Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Grading Help NeededQuestions

Grade Help Please19093

Collector Abcjniq private msg quote post Address this user
I’m going for my first submission pretty soon and i’m trying to find a good candidate book. Can anyone give me some guidance on how much they would possibly take off for this spine damage? For context this is the only damage on the cover.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
My guess 9.4-9.6
Post 2 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Being a reprint, I would find a different book to submit
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Jgwalters100 private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with batman 66. You will lose money
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Batman66 Thank you, but it’s just for fun and to display. i’m not worried about it being a good investment.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcjniq
@Batman66 Thank you, but it’s just for fun and to display. i’m not worried about it being a good investment.

I do agree. I have a facsmile of Ultimate Fallout #4 I want to grade. not worth a lot but would look nice
Post 6 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
I’m not familiar with CBCS grading…I don’t sub anymore. I used to sub with CGC up until 3 years ago…they had a ‘frayed spine’ defect they would downgrade a comic for. If it was just a passing thing then, I’d say a 9.2…without seeing the rest of the comic. I personally would need to see more photos. But that's me…👍👍👍
Post 7 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
If what you want is just a book that will look nice for display, this isn't a bad choice. I don't see it getting the coveted 9.8 because the light wear on the spine will drop that a little, but to try out the grading experience, I'd consider this a good candidate. It'll look good because New Mutants #98 (original or facsimile) in high grade will turn heads, but if something goes pear-shaped or you don't like the end result, it's not like you've sacrificed one of the Holy Grails in your collection.

By the way, welcome to the forum!
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd thank you so much, i appreciate it!
Post 9 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Where are my manners…welcome aboard!!! 👍🤙😊
Post 10 IP   flag post
@Galen130 thank you for your insight, i appreciate it
Post 11 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Get it graded if you want to, but if you factor in the grading and shipping costs (especially if you are only submitting one or even a couple of books), and the crazy amount of time you will have to wait to get it back, I would do it differently. You can buy a 9.8 graded facsimile copy on eBay right now for around $50. There are even a few auctions where you might get one even cheaper.

clickable text

PS - Welcome and good luck in whatever you choose.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
I concur with @esaravo and it would be better for you to buy a 9.8 copy that is already graded
Post 13 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim
I concur with @esaravo and it would be better for you to buy a 9m8 copy that is already graded

This
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo I agree as well. As for the actual book you want to submit, I agree with the others, it's likely going to get knocked down from a 9.8.

Welcome to the forum!
Post 15 IP   flag post
600857 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?