep, didn't really tell me to much of what i didn't already get told by other Fedex Reps, and the Recent E-mail From CBCS.

But i requested the person on the "Case" call me. sooo... we'll see...
Post 5 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpI0sioN

I have spoken with another FedEx rep, didn't really tell me to much of what i didn't already get told by other Fedex Reps, and the Recent E-mail From CBCS.

I think you should. I have not had to deal with a missing CBCS shipment so I’m not sure what CBCS considers a “claim”. I suppose you could get clarification from CBCS on what “claim” means. Inquiring on the whereabouts of a package and loss claim are 2 very different things. Worst case you start an insurance claim and they see there is already an active claim for the same issue; no harm done.
Post 6 IP   flag post
So, small update, FedEx (not so smart by the way), called me just a few days ago.
Telling me something I already knew two weeks ago. That my package was lost, an apparent investigation went on and of course trying to ask these reps something about that, got me nothing, no straight answers no real answer as to what happened to the package.

According to FedEx the investigation into this is done and nothing to show for it, the Rep I've been talking with from CBCS already let me know they put a claim in, (about 2 1/2 weeks or so ago).

I'm now waiting for CBCS to get back to me via e-mail, and will update this when I do. I'm also looking on eBay and Facebook marketplace once and a while to see if something pops up. (never know)
And if I get notified by CBCS that they a still missing/possibly stolen, I will post in a few Facebook selling groups as well, as I've not done so as of yet.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry this has happened. I'd be beyond furious.

To this day, I'll never ever understand how mail; and a large delivery at that, actually gets lost.
I just don't get it. Stolen? - yea, get it. Dumped on the side of the road? - seen pictures. But how does a company just lose mail.... FEDEX, UPS, or USPS.? I just don't see it in my head how it actually happens.
(..... and yet it does)
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Sorry this has happened. I'd be beyond furious.

To this day, I'll never ever understand how mail; and a large delivery at that, actually gets lost.
I just don't get it. Stolen? - yea, get it. Dumped on the side of the road? - seen pictures. But how does a company just lose mail.... FEDEX, UPS, or USPS.? I just don't see it in my head how it actually happens.
(..... and yet it does)
assuming no foul play; if a label is damaged it would become “lost” because they don’t where it’s going. Best case they trace the steps to its last known location and identify the package/contents and relabel it to continue its horrific journey. What still blows my mind is a parcel service “losing” a 37” tire for work that was identified nearly a year later and presumably returned to the vendor after locating it😅
Post 9 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
If it makes you feel any better a 9.8 Newsstand now goes for just about $1,100 ($900 or so to seller). I see you’re Canadian so if you meant Cdn about $1,250 Cdn (to seller).

Might take the sting off a bit as it’s close to your insurance claim.

Post 10 IP   flag post
@HulkSmash they said the label was wrong address, it made it to my City, but then left after an attempted delivery to an non existing address, even with CBCS contacting me to confirm my address, "before" the package was even shipping, apparently, someone in there shipping department still got it wrong, then they call me about my address a few weeks later, to confirm and i guess correct it at and with FedEx, and they still messed it up. I even tried to get someone at FedEx to call me and had someone put in notes my correct address, to confirm it all and still...

and i get the lost or damaged aspect of things in a warehouse, sometimes things happen, or someone steals stuff, happened at the place i used to work. usually a lost item for us was a damaged lable that no one wanted to correct, lazy.

@Davethebrave it does a bit, but it wasn't really the fact of i'm losing money be it ~$250 or more, for a sell, it was the fact that i wanted it back for my PC, and down the line, 5- 10 years or more then sell it, which will never happen, unless i fork more money over, that i should hopefully get back from CBCS from claim. If it comes to that.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@HulkSmash they said the label was wrong address, it made it to my City, but then left after an attempted delivery to an non existing address, even with CBCS contacting me to confirm my address, "before" the package was even shipping, apparently, someone in there shipping department still got it wrong, then they call me about my address a few weeks later, to confirm and i guess correct it at and with FedEx, and they still messed it up. I even tried to get someone at FedEx to call me and had someone put in notes my correct address, to confirm it all and still...

and i get the lost or damaged aspect of things in a warehouse, sometimes things happen, or someone steals stuff, happened at the place i used to work. usually a lost item for us was a damaged lable that no one wanted to correct, lazy.

@Davethebrave it does a bit, but it wasn't really the fact of i'm losing money be it ~$250 or more, for a sell, it was the fact that i wanted it back for my PC, and down the line, 5- 10 years or more then sell it, which will never happen, unless i fork more money over, that i should hopefully get back from CBCS from claim. If it comes to that.

What did you assign as the insured value on your CBCS submission invoice for these books?

As an aside, a peeled off or stained/illegible shipping label is unlikely, but this is why I apply shipping tape over the entire label area, wrapped around the entire box, twice, to ensure that will not happen with any books I ship out.

Once around the label area- than once arooind the length of the box and once around the width of the box- only way that could allow the label to come off is by using a razor knife and cutting a square around the label.

The downside is that the tracking number may require a few swipes to scan or may not be scannable at all; and would require the delivery person to manually enter the tracking label upon delivery. That is going off what a USPS clerk told me, I’ve yet to hand in a box and have it require manual entry for tracking.

I’ve never had a package go missing/lost.
Post 12 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
I believe this is inbound to OP. The sender (CBCS) does the packaging, label, etc.

In this situation I would key into what the shipping label “issue” was before it left the warehouse. If that was provided as a reason for the delay, someone should have a record of what sort of issue occurred and how it was resolved.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

You absolutely should put in a personal claim. The books are your property not the property of cbcs and certainly not the property of fedex.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by cesidio
Quote:

You absolutely should put in a personal claim. The books are your property not the property of cbcs and certainly not the property of fedex.

When a package is lost in shipment, it is normally the shipper that puts in a claim. Not the recipient. Because it is the shipper that had a contract so to speak with the shipping service. In this case, CBCS contracted with FedEx to deliver the package to the recipient. Nothing signed, no payment accepted between recipient and FedEx. Only between shipper and FedEx.

It is this way for any shipping service. And any shipping insurance.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@ExpI0sioN have you filed a police report? to claim a book on ebay is yours without a police report might be fruitless. i often wondered how ebay handles that also...
Post 16 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
@ExpI0sioN have you filed a police report? to claim a book on ebay is yours without a police report might be fruitless. i often wondered how ebay handles that also...

?
Post 17 IP   flag post
@IronMan Thanks for Describing this for us all. This is how it went.

@multi007 no, but would as soon as I saw something, if I did. I Can't just assume they are stolen as FedEx and CBCS will not tell me exactly what happened Beside the package has been "lost".

A Final Update, CBCS and FedEx finalized and determined that the Comic's/Package has been Lost, no further investigation, at least from what I've been told. And A payout From the insured Amount/FMV will be paid out to me.

A SAD day to be honest and a loss of great comics, and some I wanted to keep in the PC, like the Wolverine #1 and Secret Wars #8 and Star Wars #1, but at least I'll get some money out of it and maybe one day, they get found, CBCS has stated that if found and sent back to CBCS I have a chance to buy them back (as i was paid out) and hopefully at this price too. Or I buy them myself one day soon.

Thanks for everyone reading this post and giving some input to help with my woe's. Hope everything goes smoothly for everyone else and they don't have to go through this. FedEx kinda sucks.

Cheers.
Post 18 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I believe FedEx doesn't know where the package is but I don't believe the package is lost....someone knows where that package is.
Post 19 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I believe FedEx doesn't know where the package is but I don't believe the package is lost....someone knows where that package is.

This 100%!
Post 20 IP   flag post
@Nuffsaid111 And this is what I think too. 100% it's just when will they try and do something with them, if someone else has them now.
Post 21 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
That's terrible. FEDex lost my UF4 9.6 as well. I hope you find your book.
Post 22 IP   flag post
617496 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?