Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Grading notes/grades swapped?19297

Collector Silversorrow private msg quote post Address this user
In the most recent submission I just got back it really seems to me like 2 of the books had their notes/grades swapped somehow. I thought my X-Men 131 would be a 9.6 and my X-Men 136 would be around a 9.0 but they ended up the opposite. On top of that the graders notes for the X-men 136 say only this "light spine stress some barely breaks color". Wheras the graders notes for the X-Men 131 say "spine stress some breaks color,
creases some breaks color,finger print front cover".

The thing is, it's the X-Men 136 that has a fingerprint on the front cover and the X-Men 131 is immaculate as in the pics below. What should I do, do you think they swapped the notes/grades on these 2? Here is the 136.

And here is the seemingly pristine 131.

The tiny white line near the blue coloring on the spine is actually not a spine tick, just a small piece of plastic inside the outer well.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@Silversorrow
If labels can get swapped, I can see data entry getting mixed up. If I were you, I'd contact CS and see if they've tightened that up just like they've tightened up the TATs.
Post 2 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Like Byrdi says, all you can do is try to contact them. Your concern seems legit, and it's something that could happen.

Label swaps are common with CGC. I don't see it much with CBCS.
Post 3 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
I think you are right, based on the pics. I wish you the best in getting a hold of someone to help you.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Send 131 in to regrade at 9.6 and sell the 9.6 136 to an unlucky dupe??
Post 5 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

No offense, but do you sleep well at night?
Post 6 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user

Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros
Label swaps are common with CGC. I don't see it much with CBCS.

Yup. I've had about a half-dozen label swaps from CGC and none from CBCS.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
@Silversorrow I think that would be an easy fix . I don’t see how anyone could dispute the grading info got swapped. Best of luck.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@Silversorrow
If labels can get swapped, I can see data entry getting mixed up. If I were you, I'd contact CS and see if they've tightened that up just like they've tightened up the TATs.

Hahaha... you crack me up! Good one!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Quote:

No offense, but do you sleep well at night?

lol!! super fine!!!

One of the better back hand compliments I got was from an accounting professor who said I would make a great auditor because I thought like a criminal (after I had pointed out a way in the scenario to trick an auditor)

Now - what I suggested is not something I would ever do - but can you honestly say there aren't many, many who would do exactly as I pointed out - illegal..possibly, immoral - 100%!!! but we've all seen books in slabs with grades that did not seem right
Heck we saw not long ago an "Exciting" comic?? where it was re-graded and found to be missing coupons etc. - possible the original submitter knew they were missing and said nothing when it cam back in the 9's???? whos's to say...who's to say.... but we would be kidding ourselves to not think that it happens - people do funny things when $$ is involved
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
people do funny things when $$ is involved

YES, they do.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I'm definitely not going to sell the 136 as a 9.6. I just want CBCS to take these back and fix the mistake so I can have 2 properly graded books. I sent an email to customer service but haven't got a response yet. I'll try Instagram too, then maybe phoning.Unfortunately even if CBCS does pay for the shipping both ways and fixes these grades for free, I'll still be out about $30 for Fedex brokerage fees when they come back.....but at least it'll be worth it.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Heck we saw not long ago an "Exciting" comic?? where it was re-graded and found to be missing coupons etc. - possible the original submitter knew they were missing and said nothing when it cam back in the 9's???? whos's to say...who's to say.... but we would be kidding ourselves to not think that it happens - people do funny things when $$ is involved

Many will not be aware what you are talking about given the thread got removed
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:

Many will not be aware what you are talking about given the thread got removed

really?? I was not aware it was removed!! - last I saw of that thread it was civil an nothing controversial - wonder what happened!!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Well CBCS customer support has drastically improved! They emailed me the same day I emailed them (at 10:09PM PST too, now that's dedication). They sent me a waybill to ship my 2 slabs back to them today and I've already shipped them out. It's 2 day delivery, and they said they would look at them and correct any mistakes within 24-48 hours and ship them back right after that. I could have them back in about a week (crosses fingers).

I must say I am very impressed (and surprised) with how much better their customer service has gotten. Awesome job CBCS!
Post 16 IP   flag post
@Silversorrow
I've had much better experience with CS lately, too. I had some scuffed slabs and it just took one email and I had a reply. I sent my books back and I'm sure they'll be returned soon.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
That's great news that CS has evidently been addressed by the company. CS is the face of the company. For a while it looked like CBCS was headless.
Post 18 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
My guess is less to do with actions taken by the company and more to do with fewer submissions.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Update: Well the customer service dropped off a cliff once my comics got to CBCS. The customer service agent had told me that the turnaround would be 24-48 hours after they arrived at CBCS.
When my comics arrived at CBCS the agent sent me an email saying that they would get the graders to look at it as soon as possible. That was almost 3 weeks ago..., the agent has ghosted me and not responded to any of my 3 emails since. I even emailed the generic customer service email last Thursday and no response from that either.
It's very frustrating, my comics are there but with absolutely no way to track them and no communication on what's happening with them.
Post 20 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversorrow
Update: Well the customer service dropped off a cliff once my comics got to CBCS. The customer service agent had told me that the turnaround would be 24-48 hours after they arrived at CBCS.
When my comics arrived at CBCS the agent sent me an email saying that they would get the graders to look at it as soon as possible. That was almost 3 weeks ago..., the agent has ghosted me and not responded to any of my 3 emails since. I even emailed the generic customer service email last Thursday and no response from that either.
It's very frustrating, my comics are there but with absolutely no way to track them and no communication on what's happening with them.

Same...
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversorrow
Starting to think the customer service agent made a typo and that was supposed to read "24-48 days".
Post 22 IP   flag post
600872 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?