Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature VSPSignatures

Notice of when CBCS is not open?19149

Collector FoxBe private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all-
First time submitter here. To test out CBCS’s services, I decided to use an Express Plus Tier because I only had a few signed comics that I was impatient to get back (my first time and all).

While I was happy with the slabs and signature verification, it did not come back in the guaranteed time frame. I emailed for updates and asking about the guarantee, but it took until today for someone to tell me that they closed early on Jan 30 and didn’t open again until Feb 3, when my comics were shipped back. I sent several emails between Feb 3 and today (Feb 14).

I understand the need to close the offices for winter weather, but I was disappointed in not getting any notice either the day of the closure or the day they got back in the office saying “sorry for any inconvenience, but we were closed from Jan 30-Feb 2 and are just getting back in the office today, Feb 3.” Even a tweet mentioning an office closure would’ve been sufficient to understand.

Now that I know that the service itself is solid, I don’t know if I will use the service again, mainly due to lack of customer support.

Sorry for the rant, just wondered if I missed a notice that there was an office closure. If there was and I just missed it, I apologize.

For those wondering, I had signed copies of The Hero Trade, Eight Billion Genies 1 and Mind MGMT 1 Variant that I really didn’t want to wait a long time for!

Thanks all for your time.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, welcome to the forum!
Post 2 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
We were closed because of an ice storm in Dallas. It wasn't scheduled.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
We were closed because of an ice storm in Dallas. It wasn't scheduled.

Thanks, Steve. Maybe I should’ve come to the forums right away to get a response. I understand that it was unscheduled, but giving notice when the storm was over via an email would’ve been sufficient to understand. Or even a tweet, since I did see that tweets were still going out during that time.

Just leaves a sour taste since this was my first time using the service and shelled out extra for Express Plus. Regardless, I sent several emails to Customer Service, but didn’t get a response until today. Between February 3rd and today, zero acknowledgment of my emails.

I guess I’ll get over it, just wish there was a quicker response as opposed to radio silence. I do appreciate your quick response and now if I do decide to use CBCS going forward, I know to post a message here in addition to sending an email.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy49
Hi, welcome to the forum!
Thanks, Andy! If I end up doing more orders through CBCS, I’m sure i’ll be in the forums more often.

Have a good day!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector DPK419 private msg quote post Address this user
@FoxBe Hello & Welcome. Just curious when your books were received by CBCS and when they shipped them back? I also have an express order that has been in received status for almost 4 weeks and haven't shown any signs of movement.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector mpweigl private msg quote post Address this user
Sadly, I will say lack of email response is pretty common. I submitted 3 last may with a 180 tat. They showed moved to encapsulation from grading in October and sat there until December. They then went back into grading and haven't moved since. But 3 I sent in express and got them back just over the tat at the time
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK419
@FoxBe Hello & Welcome. Just curious when your books were received by CBCS and when they shipped them back? I also have an express order that has been in received status for almost 4 weeks and haven't shown any signs of movement.
Day 0 was Wed-Jan 25 and it was shipped out Day 7 (Fri-Feb 3). Had I known they were closed for weather, I would’ve adjusted my expectations accordingly. Hopefully this helps!

If I do submit again, I may just do Express since I only have a few more urgent books. I would submit more at regular speed, but knowing that it may take a year or more is crazy. I’ll wait to do larger submissions when TATs are shorter or (GULP) go with CGC since their current turnaround times are pretty quick for regular submissions.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpweigl
Sadly, I will say lack of email response is pretty common. I submitted 3 last may with a 180 tat. They showed moved to encapsulation from grading in October and sat there until December. They then went back into grading and haven't moved since. But 3 I sent in express and got them back just over the tat at the time
glad you got your books! if it was just over the turnaround time, may be worth checking if fell within a closure or if you are due back some money/credit for the grading fees. That’s what “guarantees” are for =)
Post 9 IP   flag post
598034 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?