Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Restoration and Conservation

Examples of "Dry Cleaning"1909

Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Can anyone explain to me what is mean by "dry cleaning" or "spot and tacking" iron work? I'm wondering if there's non-restoration procedures which can "clean up" some of the "dirt" I have on a few issues I was considering pressing (see examples). I'm not sure what the majority of this stuff is...it's not necessarily stains as I can start to scratch it off...so thinking it can be professionally cleaned up a little. Or maybe it really is "A Mission Next to Impossible!!!"

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
I'm also curious about cleaning techniques and people's experiences with them. I've read that some people use erasers but can't imagine that's the best thing for a book.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector TruckJohnson private msg quote post Address this user
PANCAKE ALERT! PANCAKE ALERT. Take this thread to defcon three! This is not a test! This is a sticky situation! This is a PANCAKE ALERT! Seek shelter in the nearest comic long box. We are at defcon three!!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
@TruckJohnson yes quite possibly. Perhaps someone can describe techniques in terms of....French toast recipes?
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5 IP   flag post
What is it with people within the forum and their obsession with the term "pancake"?
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
@Drogio per CBCS you're not allowed to share techniques for cleaning/pressing.

Long story (scroll down theres a thread on pressing, most were deleted) but one's ways of doing so are now referred to as a pancake recipe, its satire. A humourus way for us to cope with getting kicked in the di*k. 🥞
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
And we refer to CBCS's prompt deletion of offending threads as #pancakegate
Post 8 IP   flag post
Got it...I'm new here obviously.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio

Welcome! Forum could use an update but there's a good group of folks here. I enjoy it more on this side of the street.
Post 10 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio

Welcome to the forum!

You'll enjoy it, its a small community and the mods here are pretty good here about keeping the assholes out.. I tend to walk the line though 😁
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector QuaBrot private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome, just make sure you get a good supply of your favorite syrup ready
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Johnny_B private msg quote post Address this user
I think you should use examples of how to remove powdered sugar from your pancake. It can be removed dry, *wink* *wink*, *nudge* *nudge*, but if you get it wet, your done for..... I've heard of special cleaning sponges that have been successful in removing powdered sugar. But I have never attempted it myself.
Post 13 IP   flag post

Post 14 IP   flag post
Can I just say that I have this killer pancake recipe? The pancake part is pretty basic...just add some shredded apples to the batter...but the kicker is the sauce which is basically like an apple cider syrup (with butter)...perfect for those chilly fall evenings (yes, I make pancakes for dinner..especially this recipe)...as a kid I just poured on extra syrup just so I could literally lick my plate clean! Add a few apple slice wedges for show (Granny Smiths preferably) and maple sausage...heaven!
Post 15 IP   flag post

Post 16 IP   flag post
596795 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?