Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS 15% Off Discount Code: CBCSVD19121

Collector Surf75 private msg quote post Address this user
Well after 8, 9 months of being kept away by the heavy turnaround and stray lost book stories, decided to take the plunge.

The CBCS posts about the 'new practices' on FB coupled with the promo code got me to make a move. Had some issue locating the promo code field during online submission but I included it on the invoice, hopefully it gets applied.

No express, no press, no signature verification. Standard grading, mix of modern and vintage. Curious about the Wonder Woman, Amazing and Sonic as those imo are Fine+. Dropped of my box at the post office 3/30. Lookin forward to it for sure.

Post 176 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@Surf75
Nice books! Jealous of your TMNT Adventures #1 newsstand.
Post 177 IP   flag post
Collector Surf75 private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd Right on. Presents super well but it has a stain through about 5 pages in the middle (D'oh!!) I didn't notice till too late. Damn shame too, hadn't opened it since early 90s.
Post 178 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@Surf75
Bummer on that stain! It's still a worthy book, though.
Post 179 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
Trying my hand at pressing and grading again. The discount helps cover shipping and insurance. Some of these are pretty beat up, but they are for my PC.

Post 180 IP   flag post

Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Next Promo for Signature Verification??
Post 181 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
@jake I’d take those “beat up” X-men any day👍🏻
Post 182 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
@jake I’d take those “beat up” X-men any day👍🏻

Or that 1st Sinestro. 👍
Post 183 IP   flag post
@HulkSmash For sure. One of my long term goals is to get an early X-men run. To cost prohibitive, but I’ll do as much as I possibly can.

@DWeeB1967 Another long term goal, getting as much of my GL favorites as long as DC keeps churning out the mehs and flops. I do think that they will start turn things around at some point.
Post 184 IP   flag post
@KatKomics I don’t know but I have a bunch of Claremont’s and Mignola’s to get verified. I know that they are legit since I was there, but not sure if they are worth the cost, due to market value.
Post 185 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@jake Hey Jake...I have these silverage GL's for trade if you're interested. Let me know. 🍻.

Post 186 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
My six book order hit grading today.
Post 187 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
My 10 just hit pressing yesterday. The last batch I sent in (for my PC) I just had graded and that's it. I got those back so quickly that I sent in another batch of future trade/sale books and had them pressed before grading. We'll see how it goes.
Post 188 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
what are the odds of CBCS offering a new discount code this month?
Post 189 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Probably decent since their modern prices are currently around the same as CGC and the turnaround might be a bit longer. They need to do something to stay competitive.

Edit: CBCS does have a great idea in trying to attract books with FMV>400 though. CGC's tier is more than double CBCS for grading books up to $1000.

Post 190 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Edit:
Post 191 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad seconds before I edited the post .
Post 192 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
I dropped off books for signature verification and grading over 9 working days ago, and they are still not marked as received. This is very unusual as I dropped them off at a Con so as not to risk damaging/losing them in the mail. What the heck?! did anyone else drop off books at WonderCon? have they been marked as received? Just wondering where I stand.
Post 193 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I checked my Invoice this morning and it said “Labels.” Just checked again and it’s now saying “Heat seals.”
Post 194 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
I checked my Invoice this morning and it said “Labels.” Just checked again and it’s now saying “Heat seals.”

when did you drop/ship your books off? mine are still not received after over 2 weeks of being dropped off at WonderCon. I know it seems unreasonable to be concerned after only 2 weeks but the guy at the con said it should take about a month for the whole process. Hence my concern.
Post 195 IP   flag post
@sportshort - I shipped six books to CBCS 15 days ago by USPS Priority Mail. Tracking shows they were received and signed for at CBCS 13 days ago. I received an email the next day from CBCS saying they had my books. About 5 or 6 days ago they entered “Grading.”
If you want to see the most up to date information on your submission, you need to go to your CBCS dashboard and find your “Open Orders.” Click on the blue “Order #.” In orange, mine says “Processing” and “Grading.” But when I click on the blue “Print Invoice,” the Invoice says “HeatSeal.” Your Invoice will give you the most current information regarding your order.
Hope that helps.
Post 196 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@sportshort - I shipped six books to CBCS 15 days ago by USPS Priority Mail. Tracking shows they were received and signed for at CBCS 13 days ago. I received an email the next day from CBCS saying they had my books. About 5 or 6 days ago they entered “Grading.”
If you want to see the most up to date information on your submission, you need to go to your CBCS dashboard and find your “Open Orders.” Click on the blue “Order #.” In orange, mine says “Processing” and “Grading.” But when I click on the blue “Print Invoice,” the Invoice says “HeatSeal.” Your Invoice will give you the most current information regarding your order.
Hope that helps.

Unfortunately for me there is no progress not even received. Nothing but "submitted" on everything including in the "print invoice" area. This really sucks considering I dropped it off to a human being instead of mailing it so that something going wrong, was less likely.
Post 197 IP   flag post
Received the email yesterday that my books are in shipping, so I hope they make it out the door today. Over two weeks in HeatSeal.
Post 198 IP   flag post
Shipped out today.
Post 199 IP   flag post

Post 200 IP   flag post
Sorry, but it took me a week to get to scanning these books. I can't really argue with the grades, as they were all pretty much as expected, but almost all were on the lower end of my predictions. I thought the Avengers #47 was in the 6.0/7.0 range (my #48 from an earlier submission received a 7.0, so that's what I hoped for), and it got a 6.5 (but with Exceptional White pages). I thought both Conan books would be in the 8.0/9.0 range, and they received an 8.5 and 9.0. The Forever People #1 I had in the 7.5/8.5 range, and it received a 7.5. Lastly, I thought the two X-Men were in the 7.0/8.0 range, and they got a 7.0 and 7.5. So I think the grading was accurate, but maybe a bit tight. Thankfully, no restoration, missing pages, or conservation was noted.
I do love these cases. Maybe they will do a case upgrade special next (hell, they should do the rivet cases for free!).

Post 201 IP   flag post
600860 201 26
This topic is archived. Start new topic?