Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop Culture

Movie Sequel Idea19092

I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
Now that we know about Indiana Jones 5th movie will have a deaged Harrison Ford in a flashback sequence, and we recently enjoyed deaged DeNiro and Pacino in the Irishmen, I have an idea for a movie sequel where they deage a certain actor for a certain sequel...

I would love to see a deaged Richard Dreyfus in a sequel to Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

If you seen the original movie, you'll get where I'm headed.
Post 1 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Odd timing.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Interesting idea.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector dfoster43 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayC
Now that we know about Indiana Jones 5th movie will have a deaged Harrison Ford in a flashback sequence, and we recently enjoyed deaged DeNiro and Pacino in the Irishmen, I have an idea for a movie sequel where they deage a certain actor for a certain sequel...

I would love to see a deaged Richard Dreyfus in a sequel to Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

If you seen the original movie, you'll get where I'm headed.

Yeah he could walk off a ship like those pilots from WWII and just be young quirky richard dreyfuss again.

Script would have to be worthy though ... I don't see that happening. I think something would have to tie in with RL for it to be relevant enough to merit a sequel.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfoster43
relevant enough to merit a sequel

Exactly. If it doesn't sound profitable to the right people, it's not going to happen.
Post 5 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/melinda-dillon-dead-close-encounters-christmas-story-1235317335/amp/
Post 6 IP   flag post
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/melinda-dillon-dead-close-encounters-christmas-story-1235317335/amp/

well.... sh1t....
Post 7 IP   flag post
What a shame! She had a wonderful performance in the movie. RIP
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave

Well that's a weird and sad coincidence. RIP
Post 9 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
John Carpenter's The Thing.

For that matter, I've always wanted a sequel to JC's Prince of Darkness from the moment it ended, but I'm not holding my breath.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy

For that matter, I've always wanted a sequel to JC's Prince of Darkness from the moment it ended, but I'm not holding my breath.

I was a huge fan of this movie and found out that (like most movies) there were internal arguments about budget and time and marketability and things w/ producers and suits and that 20 minutes that JC originally had in there - more details, slightly different less subtle ending, that sort of thing - forced him to cut.

I have every version I can find and as far as I know there's never been a release w/ any of this material. I'd LOVE to see a real DC of that.

Same goes for "Jacob's Ladder" (orginal) and "Event Horizon" (among many others) which also have "lost" DC's w/ more content pre-editing that would have made the movies fuller richer longer ... etc.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@dfoster43
I would buy definitive DC's of "The Thing" and "Event Horizon" in a heartbeat. Such great movies.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@dfoster43
I would buy definitive DC's of "The Thing" and "Event Horizon" in a heartbeat. Such great movies.

I read an article a few years ago about JC's "The Thing" and how a DC would clear up a few things but it was a while ago, I don't remember the details, but YES I'd would put that one on my list of white whale DC's, absolutely!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

I was a huge fan of this movie and found out that (like most movies) there were internal arguments about budget and time and marketability and things w/ producers and suits and that 20 minutes that JC originally had in there - more details, slightly different less subtle ending, that sort of thing - forced him to cut.

I have every version I can find and as far as I know there's never been a release w/ any of this material. I'd LOVE to see a real DC of that.

@dfoster43 Are you referring to The Thing or Prince of Darkness?
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

@dfoster43 Are you referring to The Thing or Prince of Darkness?

The latest response was referring to The Thing. I already mentioned PoD, which I had read an article (I think it was in Cinemafantastique and not Fangoria) talking about the stuff on the cutting room floor and how JC was pressured to put out the theatrical version etc.

I would love to see restored material / DC's of both of those JC movies, as well as a few hundred more titles LOL
Post 15 IP   flag post
601333 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?