Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool: Part 519089

" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
This is what you get putting an iphone camera up to a 6 inch Dobsonian.

Post 676 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@Davethebrave I have a bunch of Pokemon cards just no pictures on hand. Here's a few pics I have...

Post 677 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
It’s always a cool experience to find something you’ve forgotten you even had … for 35+ years.

Post 678 IP   flag post
Collector IowaDad81 private msg quote post Address this user
I posted pictures of the comics I picked up today at the local indoor flea market / consignment shop over in the New to Your Collection thread. I also grabbed a few collectible cards.

After we left there, my wife and stopped at 5 Below to grab some cheap candy to take with us to the movie theater, and I grabbed a few additions for my collection of figures and other random memorabilia.

Post 679 IP   flag post
Collector enaz13 private msg quote post Address this user

Got this from sideshow and framed. Happy how it looks.
Post 680 IP   flag post

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Teens come up with trigonometry proof for Pythagorean Theorem, a problem that stumped math world for centuries

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/teens-come-up-with-trigonometry-proof-for-pythagorean-theorem-60-minutes-transcript/
Post 681 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 682 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Post 683 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Bald head gleams with schemes,
Brains rival the man of steel,
Power is his dream.

- unattributable
Post 684 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
So, some of you know that I work for a company that builds very expensive custom Land Rovers. Recently, we had the most expensive truck we have ever built (almost $500k) in the shop for some updates and warranty fixes. The owner is a huge Batman fan, and for being such a big supporter of what we do (and he is, beyond just spending money), we had a friend of mine do a sketch of Batman driving *his* truck.

Post 685 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Got me a new bucket hat today.

Post 686 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad - Nice! Did Tilda make it for you?
Post 687 IP   flag post
yeah
Post 688 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user

Post 689 IP   flag post
I've always wanted some vaseline glass.

Post 690 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad That's cool! Never heard of Vaseline glass. Does it glow in the dark or is it a UV light that makes it glow or ??
Post 691 IP   flag post
Vaseline glass is also referred to as Uranium glass. Thats why it glows under a blacklight. The Madonna is going in Quincy's aquarium.
Post 692 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad Very cool! Thanks for sharing.
Post 693 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
@HeinzDad Very cool! Thanks for sharing.
99% of it out there is depression era. No one works with it anymore because its only available in the Czech Republic.
Post 694 IP   flag post
You know, my grandparents had a chicken candy dish pretty much identical to the one you bought. I think my mom still has it. A very similar green color. I'll have to shine a UV light on that mutha and see if it glows. 🙂
Post 695 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
You know, my grandparents had a chicken candy dish pretty much identical to the one you bought. I think my mom still has it. A very similar green color. I'll have to shine a UV light on that mutha and see if it glows. 🙂
That’d be cool if it is! Keep us posted.
Post 696 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
That’d be cool if it is! Keep us posted.

I will!

My grandparents were born in the late 1800s so the timing would be right. I'm chatting with my mom and siblings right now to see who has it, if anyone. 🤞
Post 697 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I found a website that posted hi-res pictures of the signs on top of spinner racks. I printed them out and put them in my comic cabinet window.

Post 698 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Something coooollll!!!!!
Post 699 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
So I have this old drafting table that I don’t use, but think it is pretty cool looking. It’s probably from the 1960’s, and was constructed in Brooklyn, NY by Anco Bilt. At some point, someone spray-painted the top surface white. Except for numerous indentations in the white surface, the table is in good shape. You can change the angle, or fold the table flat for storage. Does anyone know what it is worth, and would any of you artists out there be interested in purchasing a vintage drafting table, possibly similar to the ones used by the great comic artists of the 1960’s and 1970’s?

Post 700 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Looks just like Kirby's....timeframe fits too.

Post 701 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Looks just like Kirby's....timeframe fits too.

Kirby's table looks a bit used. Not sure anyone would want that old thing...lol....

@esaravo Ed, not sure if you have done any searching or not, but there are several styles.
Take a look at the link. Some have prices. Give you an idea anyway.
https://www.google.com/search?sca_esv=f10c793940d61d3a&rlz=1C1GEWG_enUS1106US1110&sxsrf=ADLYWIJGkk3Nh5QWI7O3FvCV6cQq8ipLcg:1723051771908&q=anco+bilt+tables&udm=2&fbs=AEQNm0AVbySjNxIXoj6bNaq7uSpw-2eW7KIQ8H4T_tEPJYsPzOi5GKsV0RKGmy84LfyUxrl-4_0AusV0IdjeUAdX2KBg7BmnGLOak5d-z-_u-BD5mN13FgBnNWDvju7R9DTlWNidOrJflM1JuVtiWYZDkHFOJzhjFWWukocdFSx3yN5TzfLggWRnI4Aa-8EhEIZUfHR_WMFwmbeNhwTWDi8XltL7qhh3uw&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwix-6yGtOOHAxVDtYQIHafMAiIQtKgLegQIChAB&biw=1920&bih=919&dpr=1#vhid=iBcvCLShCoIYPM&vssid=mosaic
Post 702 IP   flag post
@Nearmint67 - Thanks. I looked at eBay too, but it’s so difficult with all the different types, and the prices seem to be all over the place.
Post 703 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Nearmint67 - Thanks. I looked at eBay too, but it’s so difficult with all the different types, and the prices seem to be all over the place.

List it on feebay for double what you have into it. Can't loose that way.
If it doesn't sell, lower the ask to where you are still comfortable.
Maybe try a yard sale and avoid the fees.
Post 704 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
Our sunflowers and mammoth sunflowers are in full bloom.

Post 705 IP   flag post
615415 767 30