Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you everyone. I will keep it as is 😀. I’m very happy.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Reelgee private msg quote post Address this user
question to all that said not to regrade, would you buy and/or sell this book just curious not judging (mannn wish i had one)
Post 27 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Leave well enough alone.
Post 28 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@multi007 Keep it as it is. It's over graded.
Post 29 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
@multi007 Keep it as it is. It's over graded.

not neccessary.
Post 30 IP   flag post

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFP_Comics
Leave well enough alone.

I could apply that advice to so many areas of my life.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelgee
question to all that said not to regrade, would you buy and/or sell this book just curious not judging (mannn wish i had one)

I plan to keep for about 5 years. For now, I just want to stare at it. 😀
Post 32 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Dang you got 1 of 8 I’ll probably never own. The others being 1-6 and 180. A press wouldn’t help. Enjoy the 8.5👍🏻
Post 33 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
If you color in the breaks, it'll present better.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
If you color in the breaks, it'll present better.
there are already a plethora of restored copies. Best to leave it as is like an unsigned Spawn 1😂
Post 35 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
It still has the Marvel value stamp, so fill in that value stamp book! 🤔
Post 36 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelgee
great book. is that a crack down by wolverine claw?? spine side. also you said u sent check to bypass fee would you explain, i never brought an auction book from mcs

Yea, so I bought it from MCS via "Buy it now". And when you check out, one option is to "send us a check and we'll waive the $450+ (3%) consignment fee that we charge."
Post 37 IP   flag post
@multi007 thanks,wow that's good to know.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
Yea, so I bought it from MCS via "Buy it now". And when you check out, one option is to "send us a check and we'll waive the $450 (3%) consignment fee that we charge.

It's not really a consignment fee. It's a credit card fee needed to pay the credit processing costs on consignment items. Not charging the credit card fees on consignment items would take a huge chunk out of the MCS commission. Did you get some other big books as well that took that fee up to $450?
Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector Coldbobt private msg quote post Address this user
That looks at most an 8.5 to me, no way you'll get a 9.0 on it, I'd leave it be mate
Post 40 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@multi007 - you could roll the dice and send me n, but those graders notes reflect non- pressable flaws, so if it were mine, I wouldn’t send in, based on those notes. Congratulations!
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
@multi007 Beautiful book! Congratulations!

As others have said, leave it as it is. A press and clean might make a marginal improvement in appearance, but the risk of a grade drop is very real.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector Jgwalters100 private msg quote post Address this user
How much has anyone have their grades dropped. I'm curious because I have a few I have been thinking of sending back in. Is this really common. I have a spiderman 300 that's 9.2 that's never been pressed.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector grapeape private msg quote post Address this user
I'd rather have a 9.2 than a 9.0. I would h8 for you to see a drop. This is a fairly common book, a 9.2 is a nice grade. Value wise on this book there's not a huge ask spread between 9.2-9.4 so I'd leave it alone.
You're adding the expense of the regrade, pressing? shipping.
How high were you hoping to go up?
Post 44 IP   flag post
I'm honestly not sure I have a few others as well. I was curious I guess on how often lower grades happen. Because that would really suck. Especially on high value books
Post 45 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
My GSX1 CBCS 6.0 & 7.0 dropped 2 grade points after sending to CCS/CGC to 5.0 & 6.0....sucks.

Post 46 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC Ugh.... I won't give any check marks to this.
Wish there was a thumbs down on the forum.
I feel your pain. And it's just not fair.
Post 47 IP   flag post
I don't see how the same company can lower a grade. Isn't that just admitting it was graded wrong?
Post 48 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia No - that was the only book.
Post 49 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
@GAC Ugh.... I won't give any check marks to this.
Wish there was a thumbs down on the forum.
I feel your pain. And it's just not fair.

lol! Yeah, it blows but whatcha' gonna do? The books were not pressed and it looked like the books would benefit from one....a tad surprised when they came back. oh well....I should have left well enough alone....that should be the title of a new thread on the forum....I Shoulda Left Well Enogh Alone. lol! 🍻
Post 50 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I like the name of that thread!
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Joey has been pressing and subbing books for much longer than I have but one needn’t need Joey’s level ox experience in predicting CPR’s to see there’s no upside to a CPR with this book.

In addition to what others have noted, I see what looks like the early stage of light foxing, in the “HULK” title logo.

The little yellow/orange-ish dots are what I am referring to, the book hasn’t been dry cleaned as there’s also visible surface dirt in the HULK logo so its hard to say definitively without the slab in hand if the yellow/orangey tiny is foxing but I think so.

The overall color breaking wear keeps the book from above an 8.5 if COR’d, to begin with.

I’d store the slab away from any humidity whatsoever, to arrest (as much as possible anyway) the foxing (mold) growth.
Post 52 IP   flag post
@GAC WTF that's BS I know i'm not a pro but the companies we send to are, and the grading should be universal from overstreet to pgx they should respect they're piers judgement and never lower the grade. And if necessary be able to tell it would be lower b4 they crack the case. sorry i'm a little upset because i want @multi007 to get his book clean up if he want to, without losing his grade and if it go up great. I want to send the first books i sent in to be regraded, because i made the rookie mistake of not getting a clean n press (Wolverive 1-4)And don't like the grades i got, it will piss me off if they went lower. again sorry
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
My GSX1 CBCS 6.0 & 7.0 dropped 2 grade points after sending to CCS/CGC to 5.0 & 6.0....sucks.

Was this CPR’d?

2 full points is a big drop, my guess is if it was CPR’d, the cause of the drop was staple puncture of the back cover.
Post 54 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Reelgee - In most cases, a clean and press will make a book look/present better. But comics are fragile pieces of cheap paper, and they do not always react well to moisture, heat, and pressure. Cleaning and pressing any comic is a risk, so you better be prepared for bad news at least part of the time. I have seen and heard of staples being pulled through the cover, staples at the centerfold pull and cause small tears to the adjacent pages, pages get stuck together, spines getting split, and have even had graders notes list erasure marks on back or front covers.
Post 55 IP   flag post
600737 59 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?