CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkArt Sketch CoversComics Modern AgeSignatures

The RIPPED Cover Game19225

CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Your guess looks closer than what it actually was. lol
Post 126 IP   flag post
This one I think was just incomplete. I pencilled them all and when I inked them, I think I forgot to finish this one and didn't notice after I erased the pencils. Nobody got it right, but it was impossible.

Post 127 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts - I thought I nailed that one! Even has the shoulder along with nothing but hair edge to edge.
Post 128 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
This one was probably impossible. Not the best rendering.

Aaaargghhh! Not impossible at all. I was going to guess this cover but thought there was no chance so I submitted nothing instead.

My copy is hiding somewhere but here's her 1st appearance for you:

Post 129 IP   flag post
Ok, let me explain this one...

I have a folder that I saved the images into of books I put into the illustration. I do not have a photo for this book. I believe when I got to the end I had a few books that were blank and I just drew something into them. This is one of those.

That said, HAmistoso guessed that it was this book.

And it's so damn close that I think he deserves credit for this amazing effort. It was so close I could have lied and said it was correct instead of admitting that I was just too lazy to find another book.
Post 130 IP   flag post

Another that I don't believe anyone got right...

Post 131 IP   flag post
Another that I think was a victim of incomplete inking. My apologies.

Post 132 IP   flag post
Another I'm filing in the IDK box. I can't find a photo of a book that goes with it.
If I winged it on this one, I feel like I did a better job than I did on the one with the car. lol

Post 133 IP   flag post
I don't believe anyone got this one, but I may be wrong. If you didn't, it was a fastball.

Post 134 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts - I guessed the CA 117 for BB3. Here’s what I put for your IDK.

Post 135 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Another I'm filing in the IDK box. I can't find a photo of a book that goes with it.
If I winged it on this one, I feel like I did a better job than I did on the one with the car. lol

Kind of looks like Marvel Comics #1
Post 136 IP   flag post
@esaravo @flanders Both good guesses, but I can't find evidence to confirm.
Post 137 IP   flag post
I don't remember if anyone got this one right. Probably did, though.

Post 138 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I don't believe anyone got this one, but I may be wrong. If you didn't, it was a fastball.

I had this one earlier in this thread, but didn't submit an entry. I had about 20 of them and I knew it wouldn't be close.
Post 139 IP   flag post
And with that, this event is concluded.

This weekend I'll post pictures of the valuable booty that will be sent to our three brainy contestants!

Until then, here are all the answers, just in case I missed a few.

Post 140 IP   flag post
Anyone else get Pitt #1 right?
Post 141 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders

This was one of my revisions @flanders after seeing the cover posted in another thread on the Forum.
Post 142 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
I tried to figure it out... but I give up... Im going back to pong. Have fun everyone!
Post 143 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAmistoso
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders

This was one of my revisions @flanders after seeing the cover posted in another thread on the Forum.

ditto.
Post 144 IP   flag post
Time for the prize ceremony!

HAmistoso is taking home 3rd place!

Post 145 IP   flag post
Second place goes to HulkSmash!

Post 146 IP   flag post
And the winner of the Ripped Cover Contest... esaravo!

Post 147 IP   flag post
Winners, please PM your address to me and I'll get the books to you. If you want to submit them to CBCS, just create the invoice and PM me the invoice number.

Thanks again to everyone who entered, encouraged, and especially those who supported the launch of Ripped on Kickstarter! Without you, this would have never happened!

And with that... Prepare yourself for RIPPED #2!
Coming soon to Kickstarter!
Post 148 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Post 149 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Congratulations Ed!
Post 150 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone know how to remove sharpie from comics? 😝

Thanks Steve.
Post 151 IP   flag post
@HulkSmash - Congratulations to you and @HAmistoso too! It was a tough contest, but lots of fun.
Post 152 IP   flag post
Got my prize today! Thanks Steve!

Post 153 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo

Shouldn't that be slabbed
Post 154 IP   flag post
@esaravo Gald it made it safely. Thank you so much for participating in the contest! I had a good time doing it!
Post 155 IP   flag post
598018 155 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?