CBCS 15% Off Discount Code: CBCSVD19121

Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafel
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Is everyone marking the outside of the box vintage? If not, it leads me to wonder why my December submission still isn't "received".

Why would we do that? Wouldn't that give thieves an advantage as to "what's in the box"? I wrote the code on my order form (yes, I'm old school and use their order forms) and can't CBCS write on the package the discount code? I think CBCS should let everyone know (by email or on their site) "Any submission(s) between these two dates will get the discount.
Oh, ok. Pardon my stupidity.

You did happen to prove my point as to why earlier subs haven't been marked.

Nothing to be sorry about. It's just brain storming going on here, but the answer is pretty simple in my opinion. Let CBCS right on all incoming submissions the date and if it falls between two dates you get the discount. It'll save time and any confusion.
Post 76 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
If my books above come back without any concerns, this will be my next batch. 15% off + speedy TATs....good deal!

Added 3 books to possible 2nd submission.

swapped 1 book and added 1 book to make an even 10 books for my next submission. I will ship out in the next couple of days.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user

This order was received by CBCS on May 1st. Looking forward to getting these back soon. Plan to send out about 10-12 more moderns before the March deadline for the 15% off special. Here is the email I received from them recently.
Post 78 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianGreensnips Great news.

It seems like we're seeing more reports in the forum of folks finally getting updates/forward progress (or even receiving the books themselves) on books that CBCS has had in their possession for far too long. Let's hope that this is an indication that 1) they are making progress on lowering TATs all around and 2) they are at least trying to be more communicative with their customers.

Fingers crossed. 🤞
Post 79 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Grade Guesses

These books are flying through the network.....Heat Seal appears complete....Shipping out soon.

Next batch of books are packaged and ready to go out today or tomorrow.
Post 80 IP   flag post

You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC That's excellent. Still in QC for mine. I'm hoping they move forward a bit in the next day or so.
Post 81 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Grade Guesses

These books are flying through the network.....Heat Seal appears complete....Shipping out soon.

Post 82 IP   flag post
These books went out to CBCS today.

Post 83 IP   flag post
I sent this along with my books above....hopefully they'll correct the label.

Post 84 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC
That label cracks me up. I'd be tempted to keep it for the comedy potential alone, though I'll admit that label errors aren't usually my thing.
Post 85 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@GAC
That label cracks me up. I'd be tempted to keep it for the comedy potential alone, though I'll admit that label errors aren't usually my thing.

lol!! I did consider it. 🍻
Post 86 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Grade Guesses

Superfast service!!!

Pretty much what I expected except for FF33.

Green Lantern #85 7.0
Fantastic Four #36 3.0
Fantastic Four #33 0.5 Trainwreck!
Daredevil #4 3.5
Daredevil #3 4.0
Post 87 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC I'm guessing you missed a little something. Been there.

My order was received and I'll be damned, the 15% discount was applied. Paid for pressing too, so I should see them back eventually.
Post 88 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
@GAC I'm guessing you missed a little something. Been there.

My order was received and I'll be damned, the 15% discount was applied. Paid for pressing too, so I should see them back eventually.

Yup...definitely missed something! lol!

Pressing TATs are still insane I take it. Hopefully it won't be too too long.
Post 89 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Oh no! The cover is clearly intact. Page missing, I take it?
Post 90 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Grade Guesses

Superfast service!!!

Pretty much what I expected except for FF33.

Green Lantern #85 7.0
Fantastic Four #36 3.0
Daredevil #4 3.5
Daredevil #3 4.0

Received to Shipped in 11 calendar days.
Post 91 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Oh no! The cover is clearly intact. Page missing, I take it?

Correct....I thought I checked the book (all my books) when I bought it....several years ago....clearly I did not...lol.

Notes:
12th page missing, does not affect story. INCOMPLETE. 5th page detached with tape stains on 4th, 5th & 6th page
spine stress, wear, creases & stains to cover
Post 92 IP   flag post
@GAC
That scenario sounds so familiar. Same thing happened with a Tomb of Dracula #13. I thought it was good to go and it ended up with an advertisement page missing. Banged my head on the wall a few times and moved on.
Post 93 IP   flag post
My order is still in QC and has been all week. With all that time required to QC 15 books I hope they get everything right. 🙂
Post 94 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Taking advantage of this, recently decided to put together a mini cross publisher bronze horror collection. Think they will all look good in CBCS slabs together as a sub category in my stash of mostly golden age.

First box of 5 books in the mail today to CBCS.
Post 95 IP   flag post
Just got an email letting me know that my submission is complete and ready for shipping. Woo-hoo!!
Post 96 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
These books went out to CBCS today. (February 27, 2023)

Delivered today (March 6, 2023).

Should hit Received status by March 13, 2023.
Post 97 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Hmmmmmm...new reduced pricing on pressing has me re-considering this promo......
Do I send books at all - have some decent expenses on the way
or..do I send for PC or for MCS pickup and sale??
Post 98 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Post 99 IP   flag post
Mine should be delivered to the local Walgreen's today and I'll pick them up after work. Time permitting, I'll post pictures and comments tonight. I've already cheated and seen the received grades. 🙂
Post 100 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I know it's common for businesses to mark up prices before announcing black friday and other discounts, but it seems like a low blow from CBCS to mark up the grading costs shortly after this discount was announced. They seem to be making a lot of impulsive decisions rather than having a clear vision for the future.
Post 101 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@DWeeB1967 I always look at the grades...

@flanders Yep. Bad business decisions based on greed..
Post 102 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Post 103 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
I know it's common for businesses to mark up prices before announcing black friday and other discounts, but it seems like a low blow from CBCS to mark up the grading costs shortly after this discount was announced. They seem to be making a lot of impulsive decisions rather than having a clear vision for the future.

They better be careful and not price themselves out of the market.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
I just got an order of 13 books back. 9 had scratched or scuffed cases.

First time having an issue like this...

Hopefully this isn't prices going up and quality going down...
Post 105 IP   flag post
601275 201 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?