Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop Culture

The Flash - Official Trailer19132

Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user

Warner Bros. Pictures presents “The Flash,” directed by Andy Muschietti (the “IT” films, “Mama”). Ezra Miller reprises their role as Barry Allen in the DC Super Hero’s first-ever standalone feature film.

Worlds collide in “The Flash” when Barry uses his superpowers to travel back in time in order to change the events of the past. But when his attempt to save his family inadvertently alters the future, Barry becomes trapped in a reality in which General Zod has returned, threatening annihilation, and there are no Super Heroes to turn to. That is, unless Barry can coax a very different Batman out of retirement and rescue an imprisoned Kryptonian… albeit not the one he’s looking for. Ultimately, to save the world that he is in and return to the future that he knows, Barry’s only hope is to race for his life. But will making the ultimate sacrifice be enough to reset the universe?

“The Flash” ensemble also includes rising star Sasha Calle, Michael Shannon (“Bullet Train,” “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice”), Ron Livingston (“Loudermilk,” “The Conjuring”), Maribel Verdú (“Elite,” “Y tu mamá también”), Kiersey Clemons (“Zack Snyder’s Justice League,” “Sweetheart”), Antje Traue (“King of Ravens,” “Man of Steel”) and Michael Keaton (“Spider-Man: Homecoming,” “Batman”).

“The Flash” is produced by Barbara Muschietti (the “IT” films, “Mama”) and Michael Disco (“Rampage,” “San Andreas”). The screenplay is by Christina Hodson (“Birds of Prey,” “Bumblebee”), with a screen story by John Francis Daley & Jonathan Goldstein (“Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves,” “Spider-Man: Homecoming”) and Joby Harold (“Transformers: Rise of the Beasts,” “Army of the Dead”), based on characters from DC. The executive producers
are Toby Emmerich, Walter Hamada, Galen Vaisman and Marianne Jenkins.

Joining director Muschietti behind the camera are director of photography Henry Braham (“Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3,” “The Suicide Squad”), production designer Paul Denham Austerberry (“IT Chapter Two,” “The Shape of Water”), editors Jason Ballantine (the “IT” films, “The Great Gatsby”) and Paul Machliss (“The Gentlemen,” “Baby Driver”), and costume designer Alexandra Byrne (“Doctor Strange,” “Guardians of the Galaxy”); the score is by Benjamin Wallfisch
(“The Invisible Man,” the “IT” films).

Warner Bros. Pictures presents a Double Dream/a Disco Factory production of an Andy Muschietti film, “The Flash.” It will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures and is set to open in theaters in North America on June 16, 2023 and internationally beginning 14 June 2023.
Post 1 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
I'd watch that!
Post 2 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
This looks very good.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
Looks great just wrong Batman.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome
Post 5 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
I have to say, this looks better than most DC movies.
Post 6 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
It looks really good.
I hope they kill Ezra.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Blair1999 private msg quote post Address this user
Ermygerd! Keaton! I am so ... Happy! My teen years are BACK!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair1999
Ermygerd!

Post 9 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
I would pay to see this.
Post 10 IP   flag post
It's chicken Monday. Rush_is_a_band private msg quote post Address this user
I’m excited!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
@comicsforme But it has 3 Batmans!

Can't wait for this!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
It looks good, but I don’t know how many times I can see Barry Allen screw up multi universe timelines. I’m also glad Keaton is back!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
I’m also glad Keaton is back!

I'll second that! I still remember how surprised I was by his great performance as Batman.
Post 14 IP   flag post
What struck me is how the story is the focus in the trailer. Unlike most recent trailers the compelling part is “what’s going on?” Makes sense given the director and prior works.

Compare to the recent GOTG3 or Ant Man movie trailers that were more focused on humor and, ahem, flash.

I know Gunn needs to play company man a bit but I get the feeling he was genuine in his praise here.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
It would be nice if they had geriatric theatres that had multiple intermissions during such long films so that I wouldn't have to risk missing some important scenes with my much needed bathroom breaks due to the combination of being middle aged and on a diuretic. I may still see this in theatres since I haven't gone to one in years.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Watching the ad I thought it was a Batman movie I hadn’t heard about, odd they named it “the Flash”.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
It would be nice if they had geriatric theatres that had multiple intermissions during such long films so that I wouldn't have to risk missing some important scenes with my much needed bathroom breaks due to the combination of being middle aged and on a diuretic. I may still see this in theatres since I haven't gone to one in years.

I haven’t gone to a theater in years as well and this may convince me. Likely not… mainly because while I have high hopes for a great movie, I don’t find Miller compelling as a lead.
Post 18 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
It's too bad that this looks great.
Post 19 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
It's too bad that this looks great.

it definitely looks...

Post 20 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotKeyComics

I hope they kill Ezra.

That's rather harsh.
Too late though. He took a plea deal.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
Watching the ad I thought it was a Batman movie I hadn’t heard about, odd they named it “the Flash”.
it’s a more attractive title than “Barry Allen f’d up as usual only this time it’s far worse and Batman’s and Superman have to save his ass along with the entire universe(s)”
Post 22 IP   flag post
The more preview coverage I see on this movie, the more excited I am to see it. Haven’t anticipated a superhero movie this much since End Game.

I wonder how much editing / rewriting work was done to transition to the new DC vision through the movie. How that’s going to be treated (if at all) adds a bizarre layer to all this…
Post 23 IP   flag post
600782 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?