Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS 15% Off Discount Code: CBCSVD19121

Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Great books!! I love the Kirby art work!! So much talent behind the pencil.
Post 51 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Our vintage book orders were graded and at Heat Seal five business days after being received.
Post 52 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 53 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Still GRADING for mine.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Still GRADING for mine.

Mine are still in "Processing" since June of 2022.
Post 55 IP   flag post

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafel
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Still GRADING for mine.

Mine are still in "Processing" since June of 2022.

What tier? Modern still has long TATs. Vintage is fast.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Mine from May 2022 is in "received" now. There's just one, very lonely book in that submission.
Post 57 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
I spoke too soon. I literally just got an email... I'm in QC now, baby!!!
Post 58 IP   flag post

My poor, lonely book...
Post 59 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
If my books above come back without any concerns, this will be my next batch. 15% off + speedy TATs....good deal!

Added 3 books to possible 2nd submission.

Post 60 IP   flag post
I'm debating sending in a second vintage submission, too. The first was mostly books that will stay in my PC. If I submit more they'd probably be sell/trade books. Decisions, decisions. 🤔
Post 61 IP   flag post
@DWeeB1967 I'm waiting for my current submission to ship before I send my 2nd one. My submission went from Received to Heat Seal in approximately 6 days.....hopefully it ships in the next few days/weeks.
Post 62 IP   flag post
@GAC Yea I'm thinking the same thing... wait until the first submission ships back to me before submit the second.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Collector Silversorrow private msg quote post Address this user
I know this promotion end on the last day of March, but does that mean the submissions have to be at CBCS by that day, or postmarked by that day, or just have the submission filled out on the website by that day?
Post 64 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
In the past I think it was postmarked. But I would aim to have it tbere at their location given you have plenty of time
Post 65 IP   flag post
Collector Silversorrow private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
In the past I think it was postmarked. But I would aim to have it tbere at their location given you have plenty of time
Well I have 3 comics out for pressing atm and I don't know if I'll get them back in time or not. That's why I'm asking.
Post 66 IP   flag post
@Silversorrow I can't say for certain but it makes sense to me that the deadline refers to postmark. Previous discount code deadlines were postmark date.
Post 67 IP   flag post
@Silversorrow
I've sent books in under the wire in the past - as in the deadline date on the postmark - and they were discounted. No problem.
Post 68 IP   flag post
Just put our submission together for the CBCSVD discount. My guess is that they're all between 3.0 and 6.0 as is probably average. Nothing super special, but we like them.

Adventures of Bob Hope #67
G.I. Combat #86
House of Mystery #108
House of Secrets #42
Journey Into Mystery #66
Kid Colt Outlaw #97
My Greatest Adventure #53
Mystery in Space #66
Peanuts #8
Strange Tales #82
Tales of Suspense #15
Tales of The Unexpected #59
Tales To Astonish #17
Post 69 IP   flag post
@figment
Those are some nice books! I definitely want to see some photos when you get them back.
Post 70 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@figment
Those are some nice books! I definitely want to see some photos when you get them back.

Thanks, I will definitely post pictures. I had some of the DC hero books from that same period, but they didn't hold my interest and got gone a while ago.
Post 71 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Is everyone marking the outside of the box vintage? If not, it leads me to wonder why my December submission still isn't "received".
Post 72 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Is everyone marking the outside of the box vintage? If not, it leads me to wonder why my December submission still isn't "received".
I didn't.
Post 73 IP   flag post
Quote:

Why would we do that? Wouldn't that give thieves an advantage as to "what's in the box"? I wrote the code on my order form (yes, I'm old school and use their order forms) and can't CBCS write on the package the discount code? I think CBCS should let everyone know (by email or on their site) "Any submission(s) between these two dates will get the discount.
Post 74 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Why would we do that? Wouldn't that give thieves an advantage as to "what's in the box"? I wrote the code on my order form (yes, I'm old school and use their order forms) and can't CBCS write on the package the discount code? I think CBCS should let everyone know (by email or on their site) "Any submission(s) between these two dates will get the discount.
Oh, ok. Pardon my stupidity.

You did happen to prove my point as to why earlier subs haven't been marked.
Post 75 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oh, ok. Pardon my stupidity.

You did happen to prove my point as to why earlier subs haven't been marked.

Nothing to be sorry about. It's just brain storming going on here, but the answer is pretty simple in my opinion. Let CBCS right on all incoming submissions the date and if it falls between two dates you get the discount. It'll save time and any confusion.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
If my books above come back without any concerns, this will be my next batch. 15% off + speedy TATs....good deal!

Added 3 books to possible 2nd submission.

swapped 1 book and added 1 book to make an even 10 books for my next submission. I will ship out in the next couple of days.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user

This order was received by CBCS on May 1st. Looking forward to getting these back soon. Plan to send out about 10-12 more moderns before the March deadline for the 15% off special. Here is the email I received from them recently.
Post 78 IP   flag post
@BrianGreensnips Great news.

It seems like we're seeing more reports in the forum of folks finally getting updates/forward progress (or even receiving the books themselves) on books that CBCS has had in their possession for far too long. Let's hope that this is an indication that 1) they are making progress on lowering TATs all around and 2) they are at least trying to be more communicative with their customers.

Fingers crossed. 🤞
Post 79 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Grade Guesses

These books are flying through the network.....Heat Seal appears complete....Shipping out soon.

Next batch of books are packaged and ready to go out today or tomorrow.
Post 80 IP   flag post
597977 201 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?