Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSPComics MagazinesSignatures

Latest CBCS Submission19193

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte

They created a separate invoice for the 5 magazines that I already submitted in April so that is a good sign I guess.

With that said it is a leao of faith.

Most of them are signed so at least the witnessed signatures will be recognized under ASP when CBVS does get up to speed on magazines.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Done filling out forms for today.

Only 600 books left to go.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos
Take care and watch out for carpal tunnel. I suspect you are at risk...
Post 28 IP   flag post
Down to the last 303 books left to enter.

Only 50 of those get to go on the zero percent credit card.

The rest will go to a card I pay off monthly.

Entering all of this data is exhausting.
Post 29 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
still waiting for comics to finish heatsealing. I guess dont realize how long it takes as I saw they were on last submission the day before it finished. but still fingers crossed get them back this week
Post 30 IP   flag post

@power_struggle55
I remember a submission of mine being on HeatSeal for quite a while (over a week, maybe two weeks), but that was also one of my bigger submissions.
Post 31 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@power_struggle55
I remember a submission of mine being on HeatSeal for quite a while (over a week, maybe two weeks), but that was also one of my bigger submissions.

its 3 comics. But Im in no rush. its already moving much fast then the last submission. until last week. I was expecting closer to June not possibly early march (and if it comes before the 6th...birthday gift for me)
Post 32 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55
still waiting for comics to finish heatsealing. I guess dont realize how long it takes as I saw they were on last submission the day before it finished. but still fingers crossed get them back this week

There seems to be a bit of a jam at Heat Seal at the moment.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Down to the last 130 books.

Almost done!
Post 34 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55

There seems to be a bit of a jam at Heat Seal at the moment.

even if so. the status moved a lot quicker then expected. i was expecting june the earliest for any update.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Just came back from lunch.

All of the forms were filled out as of 1PM today.

A lot of elbow grease but quicker than I thought it would be with so many signatures.

Dropping everything off with my presser tomorrow.
Post 36 IP   flag post
All of the books and magazines are loaded up into 11 CGC boxes with lids on my living room floor.

When it stops snowing they go to my presser.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
All of the books and magazines are loaded up into 11 CGC boxes with lids on my living room floor.

When it stops snowing they go to my presser.

I’m curious as to the percentage breakdown of books you sub to CBCS and CGC.

I’ve always subbed primarily to CGC, and occasionally to CBCS.

I don’t sub nearly as man books for grading as you do, but if I had to assign a guesstimate percentage, it’d probably be around 95% to CGC and 5% to CBCS.

Most subs of mine to CBCS are pre-1975 books.

For unwitnessed sigs, they would all likely go to CBCS for verification, regardless of era.

Only had 1 book subbed for verification- ASM 298 years ago.

Only 2 raw signed books I have are an infinity gauntlet 1 (store stamp on back, definitely legit) and a spider man 1 (also store stamp on back cover, so legit).

Both will pull 9.8’s, just not in a rush to sub them
Post 38 IP   flag post
@ComicHoarder CgC got my Strange Tales 110. Otherwise I just used them for signings with McFarlane and Robert Downey Jr.

CBVS gets almost everything.

The vast majority of this submission has one or more signatures.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector consumetheliving private msg quote post Address this user
Has the express option been removed recently? I was going to build a sub and noticed that the option isn't available.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by consumetheliving
Has the express option been removed recently? I was going to build a sub and noticed that the option isn't available.

I can see it when I look at 'pricing,' but I haven't tried filling out a submission form lately. Is it not showing on there?
Post 41 IP   flag post
3 comics got shipped. 2 of the 3 were as expected if not better. 1...I guess being stuffed in a box took its toll. but happy

Saban's Go Go Power Rangers #8 9.8
amazing spider-man #365 9.2
Amazing spider-man (2014) #4 8.0

I am fine with the grades. even the 8.0. i have no plans to sell (they are investments) comic I thought was better. so will still look nice slabbed

fedex tracking says sunday by end of the day. which is perfect as monday is birthday and sunday seeing family to visit. pick up comic like last time (had it shipped to parents condo where concierege signs for it)
Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Happy to get an email today that my books have been shipped out.😀
Post 43 IP   flag post
Looks like I git this in just under the wire.

I just created an invoice for the six books I had accidentally omitted and it looks like fees have gone up again.

Thank God I entered the other 1504 books before the change.
Post 44 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Eggs, Gas, and CBCS. Sounds like it could lead to a gastro issue
Post 45 IP   flag post
One book got destroyed during pressing so 1,509 books left in the submission.

Presser will have everything ready for pickup on Monday or Tuesday.

Looks like I will be submitting the books on April 17th in Allentown at the Encounter.
Post 46 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
One book got destroyed during pressing

NOOOOOOO!!!
Post 47 IP   flag post
Only six days left until I submit my books.

Currently organizing everything, quite a task.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Car is all loaded up.

Meeting with CBCS bright and early tomorrow.
Post 49 IP   flag post
got my next 4 planned and stored safely away from the others when I submit at heroes con in june:
Infinite Crisis #3 (first app of Jamie Reyes)
Infinite Crisis #5 (first app of him as blue beetle)
Booster Gold vol. #1 (his first appearance. always been one of my favorite dc heroes. with gunn's plan with him. now is a good time to grade it)
Transformers (80s comic) #8 (first full appearance of dino bots in comic)
Post 50 IP   flag post
Mission accomplished!

With two CBCS guys pitching in it only took us just over three hours to get everything done.
Post 51 IP   flag post
597876 51 26
This topic is archived. Start new topic?