Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkCertified Comics For SaleComics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Modern Age

Comiclink auction! 2nd round of comic books starts ending tonight! 8pm EST19234

The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
EDIT
2nd session of comic books starts ending tonight! Get your bids in or just have fun watching the auction!
Enjoy and have a great night with the auction!!! Some really cool comics tonight! Here's some of them. Enjoy looking!

Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Stu private msg quote post Address this user
There is a 3.0 Incredible Hulk listed - 4 days to go. Keeping an eye on it!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
Hey @sborock , I know I'm kind of beating a dead horse here but maybe you could get them to add back cover scans to auction books? And a "watch" button? I don't think they care but if anyone could get it done it would be you
Post 3 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helric1
Hey @sborock , I know I'm kind of beating a dead horse here but maybe you could get them to add back cover scans to auction books? And a "watch" button? I don't think they care but if anyone could get it done it would be you

Sometimes there are back cover scans but when or why I haven't figured out. I do know that most places will not show the back cover if it has somebody else's sticker on it.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
Quote:

Sometimes there are back cover scans but when or why I haven't figured out. I do know that most places will not show the back cover if it has somebody else's sticker on it.

I've seen them in the exchange but I don't recall ever seeing a back cover in an auction. This is my example of why they should be there. I've heard they might send you a scan if it's requested. I tried once and never got it.

Post 5 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
The back cover scans in the exchange are consingor supplied scans. I think ComicLink does their own scanning for auction items.

I agree, back cover scans would be great, especially for books bidding into the hundreds and thousands.
Post 6 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
That’s a nice looking 5.5!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
Quote:

I've seen them in the exchange but I don't recall ever seeing a back cover in an auction. This is my example of why they should be there. I've heard they might send you a scan if it's requested. I tried once and never got it.

Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
And a "watch" button?

I watch Comiclink auctions by making ridiculously low bids early in the auction. That way they show up under "My Bids" until I choose to remove them, remaining even after the auction has ended.
Post 8 IP   flag post
To help keep more money in the consigners pocket, we only scan back covers of some books in auction. We would have to hire 3 more people to scan all back covers as there are thousands of books to image.

We would hate to have to charge our consigners more than a straight 10% with no buyers premium, but if we had to hire a lot of people to only do back cover scans, it would most likely raise the 10% sellers fee a bit or add a small buyers premium and no one wants that! The money should stay in your pocket!!!!

You can request back cover scans by emailing me: sborock@comiclink.com and I can get you a back cover scan, but please do so 10-7 days before the auction ends. If you ask for it too close to an auction, we might not have the time as we are busy finalizing the beginning off the auction.

Hope that helps!

Now....Bid!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector PhilCoulson private msg quote post Address this user
@sborock Thanks for the headsup.
Post 10 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
@PhilCoulson Are you sure you're on the ComicLink.com auction? I've bid on a handful of items and I don't see that on any of them.

I think you are on ComicConnect.com.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector PhilCoulson private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson Yep, you are correct. I just realized that and edited my post before the rest of you see how dumb I am. Too late.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@PhilCoulson That's not Comiclink.com as we do not have a buyers premium.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@sborock -Ummm, there actually is a 3% buyer premium.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@sborock -Ummm, there actually is a 3% buyer premium.
True. Unless you pay in full with check or Bank funded money order I believe they wave this
Post 15 IP   flag post
The 3% at Comiclink is only for credit cards and other forms of electronic payment that carry a processing fee. If that form of payment is used then yes, the buyer pays that fee.
Post 16 IP   flag post
600654 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?