Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

$1000 Finder's Fee - WDCS #4 Complimentary copy19096

Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
I am offering a $1000 finder's fee for Walt Disney's Comics and Stories #4 from 1941 - complimentary copy version.

The finder's fee will be rewarded if the lead leads to my successful acquisition of the copy AND lead provided prior to my bidding / acquisition discussions with a seller of the item

This is how it looks like

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Rjman48 private msg quote post Address this user
You've checked the usual places? Ha..other auction houses I assume?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
Cool history about it. “The Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide states that this complimentary issue was probably mailed out to the subscribers of the cancelled Mickey Mouse Magazine, encouraging them to subscribe to the new comic book series. This issue is the first cover appearance of Huey, Dewey and Louie, and is also the first Christmas cover in this title.”
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjman48
You've checked the usual places? Ha..other auction houses I assume?

it is quite rare - last copy which went through HA was 12 years ago.

last time i saw a copy was 6 years ago
Post 4 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
That is very, very cool.

In the unlikely event I see a copy I’ll pass along. No finder’s fee necessary. I know how hard the search can be for very rare stuff.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Rjman48 private msg quote post Address this user
HA will have a graded 6.0 reg copy going up for Auction in March I believe. But not the edition you're looking for
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Jgwalters100 private msg quote post Address this user
I read that only 5 copies are known to exist. I hope you find one that's willy Wonka territory right there. That's the rarest comic I have ever seen.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgwalters100
I read that only 5 copies are known to exist. I hope you find one that's willy Wonka territory right there. That's the rarest comic I have ever seen.

Only 5 -graded- copies. Also, considering transacted prices, as rare as it is, if higher $ sales go through there will be a few more emerging from the woodwork as incredible as that may sound for a 1941 book…

But yes, very rare.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Briten private msg quote post Address this user
I swear I have seen this before. Was it reprinted?
Post 9 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
This guy says he owns a copy. Maybe try contacting him on Facebook. Hopefully he'll have some leads on other copies.

https://goldenagecomics.org/wordpress/2017/04/30/gac-featured-golden-age-cover-walt-disneys-comics-and-stories-4-complimentary-copy-1941/
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briten
I swear I have seen this before. Was it reprinted?

The regular #4 has same cover but without the box. Probably the one you have seen
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
This guy says he owns a copy. Maybe try contacting him on Facebook. Hopefully he'll have some leads on other copies.

https://goldenagecomics.org/wordpress/2017/04/30/gac-featured-golden-age-cover-walt-disneys-comics-and-stories-4-complimentary-copy-1941/

Thanks. 2 ppl have contacted me about this one. I will try and contact him
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjman48
HA will have a graded 6.0 reg copy going up for Auction in March I believe. But not the edition you're looking for

Believe regular #4 which is not common but not rare either
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders

He confirmed that he still has the book and that it is not for sale. Was worth a try
Post 14 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

found a copy
Post 15 IP   flag post
@Batman66 dm’d you
Post 16 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

back cover
Post 17 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 wow! Was that at a convention or just chillin in a LCS?
Post 18 IP   flag post
@HulkSmash At a local con
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
@HulkSmash At a local con
Vice nice book and appreciate the effort but as per dm - above price point.
Post 20 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@poka - That same book is on eBay.

clickable text
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

clickable text

And the seller is NOT one I’d want to deal with again… though I might make an exception for a More Fun Comics 31… might…
Post 22 IP   flag post
@esaravo he told me he had it listed on eBay
Post 23 IP   flag post
@Davethebrave I've seen the seller a few times at this local con, bought one book. Seems like a good guy. What experience did you have with him. The guys name is Cory, he works for the company.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
@Davethebrave I've seen the seller a few times at this local con, bought one book. Seems like a good guy. What experience did you have with him. The guys name is Cory, he works for the company.

Will DM you the details but I will never again do business with that seller.

I suggest anyone considering buying from them on ebay review their feedback. While they do lots of business the “type” of negative feedback is instructive. The themes/pattern is similar to my experience.
Post 25 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@poka - The price was cut by around $5K by the seller today.

Quote:

clickable text
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
@poka - The price was cut by around $5K by the seller today.

Quote:

clickable text

yeah but still way over and still over price originally offered. it is a very hard comic to price as there has not been a recorded sale of a cgc for the past 12 years - but still above what i would consider a market value
Post 27 IP   flag post
@poka - I received an offer from the seller on this book with another $5k off the asking price. Did you get the same offer?
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
@poka - I received an offer from the seller on this book with another $5k off the asking price. Did you get the same offer?

No but that is because I am not following the item. discussions are outside ebay
Post 29 IP   flag post
600669 29 29
This topic is archived. Start new topic?