Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I like the name of that thread!
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Joey has been pressing and subbing books for much longer than I have but one neednā€™t need Joeyā€™s level ox experience in predicting CPRā€™s to see thereā€™s no upside to a CPR with this book.

In addition to what others have noted, I see what looks like the early stage of light foxing, in the ā€œHULKā€ title logo.

The little yellow/orange-ish dots are what I am referring to, the book hasnā€™t been dry cleaned as thereā€™s also visible surface dirt in the HULK logo so its hard to say definitively without the slab in hand if the yellow/orangey tiny is foxing but I think so.

The overall color breaking wear keeps the book from above an 8.5 if CORā€™d, to begin with.

Iā€™d store the slab away from any humidity whatsoever, to arrest (as much as possible anyway) the foxing (mold) growth.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector Reelgee private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC WTF that's BS I know i'm not a pro but the companies we send to are, and the grading should be universal from overstreet to pgx they should respect they're piers judgement and never lower the grade. And if necessary be able to tell it would be lower b4 they crack the case. sorry i'm a little upset because i want @multi007 to get his book clean up if he want to, without losing his grade and if it go up great. I want to send the first books i sent in to be regraded, because i made the rookie mistake of not getting a clean n press (Wolverive 1-4)And don't like the grades i got, it will piss me off if they went lower. again sorry
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
My GSX1 CBCS 6.0 & 7.0 dropped 2 grade points after sending to CCS/CGC to 5.0 & 6.0....sucks.

Was this CPRā€™d?

2 full points is a big drop, my guess is if it was CPRā€™d, the cause of the drop was staple puncture of the back cover.
Post 54 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Reelgee - In most cases, a clean and press will make a book look/present better. But comics are fragile pieces of cheap paper, and they do not always react well to moisture, heat, and pressure. Cleaning and pressing any comic is a risk, so you better be prepared for bad news at least part of the time. I have seen and heard of staples being pulled through the cover, staples at the centerfold pull and cause small tears to the adjacent pages, pages get stuck together, spines getting split, and have even had graders notes list erasure marks on back or front covers.
Post 55 IP   flag post

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Reelgee There's never any guarantee on grade bumps when pressing and re-grading. You roll the dice...sometimes you win and sometimes you don't.
Post 56 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelgee
@GAC WTF that's BS I know i'm not a pro but the companies we send to are, and the grading should be universal from overstreet to pgx they should respect they're piers judgement and never lower the grade. And if necessary be able to tell it would be lower b4 they crack the case. sorry i'm a little upset because i want @multi007 to get his book clean up if he want to, without losing his grade and if it go up great. I want to send the first books i sent in to be regraded, because i made the rookie mistake of not getting a clean n press (Wolverive 1-4)And don't like the grades i got, it will piss me off if they went lower. again sorry

Are you Serious?
Post 57 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Here's an example that went in my favour.

Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector Jgwalters100 private msg quote post Address this user
Nice I tried twice with my 9.6 batman beyond 1 and it came back the same. Not even sure why it wasn't a 9.8 to begin with but that's the 9.6 game I guess.
Post 59 IP   flag post
601455 59 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?