Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool: Part 519089

being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

https://comics.ha.com/c/auction-home.zx?saleNo=40246&ic=hero-pulpComics-auctionDetails-40246-110823
Post 401 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/detective-comics-69-double-cover-dc-1942-cbcs-vf-85-off-white-pages/a/40246-81057.s
Post 402 IP   flag post
I'm sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
Babe Ruth RC

Post 403 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@PhantomEwan My daughter and I were in Baltimore for the Comic Con in 2022 and we took time out to go to the Babe Ruth Museum. I saw one of these cards there.

Wait... is this that very card? Here's my pic. Yep...I think we have a winnah!! 😄

Post 404 IP   flag post

Post 405 IP   flag post

You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Recently, the Splash Page Comic Art website hosted a "mystery sketch" event in which people could send in character requests (obviously, not for free) and each request would be assigned to a random artist to create. I requested a sketch of the Spectre and I just received it about 30 minutes ago. I think it came out GREAT... I'm really happy with it.

Post 406 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I haven't purchased a physical calendar in YEARS!!! I'm sure it was some time in the 20th century. However, I may have to buy this one!!! LOL

Post 407 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O We used to say, "Business in front, party in the back."
Post 408 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
@jake exactly!! I have rocked a mullet a few times in my life.
Post 409 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O You were not alone...
Post 410 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
This is going to be more of Just Tell Me Something Cool.

We were having a couple beers after work today and I was rambling about some painting I saw on Antique Roadshow. It was a classic example of tenebrism, a style pioneered by Michelangelo Merisi da Caravaggio. Google searching info about him brought up Caravaggio, Toledo. My buddy said it had to be Spain because the TMA doesn't own any of his paintings. I googled again and sure enough it said Caravaggio TMA. It turns out that starting January 20 we have an exhibit until April that will have 4 of his paintings including Cardsharps. I did cart wheels all the way home from work, I didn't drive.
https://www.toledomuseum.org/about/news/toledo-museum-art-pairs-works-caravaggio-paintings-permanent-collection-early-2024
Post 411 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
It's no Dogs Playing Poker, but I suppose it will do.
Post 412 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O Never in my life have I worn a mullet.
Post 413 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
The blasphemy which you speak……
Post 414 IP   flag post
Keep us updated when you officially make the switch to wine @HeinzDad!
Post 415 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Quote:
@Jesse_O Never in my life have I worn a mullet.

Then you haven't really lived life. The power of the mullet is transformative!!

Post 416 IP   flag post
Wine is gross.

That’s something that always annoyed me about any exhibition I had works in or any other art gathering which I ever attended. Everyone is stuck up AF. Everyone acts like they know everything and if there was a beer to be had it was some princess craft bs. The whole experience of being at a gallery opening was always distasteful to me and it put me off.
Post 417 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Anyone else old enough to remember the artistic brilliance of Michael Godard and the Martini Olives that like to Par-tay?

I'm old enough to have a set of Michael Godard Olives shot glasses that someone decided to give us as a wedding gift.
Post 418 IP   flag post
Goddard did the interior of a Lamborghini.

That “style” was embroidered in the seats and doors n what not.
Post 419 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 420 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
A little late to the party however I figured I would join in too. Proud member for over 7 years now. Wow! How time flies by.
Post 421 IP   flag post
I'm sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
Hey me too!

Post 422 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:

Anyone else old enough to remember the artistic brilliance of Michael Godard and the Martini Olives that like to Par-tay?

I'm old enough to have a set of Michael Godard Olives shot glasses that someone decided to give us as a wedding gift.

I have a (heavily used) set of his coasters. From back in my poker playing days.
Post 423 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Discovered a cool place in my town...old school video games, pinball machines, music and....perogies? Yes! and they were really good....no pictures of the pierogies though.

Post 424 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
Absolutely love pinball!!
Post 425 IP   flag post

Post 426 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Lefse is life!!!

Post 427 IP   flag post
Being from Texas I've never heard of lefse in my life. Looks kind of like potato tortillas. Thanks for broadening my horizons, @Jesse_O.
Post 428 IP   flag post
Post 429 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
@DWeeB1967 yes, that's a pretty good description. It's usually served with honey butter or with butter, cinnamon and sugar. Personally, I like the butter, cinnamon and sugar combo. It's a big Christmas and Thanksgiving favorite. In November and December, basically every bakery in Minnesota has homemade lefse for sale. It might not be made by the bakery, but that's the only time of year you can find it.

There's a mass produced lefse in the Mrs. Olson's brand. Grocery stores usually carry that brand. I almost bought some on Amazon this year, but the price is outrageous and my dad ended up bringing me some homemade lefse!!!

Post 430 IP   flag post
615415 767 30