Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool: Part 519089

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@DrWatson - Love that foosball table, Jim! One was installed in the game room of my dorm during the second half of my freshman year in college. Needless to say, I went from being on the Dean’s List for the first semester to being on the S&#t List with my grades for the second semester thanks to that table. If the rods felt like they were not rotating freely, I remember using the inside of an empty bag of potato chips to grease them up before a big match. And remember, no spinning!

I can't play foosball worth a crap.
Post 26 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Finally got Joust put together. It looks good with the other games in the same room.

This is great! I've got a few Arcade1Up machines and collecting them is addictive. Your games room looks awesome!! The colors of the games and room go together really well. Great job!!

Thank you. They are addictive. I still haven't put Dragon's Lair together as I can't find a place for it to go.

One saving grace about buying too many is that a lot of the different cabinets have the same games, such as Joust and Defender.
Post 27 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
This guy took a mixed deck of cards and shuffled it in order.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CocixNkj_ei/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Post 28 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Cool video but the best part was the sarcasm about the difficulty since this is a well known card trick. Relative to other tricks it isn’t very difficult. In fact, I learned it years ago (poorly). Of course his execution was spot-on.

Here’s how he does it:

https://youtu.be/Ar3F2itMVMc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
This guy took a mixed deck of cards and shuffled it in order.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CocixNkj_ei/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Post 29 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
The N64 classic GoldenEye 007 is now on Xbox One after a ridiculously low key launch. It is available on Game Pass and as a part of the Digital download of Rare Replay. It is a stand alone game but you must purchase Rare Replay which includes 30 classics by Rare. The Nintendo Switch version got Online Multiplayer and Xbox got Achievements with local split screen multiplayer.

I rarely play online or chat, but you can add me. Gamertag “ ihazgamerscores “ if you’re annoying I’ll just block you; no biggie😝

Post 30 IP   flag post

No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Sold this

Shipped in this

Hope the buyer is pleasantly surprised...
Post 31 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Not mine but awesome. The Phantom 75th Anniversary watch

Post 32 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user

Post 33 IP   flag post
Recently delivered. Finishing touch on my racing sim rig. Will also use on our other PS5s as I’ve read great reviews overall.

Post 34 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
For those in a cold climate, and have bad joints I always wanted a pool like my friends in California or Arizona, but it was problematic up here. Built a little building and put in a swim spa. Actually use it every day so a worthy purchase and use of time. Has to be indoors though, removes a ton of problems, given the wind, trees, snow.

Post 36 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Lady lost ring.
Volunteer divers found it

https://nicenews.com/everyday-heroes/divers-rescue-100-year-old-wedding-ring/
Post 37 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Unfortunately, I didn’t see one for Bill Finger.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Update.

Well, as a “first day” adopter I was actually late to test this out. Tried it out last night on two different systems. My main floor PS5 and my dedicated racing rig (GT7).

One word: intense.

The immersion is insane. Almost literally. With the dedicated hardware and optimization I knew the specs were impressive vs anything I’ve tried before. In practice even more mind-bending. Mind-bending can of course be good and bad.

The good is the immersion. Used for room/standing VR it works beautifully. You get real depth perception, tactile feedback through haptics is great, and the foveated rendering is entirely transparent. Just incredible. Takes VR and makes it what was promised decades ago.

The bad is that in seated play (racing sim) my 15 mins of testing rendered an hour plus of discomfort. I’m not motion sensitive (boats/flight/driving/back seat) but the VR immersion in full-on racing was rough. I likely overdid it jumping straight into high-speed, multi-car racing. Also, looking around while driving amped the experience too quickly. I did some reading and many users puked right after or even during use (in GT7, a racing game/sim that was built with VR in mind). My reaction wasn’t that bad but still not great. Will need to ease into it.

Easily the most impressive gaming tech I have seen in a long time (or ever) and incredible (potential) value when considering its power. Will need to see how fully I can acclimate before deciding if truly worth it for me. It really is something to at least experience - none of the online videos convey even a fraction of the experience. For some, maybe a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Recently delivered. Finishing touch on my racing sim rig. Will also use on our other PS5s as I’ve read great reviews overall.

Post 39 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user

Post 40 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@figment Very cool!!!

I have one.

Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector Emp162 private msg quote post Address this user

Snow white from 1938
Post 42 IP   flag post
Final update on this. Two days of using the PSVR2 in standing VR (not seated) and I’m happy to say no further issues.

No VR sickness, just immersive fun. Will still ease back into racing with it, including improving my racing rig’s overall motion feedback.

Really is an incredible piece of (fun!) tech.

Quote:
Update.

Well, as a “first day” adopter I was actually late to test this out. Tried it out last night on two different systems. My main floor PS5 and my dedicated racing rig (GT7).

The immersion is insane. Almost literally. With the dedicated hardware and optimization I knew the specs were impressive vs anything I’ve tried before. In practice even more mind-bending. Mind-bending can of course be good and bad.

The good is the immersion. Used for room/standing VR it works beautifully. You get real depth perception, tactile feedback through haptics is great, and the foveated rendering is entirely transparent. Just incredible. Takes VR and makes it what was promised decades ago.

The bad is that in seated play (racing sim) my 15 mins of testing rendered an hour plus of discomfort. I’m not motion sensitive (boats/flight/driving/back seat) but the VR immersion in full-on racing was rough. I likely overdid it jumping straight into high-speed, multi-car racing. Also, looking around while driving amped the experience too quickly. I did some reading and many users puked right after or even during use (in GT7, a racing game/sim that was built with VR in mind). My reaction wasn’t that bad but still not great. Will need to ease into it.

Easily the most impressive gaming tech I have seen in a long time (or ever) and incredible (potential) value when considering its power. Will need to see how fully I can acclimate before deciding if truly worth it for me. It really is something to at least experience - none of the online videos convey even a fraction of the experience. For some, maybe a good thing.

Quote:

Post 43 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Final update on this. Two days of using the PSVR2 in standing VR (not seated) and I’m happy to say no further issues.

No VR sickness, just immersive fun. Will still ease back into racing with it, including improving my racing rig’s overall motion feedback.

Really is an incredible piece of (fun!) tech.

Quote:
Update.

Quote:

I like the idea of VR.
I get motion sickness, mainly on rough water, certain car scenarios where I’m not driving that may involve a level of frowned upon elements for public roads, and the 90s arcade “VR” was absolute torture.

If your racing simulation rig allowed realistic motion you should theoretically not have issues since your equilibrium would be processing movements similar to your optical input.

meniere's disease runs in my family. I rarely experience random vertigo and when I do get motion sick it is hours of recovery instead of minutes.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Acts of kindness are kinda rare these days. This disney character though, does a wonderful job.

https://www.intheknow.com/post/evil-queen-interaction-15-year-old/
Post 45 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
This dragon enjoys late knight dining...

Post 46 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user

Post 47 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
This dragon enjoys late knight dining...

That looks eerily like @figment's cousin. Two thumbs up!!!
Post 48 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 49 IP   flag post
@GAC

Is there something I'm missing? I just see actors casting shadows?
Post 50 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@GAC

Is there something I'm missing? I just see actors casting shadows?

Margaret Hamilton on the left and Aleister Crowley on the right (late 1940s). I like the picture.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Latest in high tech!!

Sadly... I have the equipment to use this with!! (my dads)

Post 52 IP   flag post
Ok. I HATE motorcycle idiots popping wheelies in the neighborhood. This guy was a wish come true.

https://nypost.com/2023/03/05/florida-man-joshua-richardson-flipped-off-cops-before-getting-hit-by-truck/
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector Emp162 private msg quote post Address this user
Those azz hat's give me and other riders a bad name, to bad he didn't get a little injured to attempt to teach him s lesson.
Post 54 IP   flag post
@Emp162
He got t-boned by a truck. He ran away from it but I'm thinking even a little impact was still painful.
Post 55 IP   flag post
600771 590 30