Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkArt Sketch CoversComics Modern AgeSignatures

The RIPPED Cover Game19225

CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Let's play a different kind of cover game.

In the first issue of the hit new superhero comic, RIPPED, Gary and Tommy visit their home away from home; Legendary Comics.

When they walk in, you see Darin standing in front of the wall books. You may or may not know it but every single book on the wall is a parody cover of an actual comic book. Below, I will post close up pics of the panels from that page, just the inked artwork to make it easier.

The rules of this game are simple. Who can guess the most comics correctly?
Do not post your guesses here! Guesses are to be emailed to me at ripped@imaginationinx.com
In the event of a tie, the winner will be the person who sent their email first.

The contest will end on March 8th at 7pm Central Time. As soon as the numbers can be tallied, a winner will be announced.

But if there is a winner, there MUST be a prize! What will it be?

Notoriety? Ahhh... The sweet, sweet taste of victory. Bragging rights. The smoting of fellow contestants. What could be better than that?

How about a base set of the Ripped #1 variants? Cover A, the Action #1 variant, and the Mask #2 variant. ALL THREE BOOKS will be signed AND have a spiffy little remarque.
And if that's not enough, how about a full color sketch cover of your choice of a single character who appeared in Ripped #1. (We're talking physical appearances, there will be absolutely no Booger Red sketches until his appearance in a future issue.)
Four great books in total to the champion! As well as the aforementioned notoriety!

Your guesses need to be made using a grid system similar to Battleship, such as A1 = GI Joe #21
See? You've already been given the answer to the first book; it's your turn to figure out the rest.

Some of these will be easy, some will be hard, others will be impossible. Just do your best!

This contest will run on the CBCS Forum as well as on the Ripped Comics Facebook page, so sharpen your pencils and put your thinking caps on!

Now, on to the photos!

Pic #1: The entire wall of comics...

Pic #2: Left side closeup...

Pic #3: Right side closeup...

Pic #4, Center wall full detail...

Remember, don't post your guesses publicly. Email them to me at ripped@imaginationinx.com
Good luck, contestants! May your own Unique superpower be the gift of guessing!
Post 1 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Great idea! I'm having a lot of fun with this.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
If there happened to be a duplicate; letโ€™s say two looked similar and perhaps 1 were less defined than the other; and they were in fact intentionally the same would those both be counted or would they be considered 1?
Post 3 IP   flag post
@HulkSmash There are no duplicates, but having given them a closer look last night when I posted the pictures, there are a few that are very similar, or at least a few that could be concluded as the same cover.

My suggestion is to put the same cover in for the two in hopes one of them will be correct, but keep studying because there are no dupes.
Post 4 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I sent in my answers.

Fun game!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
@GAC

Post 6 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts ๐Ÿป Thanks!
Post 7 IP   flag post
And for the record. this page took me like an entire weekend to complete. A lot of research went into that wall of comics. lol
Post 8 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
I have set foot in the arena.

Post 9 IP   flag post

Post 10 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user

Post 11 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
FIVE STAGES OF PLAYING THE RIPPED COVER GAME:

Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash

Post 13 IP   flag post
Hey, everyone! There are only FOUR days remaining in the great RIPPED Comic Cover Contest, and I wanted to drop in with an update and a BONUS OFFER for you all!

I appreciate each and everyone who has sent in an entry to the contest. I am going to extend the prize pool by offering additional prizes for a SECOND and THIRD place finish!

If you finish in THIRD PLACE, you will receive a printed copy of RIPPED #1 base Cover A, again, signed and remarqued! The SECOND PLACE entry eill receive YOUR CHOICE of RIPPED #1 with either the standard Action Comics #1 Homage Cover or the Mask Comics #2 Homage Cover, also signed and remarqued!

You may be saying to yourself, "That's all well and good, Steve, but I can't get any of these covers correct, much less compete with these Super Nerds!" To that, I extend the offer a prize to EVERYONE who enters the contest! Regardless if you get a single book correct or not, you will receive a link that allows you to download a digital PDF of RIPPED #1!

That's right! Just send an email to ripped@imaginationinx.com and request your digital copy of RIPPED #1! I am so excited about my new comic and want everyone to read it!

Read it! If you like it, join us when issue #2 launches on Kickstarter! I'm hoping that campaign will happen around the end of April 2023! That's not much longer to wait!

I'm looking forward to seeing more entries over the coming days. Even if you've already sent in an entry and you've figured out a few more of the covers, feel free to revise your submission with a new email. I say that as a hint, as there are some entries that are very close! The competition here is FIERCE!

Best of luck to you all! I'm glad to see those entries from those who picked up RIPPED when it launched, and I can't wait to share the RIPPED UNIVERSE with those wanting to join!
Post 14 IP   flag post
@SteveRicketts would this be sketch cover #6 in play?
Post 15 IP   flag post
@HAmistoso No, that was the Kickstarter exclusive. This one will be appropriately identified as the winner of the contest. The winner will be quite satisfied, to be sure.
Post 16 IP   flag post

Post 17 IP   flag post
Less than 48 hours to go! Plenty of time to put together an entry! There are lots of beautiful prizes to be won!

Email your entry to ripped@imaginationinx.com
Even if you don't want to enter. Just send an email and get a digital copy of RIPPED #1 and you can find out what all the buzz is about!
Post 18 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts - Still stuck on several books. Anyone get all 90 correct yet?
Post 19 IP   flag post
@esaravo speaking for myself...not even close.
Post 20 IP   flag post
@esaravo No, sir. I predict the winner of this contest will not have all of them correct.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
@esaravo No, sir. I predict the winner of this contest will not have all of them correct.

That is good info!!! I gave up on it because I figured someone had got them all already.
Post 22 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O I also predict that the third place winner will have substantially fewer than the first place winner.

...unless you guys are holding out on me and waiting until the last minute. ๐Ÿ˜‚
Post 23 IP   flag post
@SteveRicketts I sent my best guesses
Post 24 IP   flag post
Welcome to the Game @HulkSmash!

Post 25 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I'll be sending my unimpressive list in tonight
Post 26 IP   flag post
@flanders Game Face = ACTIVATED!!! Have a feeling there are quite a few covers in your wheelhouse...

Post 27 IP   flag post
Now we have a GAME!!!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAmistoso
Now we have a GAME!!!
I sense you are somewhat excited about this whole thing.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Post 30 IP   flag post
597972 155 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?