Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS Website updated...19220

would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros
Feel a bit bad for their SMM. Every time they post, things backfire.

I probably shouldn't add fuel to the fire after one has vented, but...

Backfire and someone being an ass are two different things.

Have you read the comments ?
If you had, you'd agree.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
know what would be nice... if they could use my personal FedEx account

I don't know if it would help or not but every return I get I have to either call or send an e-mail to avoid or reverse charges to my account for import brokerage even though these are repair and return items so no brokerage or duties apply.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

I don't know if it would help or not but every return I get I have to either call or send an e-mail to avoid or reverse charges to my account for import brokerage even though these are repair and return items so no brokerage or duties apply.

They can. Go to your profile and add uour fedex acct info. Then when you create a submission, choose your acct as return shipping option.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Quote:

They can. Go to your profile and add uour fedex acct info. Then when you create a submission, choose your acct as return shipping option.

Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Quote:

I'll have to try - I think my last returns were from when the CBCS Canada was still operational - now that it's over I'll try this!!

Thanks!!!
Post 30 IP   flag post

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Website has been updated again. "Pricing" now has its own tab. Now for them to add Magazines to the Pricing dropdown.

Post 31 IP   flag post
This is really perplexing to me…CBCS has once again updated the website grading and pricing sections with…the same information but a different look.

WTF?

Is changing the look of the same info every week a viable marketing tactic? I guess in fairness, i should mention they updated TAT’s also. But still.

Here’s a tactic that might work…Rollout magazine services.😂
Post 32 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
This is from the CBCS Facebook page.

Post 33 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
They also said on Instagram that all backlogs will be cleared by April.

Post 34 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotKeyComics

I think my head is either going to explode or .... my head is going to explode.
Post 35 IP   flag post
So in retrospect, I think I can see the goal here…

-Get the backlog addressed

-Keep updating the website to convey pricing and service level changes/simplifications

-Correct the TAT estimates on the website

?-#Soon as soon as the above reconciled, release the Krake…I mean Magazine encasements!
Post 36 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Quote:

I think my head is either going to explode or .... my head is going to explode.

"IF" they can do this and hold off on any more price increases for at least 12 months will be great improvement.

Now if they can release those magazine slabs like @Scifinator mentioned.
And possibly some new label options. Especially for Pedigree books would be nice.
Post 37 IP   flag post
To the double secret CBCS staffer(s) that peruse the forum, Label Options as @Nearmint97 mentioned…Great. BUT, I for one do not want the look of labels materially changed. Options are fine, but if you make changes, hope you throw in a Legacy option to the current label style. But guessing there wont be any changes soon on this front…hopefully.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
I have a stupid question. I don’t remember exactly how it was before as don’t have books valued in the tens of thousands or millions.

I noticed in the new pricing tiers are capped at a max value of $7k then step up to Premium with no max value for $200. CGC still offers Walkthrough with no max value at a 3% of FMV cost. On the CBCS form I entered AC 1 with an insured value of $1M and my grading cost was $200.

Is this an error on CBCS pricing or are they short changing themselves to get super books in CBCS slabs?
Post 39 IP   flag post
@HulkSmash - I don’t believe it is an error. I believe it is a calculated effort by CBCS to grade an increased percentage of the higher value comics. And, if they take in too many or take too much of that business away from cgc, then either CBCS can increase the price and or cgc will lower theirs.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Quote:

Customer service confirmed this is the goal to accomplish.
Go-Go-Gadget.....
Post 41 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Quote:

Customer service confirmed this is the goal to accomplish.
Go-Go-Gadget.....

Mid-April in Plano

Post 42 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
just like the magazine slab announcements, it should be noted that no year was mentioned, just assumed.
😎🤣
Post 43 IP   flag post
@HulkSmash That's too funny, well not really, that's my ASM 300 hanging out of that window.. DOH!!!
Post 44 IP   flag post
The have yet again updated the look of the now "Pricing & Turnaround Times" site/tab. At this point, I suspect that they might be posting different looks in order to elicit feedback on which might be easiest to comprehend or flows better.

Direct Link to Pricing & Turnaround Times Page
Post 45 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
It certainly looks more appealing. However, I still haven't forgotten the multiple times I've submitted with an expectation of a 6-12 week turnaround and waited 6 months or longer for my books. I'll definitely submit some magazines though when they come out. I hope the faster turnaround times in both pressing and grading don't result in a reduction in quality and accuracy, as it has at CGC.
Post 46 IP   flag post
I have a feeling that for the time being I'll be handing books off at conventions - all depends who is there CBCS or CGC
It will also mean only 1 or 2 submissions a year
Post 47 IP   flag post
We are getting pretty close to #Soon as I have found yet another clue with a website change...

Post 48 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
It certainly looks more appealing. However, I still haven't forgotten the multiple times I've submitted with an expectation of a 6-12 week turnaround and waited 6 months or longer for my books. I'll definitely submit some magazines though when they come out. I hope the faster turnaround times in both pressing and grading don't result in a reduction in quality and accuracy, as it has at CGC.

Yea, my first submission had a stated 17 week turnaround that turned into 51 actual. Quite a let down. Then waited a long time for mags when they started talking about it and after a couple years finally just ended up sending the stack to CGC.

They do good work, ultimately, so I hope they get a handle on things. Mostly at acknowledging customer calls/emails.
Post 49 IP   flag post
601468 49 24
This topic is archived. Start new topic?