Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Cbcs not doing shows and staff gone?? Whats happening???19302

Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
I've also heard at least one person is no longer at CBCS.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector SGT_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
to be fair - it would be hard to tell if staff was let go... I mean with the stellar response times to e-mails even Methuselah would run out of time!

Maybe one way to identify at least one prominent person who apparently no longer works there by considering who used to be the go-to point of contact for customer service inquiries both here and on the Facebook groups but has been pretty silent lately...
Post 27 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe they can relax the forum rules a bit now lol
Post 28 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim
I've also heard at least one person is no longer at CBCS.

I see what you did there.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
At ECCC in Seattle a few weeks ago, the show as being held in the all-new Convention Center called the Summit which opened this past January to the public. Due to confusing signage, a lot of people had no idea the main exhibitor hall was in essentially the basement. That would be considered Level 0 but the signs around the hall focused on Levels 1, 2, 3, etc. CBCS was located in this main hall down in the basement while CGC was located on Level 2 where the artist alley and celebrities were located as well as a smaller number of exhibitors.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
I didn't see them at Emerald city.

They used to be banned from that show as ReedPop had an exclusive with the cgc. They had to find an independent location convenient yet non-adjacent to the show. Maybe they just decided to say. "To hell with it," and move on.

I think this deal has expired. I'm pretty sure I saw them at C2E2 last year and they're on the schedule this year
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
@Helric1 Yes it ended a few years ago, I believe it was a 2-year exclusive that CGC had with RP for ECCC, C2E2, and I believe NYCC.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@Kinsella5 probably why I didn't see them, I saw CGC. Had to jump on a lift and go down to the basement to find the comic book dealers. I preferred the other venue
Post 33 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
This is from the CBCS Facebook page.

Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O so this means that my submission that is at 90 business days will be finished soon?
Post 35 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@SpiderTim I've no idea. I'm just a messenger. 😁
Post 36 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I think the operative word in that press release is backlog. If your submission is not passed its TAT, then I would think you are not considered backlog.....you'd just be log.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user

Post 38 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder whether if submissions hadn't significantly decreased within the last year; if this backlog would have ended and be heralded as such a major achievement?

But then again I work in a business who's business is Marketing , so I can smell that spin from a mile away.

In the end, the TAT number is finally appropriate.
Post 39 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck

Oh great... now I'm gonna have that stuck in my head all day!
Post 40 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
Oh great... now I'm gonna have that stuck in my head all day!

Haha, same here.

Post 41 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@figment @flanders - yup - I wonder if the youth even know about this - some happily ear worming it's way right now!!

Guy at work said someone else was their 'grasshopper' - I had to as the 'grasshopper' if he even knew what the reference was - he did not!!!
Post 42 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkonk
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrabon78
saying they no longer work for cbcs and can't say why.

I would be skeptical of anyone who says that they can't say why they were let go.
Why can't they say why?

Agreed. If you were let go by your employer, then there should be no expectation of privacy concerning why you are no longer employed. Unless, it's in exchange for said employer not pressing charges.

A surprising number of companies have non-compete and "don't say bad things about us" terms in their hiring contracts that extend past employment. I have no idea if CBCS is one, but saying in general.

This is true. But I don't understand how explaining why you no longer work there would be construed as saying something bad about the company.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user

At KC Comicon today
Post 44 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@Rbolton, was anyone at the booth? It looks empty.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, there were two employees that I could see, there were a lot of people here for signings. I did see about a dozen CGC employees verifying signatures at various booths.
Post 46 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Is that 5 ghosts I see with CBCS t-shirts sitting in the chairs?
Post 47 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
sigh....
Guess I'll do at least 1 day at the Niagara Falls convention?
So far no response from the convention about a comic grader being there and no hint on the CBCS site - really just want 1 book witnessed for Steranko - and a hardcover for fun!
Post 48 IP   flag post
601347 48 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?