Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Darkman 1 1990 Marvel FMV?19205

Collector Briten private msg quote post Address this user
Can anyone tell me what the FMV is for Darkman 1 in a 9.8? Thanks.
Post 1 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
GPA says $200 and falling for newsstand, not much for direct.
Post 2 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Very underrated movie, though.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@figment thanks. Much appreciated.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@DWeeB1967 I was sick when the movie hit VHS and my dad rented it so I could have something to do. The part that really creeped me out was when he bent the carnies fingers the wrong way. Cringe.
Post 5 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@Briten Yea, Durant is a really good baddie.

The funniest thing (in the interesting sense) to me about him was that Larry Drake, the actor who played Durant, had won two Emmys just a couple of years before playing a mentally challenged character on "L.A. Law." So "Darkman" was the first movie where people saw him play 1) a non-mentally challenged person and 2) a character who was pure evil... and he was excellent.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector SidTheSquid private msg quote post Address this user
I'd do $150 shipped on this one, if you're looking to buy...
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
GPA says $200 and falling for newsstand, not much for direct.

If it ever gets a reboot, directs will hit around $450 IMHO.

This movie does have a cult following but yeah, currently it’s not much to swoon over as far as profiting from pressing/slabbing.

Still worth it, if you press your own books and prescreen for 9.8’s.

That’s what I love about coppers, you can buy books like this out of $1 boxes - but you have to know how to predict grades and press them yourself-

Otherwise if you sink pressing and slabbing costs into a book and get back a 9.4/9.6- you’ll probably be in the red.

A 9.6 is probably $50-$75 shipped-depending how long you want to wait, priority is around $12 and taxes/eBay fees would be around $18.

So a 9.6 or less, would cost you money…that’s not even including the time you spent pressing the book.

This is why I usually just put books like this in “to be pressed” stacks and forget about them until I can sub them at a con that (CGC or CBCS are at )accepts books for grading like Baltimore. 😂 hhhh
Post 8 IP   flag post
600771 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?