Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Population of 1: What do you got that is the only one?19264

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@James42 - Although Stan Lee was originally against Marvel becoming involved with Star Wars (the comic came out before the movie), he became instrumental in Marvel producing the comic. Without the box office success of the movie, and therefore comic sales for Marvel, Marvel may well have gone bankrupt during that time period (late 1970’s).
Post 51 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo I'm not talking about classic Marvel Star Wars, I am talking about post-Disney Star Wars. There's a sketch cover on eBay right now with Stan's autograph and the inscription, "May the Force be with you!" It's just jarring.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
@JustABitEvil it's so so wonderful to see a signed Stan Lee book that he actually wrote. I am so so so tired of seeing signed Stan Lee books in which he did nothing.... literally nothing with the book; nor the character; nor anything.

Signed Gwenom? Signed Venom? I mean c'mon. (And yes I've heard all the "But....." reasons for getting it signed)

Great choice of a book!!

I just wanted something different, I've got about a dozen Stan Lee sigs on books with most of my favorite characters that he created. It's true the man signed about a million books in his day, but everyone has a Spidey or X-Men or whatever. Plus my wife's name is Sherry so when I found that book it was perfect
Post 53 IP   flag post
Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user
In the 80's, my friends older brother published this indy comic, and signed the 1st issue for me, I think it said 1 of 100, and is currently submitted for slabbing. The only other comic I found was on Amazon.🤘
Post 54 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@makahuka
LOL!! Please tell me that title is what I think it is!
Post 55 IP   flag post

@Byrdibyrd yes, it is what you think, my friends brother got to do a comic with Samhain(Danzig, Misfits)using the same character.
Post 56 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user

Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector mpweigl private msg quote post Address this user
I came across an odd one today.
Post 58 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user

Post 59 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpweigl

Cool book but common.
Post 60 IP   flag post

Post 61 IP   flag post
@mpweigl
Yours is the 39-cent variant, too. Nice!

Post 62 IP   flag post

Post 63 IP   flag post

Post 64 IP   flag post

Post 65 IP   flag post
@drchaos
There's no question that you are in possession of many a unique book.
Post 66 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpweigl

Please let me know if you’re willing to sell…
Post 67 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos

I wonder if there are any Pedigrees with multiple copies of a single book? It might tell us something about the person who created the collection, which is half of what makes Pedigree books interesting.
Post 68 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos I LOVE those Tom Mandrake signed books! He’s one of my favorite artists. I also want the Stanley & His Monster issues!
Post 69 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano0521
@drchaos I LOVE those Tom Mandrake signed books! He’s one of my favorite artists. I also want the Stanley & His Monster issues!

All of these books are up for sale on My Comic Shop.
Post 70 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I think it's safe to say this is the only one. My Argo DVDs and sleeve signed by Mike Royer and Barry Geller (RIP) at the 2020 San Diego Comic Fest.

The Kirby Effect: The Deceptions of Argo

Post 71 IP   flag post

This actually belongs to my wife, not me. I can't find it in the CGC census, so I am not sure if any others were graded. Signed by Jeremy Dale and Phil Noto. Jeremy passed away less than five months after he signed this for us.
Post 72 IP   flag post
Collector codychunn private msg quote post Address this user
I must be pretty dumb because I get errors every time I try to check. What am I missing?
Post 73 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
I have the only CBCS 6.5 Fantastic Four #150 🫤
Post 74 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
These two are the only ones on either census.

Post 75 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@drchaos
There's no question that you are in possession of many a unique book.

Now one less than I had yesterday as I just sold this one through My Comic Shop:

Post 76 IP   flag post
🤣🤣🤣 I couldn't find a copy slabbed, Nic Cage fan here!
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector Reelgee private msg quote post Address this user

i couldn't find this one on cover price. what ya think should i open it and send it in??
Post 78 IP   flag post
600906 78 28
This topic is archived. Start new topic?