Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool: Part 519089

I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I'm having fun with this. Started using polymer clay and acrylic paint for the 1st time.

Post 451 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I've gotten into fountain pens - this is a Lamy 2000 (1966 to current - no idea when this one was made)

Oddly I'm ok with spending money on the right comic but not on pens.
I got this for half price (normal 300+- CAD) as the nib was done in from a fall

With patience and trial and error I was able to get it back to useable!
rhodium plated 14k gold nib

before (from the sale listing) doesn't do it justice - it was bent to the side and crumpled in a bit and spread apart!!

after - all better??!!
I think I have it 98% there - a little more fiddling maybe?

Post 452 IP   flag post
Whenever you have a monkey riding a horse, I'm in. Tom74152 private msg quote post Address this user
Italian

Post 453 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders very cool!

Are you using any kind of tools to shape the clay? I'm asking because I also just bought some Sculpey for the first time but haven't actually started doing anything with it yet so I'm curious.
Post 454 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@DWeeB1967 cool. I sent you a pm.
Post 455 IP   flag post

I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
For anyone who grew up reading comics in the Bronze Age - just got these and can't wait to delve into them

Post 456 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Walmart.com has this 14 in 1 Arcade1up Pac Mac game on sale for $299, including the riser.

Post 457 IP   flag post
I award you no points! stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user
Recently moved, this used to hold my slabs. Been repurposed.

Post 458 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up these Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (my fav 5 part trilogy) inspired shave products a year or two ago...and as my 50th is a few days away I've decided to use them!!
The razors are also from the 1st quarter of 1974 (like me!) - just a few of my DE razors

I usually don't go for flower smelling products but these are great!! Petunia (materialized in air and said "not again" in the books) ambergris, tea, and Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster (lemon sugar) notes..just great

Post 459 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Walmart.com has this 14 in 1 Arcade1up Pac Mac game on sale for $299, including the riser.

That is very cool. I would love to have an arcade version of "Mike Tyson's Punch Out"
I thought that was the coolest thing on the planet at one time. Burned up lots of quarters.
Post 460 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Logo: CYRSTAR and DANZIG

Post 461 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user

Post 462 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user

Post 463 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user

Post 464 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@figment is that Graham Nash's sig below the author's? David Crosby's gone but I wonder if you could ever get Neil Young to sign it.

Nice.
Post 465 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
This is going to be more of Just Tell Me Something Cool.

We were having a couple beers after work today and I was rambling about some painting I saw on Antique Roadshow. It was a classic example of tenebrism, a style pioneered by Michelangelo Merisi da Caravaggio. Google searching info about him brought up Caravaggio, Toledo. My buddy said it had to be Spain because the TMA doesn't own any of his paintings. I googled again and sure enough it said Caravaggio TMA. It turns out that starting January 20 we have an exhibit until April that will have 4 of his paintings including Cardsharps. I did cart wheels all the way home from work, I didn't drive.
https://www.toledomuseum.org/about/news/toledo-museum-art-pairs-works-caravaggio-paintings-permanent-collection-early-2024

I’m pretty sure I’m gonna have to polish up my yellow collar a$$ this Saturday. I’m kinda exited.
Post 466 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
@figment is that Graham Nash's sig below the author's? David Crosby's gone but I wonder if you could ever get Neil Young to sign it.

Yes, that's Graham's signature beneath Henry's. David passed before his signatures could be obtained, but it was planned. Getting Neil to sign it would be a dream.
Post 467 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
Yes, that's Graham's signature beneath Henry's. David passed before his signatures could be obtained, but it was planned. Getting Neil to sign it would be a dream.

Agreed. I have no idea how you'd ever pull it off but that works be a dream. I don't recall ever seeing any item for sale with his signature and I don't know anyone who's ever said they got his signature. He's a true unicorn. Good luck!
Post 468 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

We were having a couple beers after work today and I was rambling about some painting I saw on Antique Roadshow. It was a classic example of tenebrism, a style pioneered by Michelangelo Merisi da Caravaggio. Google searching info about him brought up Caravaggio, Toledo. My buddy said it had to be Spain because the TMA doesn't own any of his paintings. I googled again and sure enough it said Caravaggio TMA. It turns out that starting January 20 we have an exhibit until April that will have 4 of his paintings including Cardsharps. I did cart wheels all the way home from work, I didn't drive.
https://www.toledomuseum.org/about/news/toledo-museum-art-pairs-works-caravaggio-paintings-permanent-collection-early-2024

I’m pretty sure I’m gonna have to polish up my yellow collar a$$ this Saturday. I’m kinda exited.

I remember you mentioning this opportunity a while back. I'm hoping you get a little frisky in the museum and bring us back some photos that rival the photos at the end of The Hangover.
Post 469 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user

Post 470 IP   flag post

Post 471 IP   flag post

Post 472 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Quote:

I remember you mentioning this opportunity a while back. I'm hoping you get a little frisky in the museum and bring us back some photos that rival the photos at the end of The Hangover.
You never know, I got a family membership but tomorrow doesn't include offspring!
Post 473 IP   flag post

Edit: the last painting isn’t a Caravaggio but was one of his followers. It’s a painting owned by TMA.
Post 474 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Post 475 IP   flag post
I award you no points! stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user
Currently working on the library

Post 476 IP   flag post
Look, I understand firearms are touchy, but here is the pistol from John wick 4.

https://tarantacticalinnovations.com/tti-jw4-pit-viper/
Post 477 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Wow. That's one expensive gun.
Post 478 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
A different sort of collectible for sure.
Post 479 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Wow. That's one expensive gun.

You should see historic collectible guns and how much they go for…

Or some new guns (shotguns in particular).
Post 480 IP   flag post
615415 767 30