Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS 15% Off Discount Code: CBCSVD19121

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
5 Book Submission Minimum

Post 1 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Considering sending these books in.

Post 2 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC
Nice books! I'll have to put some thought into what I'll be sending in...
Post 3 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd Thanks!

I believe the TATs for the Vintage (regular) tier is 40 days.....I hope this is correct.

Can anyone confirm this?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@Byrdibyrd Thanks!

I believe the TATs for the Vintage (regular) tier is 40 days.....I hope this is correct.

Can anyone confirm this?

I was just looking, and I saw 40 days, too.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@Byrdibyrd Thanks!

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks!!! I'll be sending those books in then.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@Byrdibyrd Thanks!

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks!!! I'll be sending those books in then.

I think I'll be sending some in in a few weeks. I need to time things so I don't get finished books heading my way while I'm still out of the country on my April Japan trip.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector enaz13 private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC I haven't looked at the exact times it took but my last two orders with only vintage books did arrive way faster then my modern orders.
Post 8 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS stated a 40-day current TAT for Vintage just a couple of days ago on their Instagram account.

Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Element_Lad private msg quote post Address this user
Great, this comes out a couple hours after I just boxed up an order. Of course!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Element_Lad
Great, this comes out a couple hours after I just boxed up an order. Of course!

Same here. 😠😠
Post 11 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I know paid membership expires/disappears March 31st, but have member prices already disappeared (I don’t think they are listed anymore)? So would the discount be on the $40 standard price for the Vintage tier, and not on the member price? Or do we still get the member discount of $36, and receive an additional 15% off on that price?
Post 12 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo I added a Vintage Plus book in addition to a Vintage book and the prices were $72 and $36 respectively. However when I go to check out, the promo code box is grayed out with "Disclaimer: Only one discount per order, not applicable for dealers or member discounts." So it looks like it is only good for people who didn't pay for memberships. Strikes me as odd when all previous promos applied to both paid and unpaid memberships.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley - So if you paid extra for a membership, you will actually pay more than a nonmember that is able to use the discount code? Yeah, that makes perfect sense.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Sometimes I wonder how CBCS makes business decisions...

Post 15 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley - If you submit an order, I would still write the CBCSVD code on the Submission Form and ask for the discount. Seems completely asinine that members would have to pay more when there’s a special offer.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Studley_Dudley - If you submit an order, I would still write the CBCSVD code on the Submission Form and ask for the discount. Seems completely asinine that members would have to pay more when there’s a special offer.

In seriousness, I wonder now about the discontinuation of the paid memberships and whether we get a prorated refund if we have that. That might be another matter to take up with Dallas.

Anyways, maybe the discounts that CBCS ran over the last few years (2020-2021 seemed to be the main time frame) received an overwhelmingly positive reaction that CBCS decided to do away with paid memberships and relaunch as unpaid memberships while using quarterly or semi-annual discount codes to drum up some submission numbers. Anecdotally it seemed like more people were submitting when the promo codes were more prevalent. Just a thought.

I'm still going to sharpie the promo code on the submission form because it is silly that the people who pay for the membership get the short end of the stick on a special promo.
Post 17 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
My question is when will magazines be available?
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte

What I looked like when CBCS announced they were going to be able to slab magazines soon.

Me today, still waiting.

Post 19 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Geeze the thing is you prolly aren't kidding.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

What I looked like when CBCS announced they were going to be able to slab magazines soon.

Me today, still waiting.

Time served or parole? 😝
Post 21 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Even though I have vintage books that should be graded...I really need to think hard about CBCS for anything other than VSP...
Post 22 IP   flag post
@KatKomics Vintage books have a 40 day TAT.
Post 23 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Me today, still waiting.

I bet I lost more hair.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Boxed up and on the way to the post office tomorrow.

Post 25 IP   flag post

Boxed up and on the way to the post office tomorrow.
Post 26 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Yep, same here, @GAC. I've got a stack of books boxed up and ready to be shipped tomorrow

Swamp Thing 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9x2, 10x2
Justice League of America 21
Showcase 64
Strange Tales 168, 169
Two-Fisted Tales 35
Post 27 IP   flag post
@GAC
Those are some pretty sweet books. I still need to decide what I'm sending in. At least I have a little time!
Post 28 IP   flag post
@DWeeB1967
Wow, more nice books! Jealous!
Post 29 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@KatKomics Vintage books have a 40 day TAT.

it's no longer just the TAT holding me back

we can all agree it's a better case....but BETA was better than VHS and manual transmission still gets better mileage than automatic... 'better' doesn't necessarily mean people will choose your product

Immediate future for me is little to no books being sent and the few I am sending are to the other guys. I'll have to wait and see if anything will move the dial for me..but 15% off and 40 TAT don't seem to be peaking my interest right now...who knows....give it a week - maybe I'll change my mind???
Post 30 IP   flag post
601460 201 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?