Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool: Part 519089

You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Just saw this on the CBCS Featured Comics page. I think it "cool" and just plain puurrrdeee. Wish it was mine. Definitely my kind of signed comic (internally). The yellow label blends well with the comic. And, that cover is very nicely centered.

Agreed!
Post 526 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
My daughter crocheted a bag today. It’s good to see her put her skill to use on utilitarian projects instead of cutesy trinkets. Aaahhhh, young’ens.

Post 527 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Leatherface Mask Rehaul Part #2

Nearing completion.
The Left is the Rehaul, the one on the Right is the Original.
I bought 2 copies one to keep Original one to Rehaul.

I still have to do the Eyebrows and Eyelashes, and correct the Hair on the Rehaul.
Work completed:
Repainted, removed teeth, added mouth bar and wire, added forehead hole (where he killed the victim) and added wire to the head wound.

Post 528 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Getting stuff out for the upcoming garage sale

Post 529 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@MutantMania - That Pocket Fisherman sure brings back memories! Good luck with the yard sale.
Post 530 IP   flag post

being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 531 IP   flag post
Collector CaptAjax private msg quote post Address this user

Post 532 IP   flag post
I put my pitcher plant in a little green house every winter. I just put it back where it goes and it grew a lot.

Post 533 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
I put my pitcher plant in a little green house every winter. I just put it back where it goes and it grew a lot.

I know it has to have a name. Who is Richard Swimmons bunking with?
Post 534 IP   flag post
I never named it now that you mention it.

Edit: I’ve had it 10 years and it was re potted a year ago.
Post 535 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Harry Repotter?
Post 536 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cli4dR3D0g
Quote:

Harry Repotter?

Or Colonel (Sherman T.) Repotter if you happen to be a MASH fan. 🙂
Post 537 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cli4dR3D0g
Quote:

Harry Repotter?

Or Colonel (Sherman T.) Repotter if you happen to be a MASH fan. 🙂

or the book...Who is Bugs re-Potter.
Post 538 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user

Post 539 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Original "Sand in your face" ad for Charles Atlas.

Post 540 IP   flag post
@martymann My son is 14 years old, 6 feet tall and fairly skinny. He looks a lot like the "before" picture.

I have (jokingly) shown him this ad MANY times from my old comics and told him to be careful when he goes to the beach. 😄
Post 541 IP   flag post

Oh, Ryan's belt.
Post 542 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Cli4dR3D0g

Post 543 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user

I picked up this cool magazine rack today and love how it displays my slabs and raw comics!
I did also have a minor heart attack(not really) lol

My mom and caregiver did the set up, during which I had to step outside for a phone call. When I came back my mom had a book in hand and rolled up as you would "People" Magazine. The book? Captain Marvel Adventures #10 in mid-grade. I had a knee jerk reaction and she didn't like my reaction. I got the "who are you talking to/I'm you elder" spiel, I reminded her that next month I'll be 41. So I am not a "boy" as she thinks. Then came the "There's no way any comic is worth my than $5" as she finished putting the books up.

This turned into a mini rant lol, but yeesh.
Post 544 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
A gift from my in laws. This was my wife's great grandfathers razor!
He was in the Boer War and later in World War One in Egypt...very decent odds that this razor was on those tours!.
Sharp..but not sharp enough to shave with...should have it shave ready in a bit..then a test drive!!!

Post 545 IP   flag post
That’s cool @KatKomics.
Post 546 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
He was in the Boer War and later in World War One in Egypt...very decent odds that this razor was on those tours!.
Sharp..but not sharp enough to shave with...should have it shave ready in a bit..then a test drive!!!

Can you tell what the handle is made from?
Post 547 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Can you tell what the handle is made from?

Did the hot pin test...some sort of plastic...bakelite? ebonite? etc? Think that pushes this into the 1910-20s era? I'd imagine any later and he would have switched to the "new" double edged "safety" razors (I have a small collection of new and vintage of those..currently using a pre WW2 gillette fathandle!)
Post 548 IP   flag post
Quote:
Did the hot pin test...some sort of plastic...bakelite? ebonite? etc?

That's what it looks like to me from the picture. Very cool to have a family member (you) prepping it to be used after all these years. You're just adding to the razor's history. 🍻
Post 549 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Did the hot pin test...some sort of plastic...bakelite? ebonite? etc?

That's what it looks like to me from the picture. Very cool to have a family member (you) prepping it to be used after all these years. You're just adding to the razor's history. 🍻

well....a few rounds on my highest stone -8000 and it takes hair off my arm.
Think I need to order a strop to polish it up.

Oddly I've recently been experimenting with a shavette - no sharpening or stropping required with a shavette and of course the blade is half the length
Apparently shavettes are more forgiving on the angle that will cut hair and not skin.

So far I've only need a touch here or there with my styptic pencil - not bad really

Key is - don't be a hero!!
Start on nice flat surfaces - like side burns and cheeks
I've moved on to under the nose, front of my chin and my neck...but have yet to try a curve like a jaw line

Post 550 IP   flag post

Post 551 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Changed out a rotten lanscape timber and found hatched snake eggs. Probably from last year. I hate snakes. 🐍

Post 552 IP   flag post
OK, so I bought a cheap Chinese Knockoff mask for the 2003 Leatherface (Movie Remake) and decided to cut the mouth & eyes and repaint it. Removed the hair as well, and will be re-haring it once the wigs come in. After the hair is done, I will be adding real leather stitching to the mouth to the eye.

How the Mask should Look.

The Cheap Mask I bought on-line. You can see the blue marker lines I placed where I was going to remove the nose holes, eyes, and mouth. Removed the cheap looking hair as well, which was stitched in, not glued on.

The Same Mask Re-Worked by me. Using brush, and air brush with Liquid latex and acrylic paint.

Post 553 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson ditto on the snakes.
Chop em up with the mower.
Post 554 IP   flag post
@drmccoy74 Unless they are garter, corn or black snakes. They eat other snakes and rats etc. but those aren't poisonous to us.
Post 555 IP   flag post
615415 767 30